We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:05 am
JKLivin wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:43 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:26 am i doubt ignoramuses who spout such things have ever actually been to a “third world shithole”
Been there. Hated it. Would never want to live there, but if you’re in a hurry to live in those conditions, I suggest you move to one rather than turning my country into one.
1. What third world shithole/s have you been to?
2. Why did you go?
3. What did you hate about it/them?
4. You realize "my" country is "our" country, and that there are more "my country" people living in "our" country that make this country a "shithole" than there are "other" people who make this country a shithole, right?
5. Be honest. Which do you like the least? "Illegal immigrants" from Mexico and Venezuela who do not commit crimes other than being in this country "illegally. "Legal" Muslims and Islamists living in Michigan. Members of White Supremacist militia groups in Michigan.

1.What third world shithole/s have you been to?

Mexico and Nepal.

2. Why did you go?

To Mexico to build houses and to Nepal for student cross-cultural experience.

Lack of potable water, lack of indoor plumbing, abject poverty, and smells.

4. You realize "my" country is "our" country, and that there are more "my country" people living in "our" country that make this country a "shithole" than there are "other" people who make this country a shithole, right?

You have a right to your opinion. I disagree. Those who are actively working to subvert and piss away "my" country no longer have a right to call it "our" country anymore.

5. Be honest. Which do you like the least? "Illegal immigrants" from Mexico and Venezuela who do not commit crimes other than being in this country "illegally. "Legal" Muslims and Islamists living in Michigan. Members of White Supremacist militia groups in Michigan.

That's a pretty loaded question. For me, it would be the illegal immigrants (no quotation marks) who are draining our country's resources that can be used for people here legally, who pay taxes, and who serve their country. A close second would be the White Supremacists.

I think prosperity is a zero sum game, and when the number of people who are taking exceed the number who are contributing, it becomes a slippery slope. I am not against being compassionate and helping others, as evidenced by my work in Mexico and Nepal, but opening the borders and indiscriminately allowing 10 million high need people into the country as Brandon and Giggles have done over the last 3 1/2 years, is irresponsible, dangerous, and, in my opinion, criminal.

You may commence with the ubiquitous lampooning and name-calling now.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Now juxtapose, “prosperity is a zero sum game, and when the number of people who are taking exceed the number who are contributing, it becomes a slippery slope,” with the R/D state taker/contributor mix.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:00 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:05 am
JKLivin wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:43 am

Been there. Hated it. Would never want to live there, but if you’re in a hurry to live in those conditions, I suggest you move to one rather than turning my country into one.
1. What third world shithole/s have you been to?
2. Why did you go?

1.What third world shithole/s have you been to?

Mexico and Nepal.

2. Why did you go?

To Mexico to build houses and to Nepal for student cross-cultural experience.

Lack of potable water, lack of indoor plumbing, abject poverty, and smells.

You have a right to your opinion. I disagree. Those who are actively working to subvert and piss away "my" country no longer have a right to call it "our" country anymore.

That's a pretty loaded question. For me, it would be the illegal immigrants (no quotation marks) who are draining our country's resources that can be used for people here legally, who pay taxes, and who serve their country. A close second would be the White Supremacists.

I think prosperity is a zero sum game, and when the number of people who are taking exceed the number who are contributing, it becomes a slippery slope. I am not against being compassionate and helping others, as evidenced by my work in Mexico and Nepal, but opening the borders and indiscriminately allowing 10 million high need people into the country as Brandon and Giggles have done over the last 3 1/2 years, is irresponsible, dangerous, and, in my opinion, criminal.

You may commence with the ubiquitous lampooning and name-calling now.
1. I have zero doubt parts of Mexico and Nepal are "shitholes". I have zero doubt parts of Mexico and Nepal are far from being shitholes. Just like most other countries. Including the USA.

