Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 8:49 pm
Dims are panicky because they know they are going to get their asses beat mercilessly. Real Americans are sick of this crap and are going to send a resounding message on Election Day. The self-loathing soy boy woke dupes are going to be in for a rude awakening, and I will be laughing all the way.
So..... To YOU, someone such as Henry Luke, born just outside of Lincoln Nebraska, who's parents owned a cattle farm, who went to a public grade school and high school, who volunteered at his local hospital, who was an Altar Boy, who went to the University of Nebraska and earned a degree in Engineering, who decided to go in to the Army to serve his country, who then married his college sweetheart, who bought a home in the Lincoln area, who raised a boy and girl (that both went on to have military careers), who after serving in the Army worked on developing an Agricultural Research and Development Center near Lincoln, who then after retirement, came out of retirement to help head the American Red Cross of Nebraska, who donated a kidney to a fellow veteran, who in his Senior years volunteers in a homeless shelter and delivers meals to other senior citizens, and has been a Democrat his entire life, is NOT a "Real American" because he isn't "sick of this crap", but someone such as Johnny Fuckwad, who is a member of the Proud Boys, has been arrested numerous times for inciting racial violence, who sells benzos to Junior High School kids, who beats his wife and molests his daughter, and wears a MAGA every day and has a Trump bumpersticker on his truck, IS a "Real American" to you because he is "sick of this crap"? Hmmmm. Interesting.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 11:00 pm
zsn wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:50 pm
Overlander wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:49 pm

End of credibility.
Are we not ALL of us Americans?
Apparently, some are more American (Murcan?) than others. One example might be Columbus. Greatest Murcan Who Never Came to Murca (TM).
1984 all over again.
Ah, 8th grade. That was a great year. I’d go back there in a heartbeat.
“I wouldn’t sleep with your wife because she would fall in love and your black little heart would be crushed again. And 100% I could beat your ass.” - Overlander
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

oh the irony…the one guy that attacks and chastises others, nearly daily, for resorting to “childish name-calling”, just can’t seem to keep himself from doing it over, and over, and over, and over again

i guess if that’s all you’ve got…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 7:11 am
zsn wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:50 pm

Apparently, some are more American (Murcan?) than others. One example might be Columbus. Greatest Murcan Who Never Came to Murca (TM).
1984 all over again.
I am resisting, really trying……
“By way of contrast, I'm not the one who feels the need to respond to every post someone else makes”
Psych- Every Single Time
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:08 am

1984 all over again.
I set it up for you. The question is: Are you serious about behaving yourself or not?

I have my own hunches.
“I wouldn’t sleep with your wife because she would fall in love and your black little heart would be crushed again. And 100% I could beat your ass.” - Overlander
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I see. You get to decide what my “behaviors” should be.

Get over yourself.
“By way of contrast, I'm not the one who feels the need to respond to every post someone else makes”
Psych- Every Single Time
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

impossible feat for narcissists
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:28 am impossible feat for narcissists
Clearly

At least he doesn’t feel the need to……
Psych- Every Single Time
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:18 am

I set it up for you. The question is: Are you serious about behaving yourself or not?

I have my own hunches.
The horse is dead now, you can stop beating on it.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:48 am
JKLivin wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:18 am

I have my own hunches.
The horse is dead now, you can stop beating on it.
Hoping so.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

and yet…
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Naaayyy! Says he
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Good and good!

Google again set to block election ads after polls close: report

Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL) is again apparently set to block election ads across all its platforms with the closing of the last polls on Election Day, a continuing move to prevent voting misinformation.

That's a policy it introduced with the 2020 election, and the tech giant is set to block the ads at poll closing again in 2024, according to a memo sent to ad partners and reported by Axios.

The company will pause all U.S. ads related to U.S. elections as of the closing of the last polls on Nov. 5, Axios said, citing the email.

That comes from an "abundance of caution and to limit the potential for confusion, given the likelihood that votes will continue to be counted after Election Day," Axios hears from a Google spokesperson.

Google had pointed to its work preparing for the U.S. elections in a blog post at the end of August.

In 2020, Google lifted that post-election ban in December -- well after Election Day but ahead of a runoff election in Georgia. That's expected to be the case again this election.

Social rival Meta Platforms (META) will block new political, electoral and social issue ads during the final week of the campaign, the report points out.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I read this today, an interesting story. The polls haven't counted her.
Betty Cartledge walked into her local early voting station Wednesday to cast her ballot for the upcoming presidential election. At age 81, it was her first time voting.
“I had been thinking about it before, but I can’t read or write,” said Cartledge, who is turning 82 on Sunday. “I didn’t want to go in the booth and not know what to do.”
Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.

Plus, Cartledge’s late husband, a Korean War veteran who died in April 2023, never voted, and he didn’t see a need for his wife to, she said.
“I was married to him for 64 years; I knew everything about him. But that was something he never discussed and never wanted to do,” she said.

So, during every election season, she tried to put voting out of her mind.
It recently dawned on Wanda Moore, Cartledge’s niece, that her aunt may have never voted. Moore knew Cartledge can’t read, which can make voting more difficult and intimidating.

“I wondered if she’d ever registered to vote,” said Moore, who has voted in every presidential election since 1976, when she was first eligible.

She decided to ask her aunt.

When Cartledge confirmed she had never cast a ballot, “she said she had thought about it many times but because she couldn’t read or write, she didn’t think her vote would count,” Moore said.

Moore told her aunt that every vote counts — including hers. She offered to take her to an early voting station in Covington, Ga., where they both live. A record number of people turned out for early voting in Georgia this week, with about 600,000 just in the first two days.

“I took it for granted that anybody that was old enough to vote was certainly registered, and that’s not true,” she said. “I just thought it was something that everybody did.”

“I felt like I needed to help her because she wanted her vote to count, at least once,” Moore added.
Cartledge was enthusiastically on board with the plan. About two weeks ago, Moore took Cartledge to register.

“I wanted to go, I really did,” Cartledge said. “I’m sorry I had waited so long. I wish I had done it before now.”

At the early voting station Wednesday, Moore helped Cartledge navigate and read aloud the voting information to her, including the names on the ballot.

“She didn’t tell me who to vote for. That was my choice,” Cartledge said.

Cartledge said the experience of casting her ballot was easier — and more emotional — than she had anticipated.

“It was amazing,” she said, adding: “If I could do it, other people who can’t read and write can do it, too. Now I’m not ashamed of it.”

In fact, Cartledge said it gave her a newfound sense of independence and pride.

“It made me feel like I was American, and I was standing up for my rights,” said Cartledge, who has lived in Georgia her whole life.

The experience was equally meaningful and memorable for Moore.

“She was so excited when she came out, it was unbelievable,” she said.

Moore believes there are many other Americans like her aunt who perhaps don’t feel confident or capable enough to vote.

“They are people, too, and they matter,” she said.

Seeing the smile on her aunt’s face after she cast her ballot, “it was just really something special,” Moore said.

Cartledge hopes her story — which was first reported by WSB-TV in Atlanta — encourages those who are on the fence about voting to make their voices heard.

“It doesn’t matter how old you are or how young you are, you need to get out there and speak your mind,” she said. “Your vote counts just as much as everybody else’s does.”

Cartledge is already looking ahead to the next presidential election.

“If I’m alive, I’m going to vote,” she said.
One of the thing I liked about the versions of this story that I read, the journalist doesn't ask for, or tell who she voted for. No punchline at the end of the story about how this demographic "might" vote.

Which brings to mind another demographic.

Women whose husbands tell them how to vote. There are stories. I have even read about campaigns putting signs in women's restrooms letting them know that their husbands can not view their ballots, or "look up" how they voted. Another group of voters that is hard to track, they don't want to be tracked. I understand there is even a website for women voters and one of the questions often asked is, "Can my husband find out how I voted?".

It's sad to think that there are women out there who don't feel as though they have that autonomy, but that is partly what this election is about.
Nero is an angler in the lake of darkness
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Trump did bad things to family farms and ranchers. Harris wants to do things FOR family farms and ranchers.

Derek Cressman
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:02 am
JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 8:49 pm
Dims are panicky because they know they are going to get their asses beat mercilessly. Real Americans are sick of this crap and are going to send a resounding message on Election Day. The self-loathing soy boy woke dupes are going to be in for a rude awakening, and I will be laughing all the way.
So..... To YOU, someone such as Henry Luke, born just outside of Lincoln Nebraska, who's parents owned a cattle farm, who went to a public grade school and high school, who volunteered at his local hospital, who was an Altar Boy, who went to the University of Nebraska and earned a degree in Engineering, who decided to go in to the Army to serve his country, who then married his college sweetheart, who bought a home in the Lincoln area, who raised a boy and girl (that both went on to have military careers), who after serving in the Army worked on developing an Agricultural Research and Development Center near Lincoln, who then after retirement, came out of retirement to help head the American Red Cross of Nebraska, who donated a kidney to a fellow veteran, who in his Senior years volunteers in a homeless shelter and delivers meals to other senior citizens, and has been a Democrat his entire life, is NOT a "Real American" because he isn't "sick of this crap", but someone such as Johnny Fuckwad, who is a member of the Proud Boys, has been arrested numerous times for inciting racial violence, who sells benzos to Junior High School kids, who beats his wife and molests his daughter, and wears a MAGA every day and has a Trump bumpersticker on his truck, IS a "Real American" to you because he is "sick of this crap"? Hmmmm. Interesting.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this "Johnny Fuckwad" character you are referencing is not a real person.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

https://www.economist.com/weeklyedition/2024-10-19

"The United States' economy is the Envy of the World."
Last edited by Sparko on Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

there’s only one liar here

good projection though…it’s almost like it’s second nature at this point

do better
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Abortion is emerging as a major issue in this election: inspiring more women to show up to the polls and vote for Kamala Harris, while at the same time driving a wedge between some conservative women and Donald Trump. That dynamic is especially visible in Arizona, where abortion bans are being challenged on the ballot in November, and where nearly a third of all Republicans say they'll support a constitutional amendment establishing abortion as a fundamental right. Alexandra Eaton and Stephanie Figgins traveled to the suburbs of Phoenix to speak to some of the Republican women who are splitting from the G.O.P.

Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Objectively, Trumps support base has diminished this election and the adjusted polling algorithms lean on propensities of the last one. It is probably a blue blow out, but vote early. Help others do so. Nothing to chance due to the electoral college system