Evil Rich People

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Evil Rich People

Post by zsn »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:50 am it’s a funny contrast with trump, as Cuban may very well be the epitome of “self-made” (sold garbage bags door-to-door at one point)

and by all accounts, he isn’t a cheat or fraud
And, I’ve seen him laugh. Joyfully.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:35 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:13 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:54 pm

How was his assessment inaccurate?
So. Very. Duped.
Giggles and Tampon Tim are both commie Chinese puppets. Anyone who can’t see that is either an idiot, a dupe, or a bit of both.
You're reading too many Elon Musk posts.

Chinese puppets, good grief. The sheer volume of stupidity you have ingested as "fact" is staggering. Please feel free to describe what makes them "Chinese puppets" actively working to benefit China.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

But Elon has been soooo successful!
Fidelity's latest valuation of its stake in X implies that Elon Musk's social network is worth about 71.5 percent less than when Musk bought the company in October 2022.

Fidelity's Blue Chip Growth Fund has a relatively small stake in X. A monthly update for the fund listed the value of its "X Holdings Corp." stake at $5.6 million as of November 30, 2023. The fund's share of X was originally worth $19.7 million but lost about two-thirds of its value by April 2023 and has dropped more modestly since then.

Fidelity cut its valuation of X by 10.7 percent in November, according to Axios. One question is whether Fidelity sold any of its stake during November, but the latest drop in value isn't surprising given the recent Musk-related controversies that drove advertisers away from the platform.

"As of Oct. 30 the fund hadn't sold any of its stake, but the monthly report with the updated valuation doesn't disclose whether the size of the holding changed," Bloomberg wrote. "Assuming the fund hasn't reduced its holding in X, the latest report implies the value of the entire company has also fallen by 72 percent. Fidelity declined to comment."

Based on the $44 billion that Musk paid for Twitter over a year ago, the drop in Fidelity's valuation would make the company worth about $12.5 billion. X reportedly valued itself at about $19 billion in October, based on the value of stock grants to employees.

Since Musk took Twitter private, the company's value and revenue are harder to determine from the outside. As Axios noted, "Fidelity doesn't necessarily have much, if any, inside information on X's financial performance, despite being a shareholder in the privately held business. Other shareholders may value their X stock differently."

X's finances were shaky enough at the end of October, the one-year anniversary of Musk's purchase. Musk made things worse in mid-November when he posted a favorable response to an antisemitic tweet. He addressed the antisemitism controversy in a public interview on November 29, telling businesses that pulled advertising from X to "go fuck yourself."

X has had trouble retaining advertisers throughout Musk's tenure, due largely to his approach to content moderation. Musk eliminated most of the company's staff shortly after becoming its owner.
Elon seems like just the guy to fix things!

Another stable genius in the stable of geniuses!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

How much oligarch cash went to "purchase" Twitter? Must have been a lot, given his posts
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

japhy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:35 am But Elon has been soooo successful!
Fidelity's latest valuation of its stake in X implies that Elon Musk's social network is worth about 71.5 percent less than when Musk bought the company in October 2022.

Fidelity's Blue Chip Growth Fund has a relatively small stake in X. A monthly update for the fund listed the value of its "X Holdings Corp." stake at $5.6 million as of November 30, 2023. The fund's share of X was originally worth $19.7 million but lost about two-thirds of its value by April 2023 and has dropped more modestly since then.

Fidelity cut its valuation of X by 10.7 percent in November, according to Axios. One question is whether Fidelity sold any of its stake during November, but the latest drop in value isn't surprising given the recent Musk-related controversies that drove advertisers away from the platform.

"As of Oct. 30 the fund hadn't sold any of its stake, but the monthly report with the updated valuation doesn't disclose whether the size of the holding changed," Bloomberg wrote. "Assuming the fund hasn't reduced its holding in X, the latest report implies the value of the entire company has also fallen by 72 percent. Fidelity declined to comment."

Based on the $44 billion that Musk paid for Twitter over a year ago, the drop in Fidelity's valuation would make the company worth about $12.5 billion. X reportedly valued itself at about $19 billion in October, based on the value of stock grants to employees.

Since Musk took Twitter private, the company's value and revenue are harder to determine from the outside. As Axios noted, "Fidelity doesn't necessarily have much, if any, inside information on X's financial performance, despite being a shareholder in the privately held business. Other shareholders may value their X stock differently."

X's finances were shaky enough at the end of October, the one-year anniversary of Musk's purchase. Musk made things worse in mid-November when he posted a favorable response to an antisemitic tweet. He addressed the antisemitism controversy in a public interview on November 29, telling businesses that pulled advertising from X to "go fuck yourself."

X has had trouble retaining advertisers throughout Musk's tenure, due largely to his approach to content moderation. Musk eliminated most of the company's staff shortly after becoming its owner.
Elon seems like just the guy to fix things!

