Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Post by japhy »

Fox News’s Brett Baier went on the offensive during an interview with Kamala Harris Wednesday night, but even he had to admit she got the best of him.

In a segment reacting to his own contentious interview, Baier conceded that Harris may have gotten exactly what she wanted from that interview.

“I think she had a … a mission, that she wanted to do. And maybe, she wanted to have a viral moment, she wanted to have a pushback,” Baier said. “She came to Fox News and she wanted to have a ‘go after Donald Trump’ viral moment that plays on other channels, and on social media. And I think she may have gotten that.”

During the interview, Baier pushed Harris to respond to several copy-pastes of Trump’s talking points, asking her about gender-affirming care in prisons and if she’d apologize to the family of a child killed by an immigrant. When she responded, Baier interrupted Harris’s answers and, appearing frustrated, formatted his follow-ups like debate rebuttals. Baier later offered a thin defense for his bad form in the interview, saying that he thought Harris would be “tough to redirect without me trying to interrupt,” and complaining that he hadn’t gotten the full time with Harris he’d expected.

At one point Harris even called out Baier for playing a truncated clip of Trump brushing off his “enemy from within” remark, instead of the actual clip itself from earlier this week—perhaps the “viral moment” Baier had referred to.

“You and I both know that he has talked about turning the American military on the American people. He has talked about going after people engaged in peaceful protest. He has talked about locking people up because they don’t agree with him. This is a democracy!” Harris said.

Release the Kamala!
While some on air at Fox News, such as Martha MacCallum and Dana Perino, complimented Baier’s performance and criticized Harris’s, it seems that not everyone thought that Baier did a great job—even former Fox News employees.

One former Fox producer sent an anonymous statement to Zeteo’s Justin Baragona, who posted it on X.

“Baier showed, again, he’s not a ‘straight news’ anchor. He’s a hack who’s no different than Hannity or Watters. He bowed to the pressure from his MAGA fans because he doesn’t care as long as they don’t change the channel,” the ex-producer said.

Baragona posted another statement from another former producer for Fox News. The second ex-producer said that it was “interesting to see Bret Baier for who he really is now that I’m on the outside looking in.” They added that Baier is “just so completely in the tank it’s hard to believe anyone sees him as a real journalist.”

Other journalists weren’t too pleased, either.

“I’d like to congratulate Kamala Harris on her victory in the Presidential Debate against Bret Baier despite Baier’s compulsive interruptions,” wrote Keith Olbermann in a post on X.

Writer Peter Wehner also gave his two cents in a post on X. “My take: Bret Baier has rarely looked as bad (or tendentious) as he did in his interview with Kamala Harris,” Wehner wrote. “On the flip side, this was one of her best interviews. She dominated Bret. All in all it was quite a bad day for MAGA world’s most important media outlet.”

For his faultless regurgitation of Trump’s talking points, Baier did earn the approval of the former president, at least.

“Great job by Bret Baier in his Interview with Lyin’ Kamala Harris,” Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social before ranting about Trump Derangement Syndrome. “Again, congratulations to Bret Baier on a tough but very fair interview, one that clearly showed how totally incompetent Kamala is. For the good of our Nation, her inferior Cognitive ability must be tested at once!”
Yes, let's have the two candidates take a cognitive test, LIVE on TV! That would be fun.

I remember going to the doctor's office with my mom to discuss the results of her cognitive test a few years back. It seems she got very combative with the person administering the test. "Well they were asking stupid questions and then they asked the same questions again and they were just trying to confuse me!" I think the rubes would call those "gotcha" questions.

Anyway, watching turmpty plumpty, the garbage bag of buttermilk, take the test of his agitation, attention span and cognition would be an interesting thing to see.

Can we just stop the questions now and listen to some music?
Nero is an angler in the lake of darkness
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Reminds me of the Obama School of Humor.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:37 pm Reminds me of the Obama School of Humor.

I miss humor. Trump is one of the least funny Presidents we have had in a long time.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Ba-Da-Bing!!!
“By way of contrast, I'm not the one who feels the need to respond to every post someone else makes”
Psych- Every Single Time
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:58 pm

I miss humor. Trump is one of the least funny Presidents we have had in a long time.
She’s unburdened by what has been.
“I wouldn’t sleep with your wife because she would fall in love and your black little heart would be crushed again. And 100% I could beat your ass.” - Overlander
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:37 pm

Yes she is!
“By way of contrast, I'm not the one who feels the need to respond to every post someone else makes”
Psych- Every Single Time
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

If that was humor to you, ummm...... ahhhhhhh........ ok.
I mean this 100% sincerely - I envy you for finding humor in something I didn't really find funny.

