NBA 24/25

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: NBA 24/25

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I just read all the Lakers stuff.
Lakers had injury issues with LeBron and A.D., as well as Covid fucking things up.
Can't fault LeBron and management for that.
Look at all the moves the Lakers made since 19-20. It's not as if they didn't make the effort to give LeBron and AD a solid supporting cast. What season/s do you guys have an issue with their roster/s?
You guys can use this to search and see for yourselves.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/te ... /2023.html

On another Lakers note. This was kind of cool to see.

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I'll make some worthless predictions for the season in the next few days.
I'm going to see OKC on October 26th. They got some dogs!

Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Danny Green is retiring...Danny Green has been in thr NBA 15 years!...Danny Green made Tdub feel very old today. how can he be a 15 year vet when he was in college like 3 years ago?
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:25 pm Danny Green is retiring...Danny Green has been in thr NBA 15 years!...Danny Green made Tdub feel very old today. how can he be a 15 year vet when he was in college like 3 years ago?
Remembers that time he played KU?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I'm curious as to how this would work. If they had contests during time outs - that's one thing. If it would be continuous throughout the game, I would have a big problem with it. One of my BIG stadium pet peeves is when a fan feels the need to whistle so loudly that my ears continuously ring from it.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/418 ... hamburgers

While I love me a burger, I would NEVER try and be the loudest person - out of respect for the people around me.
God willing, when I go to the Clippers game on December 27th, if a person seated (and/or standing) near me attempts to be the loudest throughout the game, I am requesting to be moved to a comparable seat. Or leaving. And telling Ballmer to eat shit on the way out.

In other NBA news - 5 questions.....
1. Kevin Love is the Perry Ellis of the NBA to me. Except Ellis was really good at the end of his KU career.
There are at least 9 players in the NBA other than LeBron who are at least 37 years old. Can you name 5 of them without looking it up?
2. The Spurs were 22-60 last season. They are my current favorite to be the most improved team in 2024/2025. Who is/would be your favorite?
3. The Warriors are 5-0 in the preseason. Lakers are 1-3. If you had to, which would you bet, the Warriors are closer 82-0 or the Lakers are closer to 20-62? On a side note - the Nuggs are 0-4 and the Mavs are 0-3.
4. Off the top of my head, I can't tell you the names of more than 14 NBA head coaches and the teams they coach for. Can/could you?
5. If I had to guess/pick the NBA Final Four for this season I would go with Knicks/Celtics but not have a clue who I would pick in the West. Who would you pick?
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

1. I thought LeBron was the oldest active NBA player? Cp3 and Kyle Lowry have to be close. Horford and Mike Conley come to mind. After that I am lost.

2. Spurs are a good pick there.

3. Tough question. I will go with Lakers closer to 20 wins. But barely.

4. Probably not, but I'll try.... Pop/Spurs, Kerr/Warriors, Redick/Lakers, Thibs/Knicks, Doc/Bucks, Mazzula/Boston, Malone/Nuggets, Nurse/76ers, Donovan/Bulls, Carlisle/Pacers, Spo/Heat, Kidd/Mavs, Budenholzer/Suns, Lue/Clippers, Udoka/Houston, Jenkins/Memphis. That's all I've got.

5. Bucks/Celtics and Denver/Dallas.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:42 am 1. I thought LeBron was the oldest active NBA player? Cp3 and Kyle Lowry have to be close. Horford and Mike Conley come to mind. After that I am lost.

2. Spurs are a good pick there.

3. Tough question. I will go with Lakers closer to 20 wins. But barely.

4. Probably not, but I'll try.... Pop/Spurs, Kerr/Warriors, Redick/Lakers, Thibs/Knicks, Doc/Bucks, Mazzula/Boston, Malone/Nuggets, Nurse/76ers, Donovan/Bulls, Carlisle/Pacers, Spo/Heat, Kidd/Mavs, Budenholzer/Suns, Lue/Clippers, Udoka/Houston, Jenkins/Memphis. That's all I've got.

5. Bucks/Celtics and Denver/Dallas.
1. I fucked up that question!!!! Good catch!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I thought maybe Udonis Haslem unretired.