“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:32 pm Smart:

(Did someone say, "instructions"?)

So was Harris's WIRED interview. I'd love to see either of their counterparts even attempt to do corresponding bits.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Again, Trump's own words with no MSM spin. He is openly admitting that Project 2025 is part of his plan.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:55 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:32 pm Smart:

(Did someone say, "instructions"?)

So was Harris's WIRED interview. I'd love to see either of their counterparts even attempt to do corresponding bits.
"Policies" = I am going to give away money. That's a con to me. At least she slightly spoke about gun control.

https://www.wired.com/story/kamala-harr ... interview/
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:23 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:59 am
Shirley wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:42 am

Of course.

smfh
The best part is the open cowardice of it - I’ll only put this up to a vote if I know it’ll pass. While of course that is how things commonly go, you don’t often see someone just say it out loud.

These people are SO afraid of exposing anything to the actual will of the people.
Jim Pillen is a racist little piece of shit. I could go on and on about all the shady shit he has done but I have a million meetings this morning.

Frankly, if they don't outright get rid of the Electoral College, I wouldn't mind seeing every state do it the way Maine and Nebraska do it and split out votes by Congressional District.
https://nebraskaexaminer.com/2024/09/18 ... ham-trump/
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:10 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:59 am

The best part is the open cowardice of it - I’ll only put this up to a vote if I know it’ll pass. While of course that is how things commonly go, you don’t often see someone just say it out loud.

These people are SO afraid of exposing anything to the actual will of the people.
Jim Pillen is a racist little piece of shit. I could go on and on about all the shady shit he has done but I have a million meetings this morning.

Frankly, if they don't outright get rid of the Electoral College, I wouldn't mind seeing every state do it the way Maine and Nebraska do it and split out votes by Congressional District.
Yeah, with less than 50 days before the election no less. I hope the are not successful. Otherwise Harris pretty much has to win PA.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:38 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:10 am

Yeah, with less than 50 days before the election no less. I hope the are not successful. Otherwise Harris pretty much has to win PA.
Sure seems like the Ds blew it by not preemptively seeking a corresponding change in Maine. That said, does that must-win PA item include a NC win? Because that is looking more and more likely.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I am being dead fricking serious in saying and asking this....
Why the fu*k do/es Oprah and JLO believe JLO endorsing Kamala Harris is supposed to matter to me?
Do they really want it to? If so, frankly, JLO is one of my 50 least favorite people on the planet and I think/know she's a piece of shit human being. I'm not going to not vote for Harris because JLO is endorsing her but heck, it's almost as bad as Putin endorsing Harris and my supposed to be enamored with that.

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:11 am I am being dead fricking serious in saying and asking this....
Why the fu*k do/es Oprah and JLO believe JLO endorsing Kamala Harris is supposed to matter to me?
Do they really want it to? If so, frankly, JLO is one of my 50 least favorite people on the planet and I think/know she's a piece of shit human being. I'm not going to not vote for Harris because JLO is endorsing her but heck, it's almost as bad as Putin endorsing Harris and my supposed to be enamored with that.

Just because you also see it does not mean that you're the targeted audience. There are millions of young hispanic women who have a vastly different opinion of her than you have.

You're just grumping.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Gutter was grumping.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/ ... e-ballots/

I am sure it was just an accident that the state of Montana forgot to list Harris/Walz on their online voting ballot that is used for residents who are overseas. </sarcasm>

Whoever is responsible should be fired and arrested.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:25 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:11 am I am being dead fricking serious in saying and asking this....

Just because you also see it does not mean that you're the targeted audience. There are millions of young hispanic women who have a vastly different opinion of her than you have.

You're just grumping.
I hope I am/was not the targeted audience because I didn't watch it. My guess is neither did millions of young Hispanic women.
If millions of young Hispanic women vote for Kamala Harris because JLo endorsed her during an Oprah interview, fantastic. Mazel tov!
Hopefully they help offset people such as Musk and the Musk heads - who make me want to puke - more than JLo does.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I can't believe we live in a time where a Presidential nominee is openly stating that he is going to deploy federal troops into US cities to round up illegal immigrants and it is not being talked about more.