2. Good on you for both reasons. I mean that.

3. See my response to #1.

4. I feel the same way. Difference/s are who we feel are the people that are ruining our country.

5. Your reasons are valid. I dislike White Supremacists the most.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:09 pm Now juxtapose, “prosperity is a zero sum game, and when the number of people who are taking exceed the number who are contributing, it becomes a slippery slope,” with the R/D state taker/contributor mix.
I am talking about citizens vs. non-citizens and legal vs. illegal residents. You can play your numbers games with tax revenue vs. subsidies, but at least these are people who are actually paying taxes.

Case in point, the convenience store I go to every morning to get my caffeine fix has started posting signs on Friday of every week that they cannot break $50 and $100 bills. The sign stays up all weekend. I asked the manager why the other day and she said that Friday is payday and that they have been overrun with Hispanic men starting at about 5:00 every Friday morning coming in with their week's pay in cash and paying for their lunch and snacks with $100 bills, which empties the register within a matter of an hour or two.

It is apparent that they are illegal, getting paid under the table, and cannot set up a bank account because of their status. It is illustrative of the amount of untaxed income that runs through my small, rural Michigan town extrapolated across the country, which is staggering.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:50 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:09 pm Now juxtapose, “prosperity is a zero sum game, and when the number of people who are taking exceed the number who are contributing, it becomes a slippery slope,” with the R/D state taker/contributor mix.
I am talking about citizens vs. non-citizens and legal vs. illegal residents. You can play your numbers games with tax revenue vs. subsidies, but at least these are people who are actually paying taxes.

Case in point, the convenience store I go to every morning to get my caffeine fix has started posting signs on Friday of every week that they cannot break $50 and $100 bills. The sign stays up all weekend. I asked the manager why the other day and she said that Friday is payday and that they have been overrun with Hispanic men starting at about 5:00 every Friday morning coming in with their week's pay in cash and paying for their lunch and snacks with $100 bills, which empties the register within a matter of an hour or two.

It is apparent that they are illegal, getting paid under the table, and cannot set up a bank account because of their status.
I can only imagine how humiliating it must be to see less educated people with $50s and $100s.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:18 pm

It is apparent that they are illegal, getting paid under the table, and cannot set up a bank account because of their status.
I can only imagine how humiliating it must be to see less educated people with $50s and $100s.
Learn to read. Or, better yet, just don't respond to my posts. Your act got old long ago.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I wonder if your local convenience store owner would be ok if this significant flow of people spending money in his store suddenly stopped?

I wonder how your local tax income would suffer?

I mean, it’s a small price to pay to make sure brown people don’t get to enjoy their lives a tiny speck…right?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:28 pm

Learn to read. Or, better yet, just don't respond to my posts. Your act got old long ago.
I read just fine. Explain to me what I missed. Or, is that beneath you?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

psych calling anyone’s act old is high-larious
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I am going to assume that I have spent more time in Mexico than anyone on this board.

Mexico, and its people, are some of the friendliest, kindest and most trustworthy people I have ever met.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

yes, absolutely
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:31 pm

My issue was not with the money itself, nor the amount per se. It was with it being in cash/under the table, thus untaxable. If I have to get screwed by the IRS, so should they.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:49 pm

My issue was not with the money itself, nor the amount per se. It was with it being in cash/under the table, thus untaxable. If I have to get screwed by the IRS, so should they.
As we have made clear, this is an employer issue. The hypocrisy runs deep in the GOP as many have been paying illegals forever, especially in Texas and Florida. Your false dilemma would also be fixed easily by making it easier for immigrants to earn legal status.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:30 pm I'm not donating the money but if someone paid for me, why wouldn't I go? Other than I might get arrested for some good old fashioned heckling.
Realize Kenilworth was known as a town that "excluded" "Blacks and Jews" when I lived a couple towns over. Now of course they have their tokens.

Cancelled. Darn.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists ... pcc=cst_cm
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sparko wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:56 pm

As we have made clear, this is an employer issue. The hypocrisy runs deep in the GOP as many have been paying illegals forever, especially in Texas and Florida. Your false dilemma would also be fixed easily by making it easier for immigrants to earn legal status.
It’s not a false dilemma; it is a reality. And I don’t care whose fault it is. It needs to stop. And the idea is to discourage immigration, not make it legal.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

You are making an assumption then, and presenting it as fact.