Weather

Coffee talk.
hartjack8
Contributor

Re: Weather

Post by hartjack8 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:08 am i was in Daytona when Charlie hit 20 years ago

unforgettable
Daytona got wasted and Orlando smashed.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:02 pm
Shirley wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:36 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:19 pm Well shit.
How can we help Shirley?
Thanks pdub, but considering what they were predicting, we were incredibly lucky. Still no power and barely any internet, but that’s nothing. Lots of debris to deal with, but that’s nothing in comparison, either. Thank you to everyone for the kind thoughts, it was a special kind of strange to wonder if my house and everything I own would still be there this morning.

Hope I never have that feeling again, but it is Florida.
Glad to hear from you and that you're ok!
I admit I am a little confused. Earlier you said - "Losing my house and all my possessions was bad enough". Did that actually happen? If so, I'm really sorry!
No Gutter, I just said that to add heft to how crestfallen I was to learn about 99's sudden and profound demise. But thanks for the kind thoughts.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:33 pm I have to admit, getting a text back from Shirley helped me relax a little.

You should never put full faith in a Japhy post alone
Thanks Overlander.

And, #smart
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Overlander wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:33 pm I have to admit, getting a text back from Shirley helped me relax a little.

I have been looking for trucks with ventilating seats and bargain Colorado ghost towns myself.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:09 pm

I have been looking for trucks with ventilating seats and bargain Colorado ghost towns myself.
Center and the Valley do have a certain charm.

As for ventilating seats in trucks, seems kind of elitist
“By way of contrast, I'm not the one who feels the need to respond to every post someone else makes”
Psych- Every Single Time
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i go to bed last night with a 25% chance of rain at 9am this morning

woke up at 6 to rain, and it hasn’t really stopped yet
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 1:31 pm i go to bed last night with a 25% chance of rain at 9am this morning

Many's the time over the course of my career that I would remark: I'm glad there are weatherpeople around so there's always someone wrong more often than physicians.
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 2:04 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 1:31 pm i go to bed last night with a 25% chance of rain at 9am this morning

Many's the time over the course of my career that I would remark: I'm glad there are weatherpeople around so there's always someone wrong more often than physicians.
the “experts” here like to say it’s the most difficult place in the country to forecast due to to topography

i just think they suck
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It's that time of the year again in the mountains. It's raining right now
Alert: Winter Storm Warning until 12:00PM Sunday

Dear Japhy,

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations between 1 and 3 feet. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.

* WHERE...La Garita Mountains Above 10000 Feet and Eastern San Juan Mountains Above 10000 Feet.

* WHEN...From 6 AM Friday to noon MDT Sunday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult, especially over Wolf Creek Pass. The hazardous conditions could impact the Friday morning and evening commutes.

* AFFECTED AREAS: LA GARITA MOUNTAINS ABOVE 10000 FT ... EASTERN SAN JUAN MOUNTAINS ABOVE 10000 FT

Instructions:

If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

Severity:
Severe - Significant threat to life or property

Urgency:
Expected - Responsive action SHOULD be taken soon (within next hour)

Certainty:
Likely (p > ~50%)

Category:
MET: Meteorological (inc. flood)

Event Description:
Winter Storm Warning
We have two routes into the valley, I check the road conditions before we head up to the passes this time of year. The choice of routes is dependent upon the weather, It can change fast.
Nero is an angler in the lake of darkness
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 3:43 pm It's that time of the year again in the mountains. It's raining right now
Alert: Winter Storm Warning until 12:00PM Sunday

Dear Japhy,

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations between 1 and 3 feet. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.

* WHERE...La Garita Mountains Above 10000 Feet and Eastern San Juan Mountains Above 10000 Feet.

* WHEN...From 6 AM Friday to noon MDT Sunday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult, especially over Wolf Creek Pass. The hazardous conditions could impact the Friday morning and evening commutes.

* AFFECTED AREAS: LA GARITA MOUNTAINS ABOVE 10000 FT ... EASTERN SAN JUAN MOUNTAINS ABOVE 10000 FT

Instructions:

If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

Severity:
Severe - Significant threat to life or property

Urgency:
Expected - Responsive action SHOULD be taken soon (within next hour)

Certainty:
Likely (p > ~50%)

Category:
MET: Meteorological (inc. flood)

Event Description:
Winter Storm Warning
We have two routes into the valley, I check the road conditions before we head up to the passes this time of year. The choice of routes is dependent upon the weather, It can change fast.
Through Salida then?
“By way of contrast, I'm not the one who feels the need to respond to every post someone else makes”
Psych- Every Single Time