Has Noone given any thought as to how that is going to work? The most likely means is simply to detain anyone who looks like they are not white Americans and force them to prove they are either US citizens or legal immigrants. How would that not just be a blatant violation of rights?!?

And they say that Harris is going to ruin America? I can't believe what Trump and the GOP have normalized.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:01 pm I can't believe we live in a time where a Presidential nominee is openly stating that he is going to deploy federal troops into US cities to round up illegal immigrants and it is not being talked about more.

Has Noone given any thought as to how that is going to work? The most likely means is simply to detain anyone who looks like they are not white Americans and force them to prove they are either US citizens or legal immigrants. How would that not just be a blatant violation of rights?!?

And they say that Harris is going to ruin America? I can't believe what Trump and the GOP have normalized.
It’s part of that “threat to Democracy” that Randy says doesn’t exist and Psych supports 100%
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:01 pm I can't believe we live in a time where a Presidential nominee is openly stating that he is going to deploy federal troops into US cities to round up illegal immigrants and it is not being talked about more.

It’s incredibly sad.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I am in NO WAY defending this, and I am fully admitting my ignorance by asking...
What right/s would be violated if people have to prove their citizenship?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:49 am

I am in NO WAY defending this, and I am fully admitting my ignorance by asking...
Among other things, this bumps up against Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure.

The “other things” mushroom out from there - the fact that any program would apparently (seemingly necessarily?) be targeted at specific demographic profiles (whether race or ethnicity based, or using other criteria) brings a whole other set of considerations.

And this is dealing only with the initial “stop” - once you get into the inevitable detention and enforcement mechanisms, there are many other branching avenues of illegal here.

There is no way to do this WITHOUT using American troops against American citizens to create and make use of concentration camps on American soil.

The fact that doing this would devastate our economy would merely be adding some spice to the moral, ethical, legal and historical failure.

And again: I think even medium-information people have NO IDEA what the Court’s if-we-say-so immunity decision truly means. Our checks and balances have been obliterated, but conditionally: where it is desirable for ONE group of ruling elites.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:39 am The “other things” mushroom out from there - the fact that any program would apparently (seemingly necessarily?) be targeted at specific demographic profiles (whether race or ethnicity based, or using other criteria) brings a whole other set of considerations.

And this is dealing only with the initial “stop” - once you get into the inevitable detention and enforcement mechanisms, there are many other branching avenues of illegal here.
For example.

Sort of like how “voter ID laws” (which purport to solve a problem that is statistically nonexistent and illegal already, besides) are generally pretext for suppressing legal votes, and stop-and-frisk is generally pretext for sweeping targeted communities for warrant and fine enforcement, any program here will necessarily apply the powers of the federal government against certain types of citizens.

To say nothing of extra-judicial “law enforcement”, examples of how that works being evident in Springfield.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:39 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:49 am

Among other things, this bumps up against Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure.

The “other things” mushroom out from there - the fact that any program would apparently (seemingly necessarily?) be targeted at specific demographic profiles (whether race or ethnicity based, or using other criteria) brings a whole other set of considerations.

There is no way to do this WITHOUT using American troops against American citizens to create and make use of concentration camps on American soil.

The fact that doing this would devastate our economy would merely be adding some spice to the moral, ethical, legal and historical failure.

And again: I think even medium-information people have NO IDEA what the Court’s if-we-say-so immunity decision truly means. Our checks and balances have been obliterated, but conditionally: where it is desirable for ONE group of ruling elites.
Again, I am 100% against it, but to somewhat play devil's advocate - and again admit my ignorance....

SIMPLIFYING things....Why is it considered "unreasonable search and seizure" to ask for proof of citizenship?
Bad analogy but what happens if I leave the country, fly back to the USA, am at INS/customs and immigration and they ask me for my passport, and I tell them to get fucked - (because of the 4th Amendment?).

You say, "There is no way to do this WITHOUT using American troops against American citizens to create and make use of concentration camps on American soil".
You very well may be right. I have no idea how EVERY person in the USA can/would be "vetted" in a short period of time.

I think the entire claim by Trump is absolute insanity and could/would never happen but.... If there is/was a will, and Trump has/had the full support of Congress (I see no way possible but....) AND the Supreme Court, AND the US Military, AND.... it could/would potentially (but highly doubtfully) at least create a really interesting situation.