I like people with a sense of humor (and who are funny) but frankly, I'm a bit afraid if someone brought Giggles in to the situation room and said Iran is about to launch nukes in to Israel, Giggles would make an attempt to tell a NOT funny joke - and start laughing. That gets a not thanks from me.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:38 am

I mean this 100% sincerely - I envy you for finding humor in something I didn't really find funny.

I like people with a sense of humor (and who are funny) but frankly, I'm a bit afraid if someone brought Giggles in to the situation room and said Iran is about to launch nukes in to Israel, Giggles would make an attempt to tell a NOT funny joke - and start laughing. That gets a not thanks from me.
You'll complain about anything, won't you?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:49 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:38 am

You'll complain about anything, won't you?
"anything"? No.
When I am on a message board and discussing something I disagree with, or am against, or feel negatively about, yes - I will "complain".

I saw an outstanding movie last night. I have no complaints.
Well, about the movie I have no complaints. The popcorn was pretty much not edible due to the abundance of fake butter I put on it. ;)

Speaking of complaining, check out my response to you on the Uncle Joe thread. Congrats on bringing yourself down to a randy level. Don't feel too bad about it, we all make mistakes, there just seems to be an abundance of it recently. :?
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:42 pm
Yes she is!
Not something to be proud of, I'm afraid. She's just showing her true colors.

She is just paraphrasing from Das Kapital (1867), where Marx writes "We suffer not only from the living, but from the dead. Le mort saisit le vif (The dead seize the living)!" Probably heard it time and time again from her father, a Stanford economist with blatant Marxist leanings.

I'll stick with capitalism, thanks.
“I wouldn’t sleep with your wife because she would fall in love and your black little heart would be crushed again. And 100% I could beat your ass.” - Overlander
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 8:16 am

Yes she is!

She is just paraphrasing from Das Kapital (1867), where Marx writes "We suffer not only from the living, but from the dead. Le mort saisit le vif (The dead seize the living)!" Probably heard it time and time again from her father, a Stanford economist with blatant Marxist leanings.

^^^

Nothing affirms Trump's claim that Harris is antisemitic and his and Psych's claim that she is a Marxist, like her marriage to multimillionaire Jewish lawyer Doug Emhoff, who has built his fortune representing co.s like Walmart, and pharmaceutical giant Abbott Labs.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 8:39 am

Yes she is!

^^^

Nothing affirms Trump's claim that Harris is antisemitic and his and Psych's claim that she is a Marxist, like her marriage to multimillionaire Jewish lawyer Doug Emhoff, who has built his fortune representing co.s like Walmart, and pharmaceutical giant Abbott Labs.
Most avowed Marxists I know are in favor of applying those principles to others but are more than willing to reap the benefits of capitalism for themselves if given the opportunity.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 8:53 am

^^^

Most avowed Marxists I know are in favor of applying those principles to others but are more than willing to reap the benefits of capitalism for themselves if given the opportunity.
"Most avowed Marxists I know".... yeah, OK.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

He probably whispered it into her Bluetooth headphone earrings so she knew what to say
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I hear from Kelly Fenton (aka DuffMan) fairly regularly. He and Shirley and I have a text message circle jerk that we update daily.

Fenton spends his days out canvassing, going door to door talking about the issues and promoting Kamala around his swing State. Fenton's workin it!

He says he feels there is something the polls are missing, he sees it daily. He is seems confident about how this election is going to go.

He was at the Kamala rally in Green Bay where that sassy grrrrl told the hecklers they were "looking for the smaller venue down the street".

He says the smell of uppity is thick up there.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 8:56 am

^^^

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

^^^

You forget that I have worked in academia - a setting rife with purported Marxists (faculty and students) - for the better part of the last 25 years.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:08 am

Speaking of broken records.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:16 am

You forget that I have worked in academia - a setting rife with purported Marxists (faculty and students) - for the better part of the last 25 years.
I didn't forget, I just don't believe you. I assume "Marxist" to you just means "Democrat" to the rest of the world because you seem to regularly replace one with the other here.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

She's a black magic woman, she's a black magic woman.

One of my all time favorite concerts. Santana was in KC playing a show at Arrowhead as I recall. I wasn't going cuz it is not a great venue for music. I am driving and the radio announcers, yes we listened to radio back then, say that it was just announced that Santana was filling a hole in his tour schedule playing the next night at the Uptown Theater, tickets were now on sale and only available at the box office. I drove straight down there and got two tickets, front row of the balcony, middle of the stage.

OK, I might have been little high, but it was a fuckin awesome show.

One of the all time greatest rhythm sections ever assembled, and that band was tight.