Another stable genius in the stable of geniuses!
Musk has to have his own extensive security people. Right?
It's as if he is trying to see how much power and influence he has to entertain himself. Am I wrong to believe/assume that?
He accomplishes getting Trump elected, then what does he do for an encore? Why do I have a bad feeling it would be something even worse than heavily manipulating a USA Presidential Election?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

apparently, musk doesn’t think women should be able to vote
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Looks like Musk and Trump are locked in a drag race to see who can burn through the most money that isn’t theirs.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:04 pm Looks like Musk and Trump are locked in a drag race to see who can burn through the most money that isn’t theirs.
I don’t look at Twitter too much. When I do, and see pro-Trump Musk posts, I can’t help but think it was a multi-billion dollar campaign donation when he purchased the company.

Yes, I know it’s called X now, but F that.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:15 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:04 pm Looks like Musk and Trump are locked in a drag race to see who can burn through the most money that isn’t theirs.
I don’t look at Twitter too much. When I do, and see pro-Trump Musk posts, I can’t help but think it was a multi-billion dollar campaign donation when he purchased the company.

Not to sound all Randy-like, but I called that when the Twitter purchase was announced
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:37 pm

Not to sound all Randy-like, but I called that when the Twitter purchase was announced
Right on. A lot of the time, much of what is written here passes me by.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:38 pm

Usually, a pretty good approach
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:58 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:38 pm

Usually, a pretty good approach
^^^
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Evil smelling rich people.
Former Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) got a little too specific when he attempted to describe Donald Trump’s body odor while speaking to Jimmy Kimmel this week.

“What did it smell like specifically?” Kimmel asked.

“So, if you take, like, armpits, ketchup, makeup and a little butt, it’s probably like that, all mixed up,” he said.

“That’s the Trump formula?” Kimmel said.

“A little bit of a pungent odor, I would say,” he said. “You definitely wouldn’t want to bottle it up and wear Trump cologne.”

Kinzinger said people around Trump are scared to talk about it, but he added that it was obvious ― and that he got a whiff himself more than once.

“He’d invite all of us into the Oval Office all the time, and it’s hard to avoid that,” said Kinzinger, a longtime Trump critic who has endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris for president and spoke at last month’s Democratic National Convention.

Kinzinger had raised a stink last year when he tweeted that he was ” genuinely surprised” that more people close to Trump haven’t commented on the alleged odor.

“It’s truly something to behold,” he tweeted on X. “Wear a mask if you can.”
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

japhy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:39 am

“What did it smell like specifically?” Kimmel asked.

“So, if you take, like, armpits, ketchup, makeup and a little butt, it’s probably like that, all mixed up,” he said.
So, like Subway bread?
Broham
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I have seen a number of these trucks driving around KCMO recently. Most of them seem to be owned by bros who own small contracting firms and have vinyl adverts splashed all over them. I guess this covers up the rust? I get a good laugh every time I see one.

Elon failing forward again.

I add the whole article below so you can see the videos linked in the article of "cybertrucks" performing in snow and water. The water crossing is hilarious. My old 1997 4Runner ($4000 and 300,000 miles) would have crossed that without so much as a slow down. This is what $100K will get you from the genius that is Elon. He is definitely a guy who should be in charge of the logistics in creating efficiency.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/cybe ... 29571.html

A rube and their money are easily parted.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Speaking of trucks cruising KCMO, I'm pretty sure you could document a sprawling network of seditionists if you merely pulled over and ticketed massive pickups driving around without plates.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:26 pm I have seen a number of these trucks driving around KCMO recently. Most of them seem to be owned by bros who own small contracting firms and have vinyl adverts splashed all over them. I guess this covers up the rust? I get a good laugh every time I see one.

I add the whole article below so you can see the videos linked in the article of "cybertrucks" performing in snow and water. The water crossing is hilarious. My old 1997 4Runner ($4000 and 300,000 miles) would have crossed that without so much as a slow down. This is what $100K will get you from the genius that is Elon. He is definitely a guy who should be in charge of the logistics in creating efficiency.

The Tesla Cybertruck promised to revolutionize the automotive industry with its impressive features, but it's facing an unexpected challenge—snow!
Derek Cressman
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:06 pm
japhy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:26 pm I have seen a number of these trucks driving around KCMO recently. Most of them seem to be owned by bros who own small contracting firms and have vinyl adverts splashed all over them. I guess this covers up the rust? I get a good laugh every time I see one.

The Tesla Cybertruck promised to revolutionize the automotive industry with its impressive features, but it's facing an unexpected challenge—snow!
Produced by slave labor, powered by tax subsidies…and owned by douche bags.

It is a model that has served the right well.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman