Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 10:32 am Trump did bad things to family farms and ranchers. Harris wants to do things FOR family farms and ranchers.
Most of us don't remember how the China tariffs in 2019 affected the export pork market and cratered hog farmers. And trumpty plumpty obviously doesn't.

But I know some hog farmers in Northern Iowa who have never forgotten. As soon as trumpty plumpty started talking China tariffs again their hackles went up.

They may be rural, but they ain't rubes.

They understand how this shit works.
Nero is an angler in the lake of darkness
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

But Trump also cut them checks to “offset losses”. The farmers haven’t forgotten that they got their welfare checks. That’s why Iowa is not in play anymore. They ain’t rubes is right, especially when cashing their checks.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:02 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 10:32 am Trump did bad things to family farms and ranchers. Harris wants to do things FOR family farms and ranchers.
Most of us don't remember how the China tariffs in 2019 affected the export pork market and cratered hog farmers. And trumpty plumpty obviously doesn't.

But I know some hog farmers in Northern Iowa who have never forgotten. As soon as trumpty plumpty started talking China tariffs again their hackles went up.

They may be rural, but they ain't rubes.

They understand how this shit works.
I brought up the impact on farmers when Trump first rolled out tariffs as his grand solution and how freaking pissed they were with hos screwed his last set of tariffs worked for them. I was stunned that he would revisit such an obviously stupid idea. But watching Trump prove over and over that he doesn't even fundamentally know, or care, who actually pays for those tariffs just proves every day that he is truly ignorant. A high schooler can explain to him accurately why they are a dumb idea destined for failure and guaranteed not to achieve what he claims they will achieve.
Last edited by twocoach on Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

zsn wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:09 pm But Trump also cut them checks to “offset losses”. The farmers haven’t forgotten that they got their welfare checks. That’s why Iowa is not in play anymore. They ain’t rubes is right, especially when cashing their checks.
trumpty plumpty wrote them short term checks, and many of them needed the checks.

But if you can't win back market share, the checks are a short term fix. And it was noted.
Nero is an angler in the lake of darkness
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

This is Gold, japhy, Gold!

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

What you dickheads fail to grasp. Kamala is just a puppet of the machine. Vote against

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:48 pm What you dickheads fail to grasp. Kamala is just a puppet of the machine. Vote against

It's hilarious that you think Trump isn't "being controlled" by wealthy donors and billionaires. I mean, you just shared a tweet by one of them and didn't even laugh at the absurdity of it.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If Trump and musk were part of the corrupt establishment, they wouldn't so desperately want to stop them and want you to hate them. Trump and musk are both literally and figuratively risking their lives to stand against the system.

I know it's hard for people to admit they've been duped, but you have to deep down be realizing that the dems are not the good guys in this election
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 2:09 pm If Trump and musk were part of the corrupt establishment, they wouldn't so desperately want to stop them and want you to hate them. Trump and musk are both literally and figuratively risking their lives to stand against the system.

I know it's hard for people to admit they've been duped, but you have to deep down be realizing that the dems are not the good guys in this election
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The good guys aren't the ones they try to remove their political opponent from the ballot. And they certainly don't try to kill him
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 10:41 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:02 am
JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 8:49 pm

Dims are panicky because they know they are going to get their asses beat mercilessly. Real Americans are sick of this crap and are going to send a resounding message on Election Day. The self-loathing soy boy woke dupes are going to be in for a rude awakening, and I will be laughing all the way.
So..... To YOU, someone such as Henry Luke, born just outside of Lincoln Nebraska, who's parents owned a cattle farm, who went to a public grade school and high school, who volunteered at his local hospital, who was an Altar Boy, who went to the University of Nebraska and earned a degree in Engineering, who decided to go in to the Army to serve his country, who then married his college sweetheart, who bought a home in the Lincoln area, who raised a boy and girl (that both went on to have military careers), who after serving in the Army worked on developing an Agricultural Research and Development Center near Lincoln, who then after retirement, came out of retirement to help head the American Red Cross of Nebraska, who donated a kidney to a fellow veteran, who in his Senior years volunteers in a homeless shelter and delivers meals to other senior citizens, and has been a Democrat his entire life, is NOT a "Real American" because he isn't "sick of this crap", but someone such as Johnny Fuckwad, who is a member of the Proud Boys, has been arrested numerous times for inciting racial violence, who sells benzos to Junior High School kids, who beats his wife and molests his daughter, and wears a MAGA every day and has a Trump bumpersticker on his truck, IS a "Real American" to you because he is "sick of this crap"? Hmmmm. Interesting.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this "Johnny Fuckwad" character you are referencing is not a real person.
Would you believe, only the names have been changed - to protect the guilty?
To be honest and clarify, both of the people I wrote about are a figment of my imagination so indeed, neither are "Real Americans".

I do believe there are both Henry Luke/s and Johnny Fuckwad/s who exist as "Real Americans" in this country. Which one is more "Real American"? I can't decide.
Unfortunately, right now I feel there are way too many Johnny Fuckwads and not (never) enough Henry Lukes.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 8:49 pm

Dims are panicky because they know they are going to get their asses beat mercilessly. Real Americans are sick of this crap and are going to send a resounding message on Election Day. The self-loathing soy boy woke dupes are going to be in for a rude awakening, and I will be laughing all the way.
So..... To YOU, someone such as Henry Luke, born just outside of Lincoln Nebraska, who's parents owned a cattle farm, who went to a public grade school and high school, who volunteered at his local hospital, who was an Altar Boy, who went to the University of Nebraska and earned a degree in Engineering, who decided to go in to the Army to serve his country, who then married his college sweetheart, who bought a home in the Lincoln area, who raised a boy and girl (that both went on to have military careers), who after serving in the Army worked on developing an Agricultural Research and Development Center near Lincoln, who then after retirement, came out of retirement to help head the American Red Cross of Nebraska, who donated a kidney to a fellow veteran, who in his Senior years volunteers in a homeless shelter and delivers meals to other senior citizens, and has been a Democrat his entire life, is NOT a "Real American" because he isn't "sick of this crap", but someone such as Johnny Fuckwad, who is a member of the Proud Boys, has been arrested numerous times for inciting racial violence, who sells benzos to Junior High School kids, who beats his wife and molests his daughter, and wears a MAGA every day and has a Trump bumpersticker on his truck, IS a "Real American" to you because he is "sick of this crap"? Hmmmm. Interesting.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this "Johnny Fuckwad" character you are referencing is not a real person.
What's funny is that he didn't have anyone specific when he made up that person but it took me all of 5 seconds to find a real person who perfectly fit the description.

https://www.thegazette.com/crime-courts ... -cedar-ra/

A Cedar Rapids man, who has a tattoo of an extremist group tied to white nationalism, was sentenced this week to 30 years in federal prison for distributing cocaine and illegally possessing firearms, including machine guns and a pipe bomb.

Court documents showed Burkhow's social media and tattoos indicated he was a member of the Proud Boys, which federal authorities have described as an 'extremist group with ties to white nationalism.”
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:17 pm

To be honest and clarify, both of the people I wrote about are a figment of my imagination so indeed, neither are "Real Americans".

I do believe there are both Henry Luke/s and Johnny Fuckwad/s who exist as "Real Americans" in this country. Which one is more "Real American"? I can't decide.
Unfortunately, right now I feel there are way too many Johnny Fuckwads and not (never) enough Henry Lukes.
You have created a very idealized profile for your Democrat and an extremely nefarious one for the non-Democrat. Pretty hard to take it seriously, at least for me.

I will say that being a Democrat doesn't outright make you a villain in my mind. My grandfather was a Democrat in the Kansas House of Representatives back in the day, but, I also think that, were he alive now, he wouldn't recognize his party anymore. The Democrats who have shifted far Left, who support a globalist/borderless approach to governance, who are more concerned with retribution for past wrongs rather than making things right for everyone now are, in my opinion, a danger to our nation. Giggles and Tampon Tim seem to hate the idea of America/Americans first, and I simply can't get behind someone who doesn't at least begin from that foundation.
“I wouldn’t sleep with your wife because she would fall in love and your black little heart would be crushed again. And 100% I could beat your ass.” - Overlander
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

giggles

so.

much.

projection.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:36 pm giggles

so.

much.

projection.
You should create one or two Word templates for your responses. Cutting and pasting might save you carpal tunnel syndrome down the road.
“I wouldn’t sleep with your wife because she would fall in love and your black little heart would be crushed again. And 100% I could beat your ass.” - Overlander
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:29 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:17 pm

You have created a very idealized profile for your Democrat and an extremely nefarious one for the non-Democrat. Pretty hard to take it seriously, at least for me.

I will say that being a Democrat doesn't outright make you a villain in my mind. My grandfather was a Democrat in the Kansas House of Representatives back in the day, but, I also think that, were he alive now, he wouldn't recognize his party anymore. The Democrats who have shifted far Left, who support a globalist/borderless approach to governance, who are more concerned with retribution for past wrongs rather than making things right for everyone now are, in my opinion, a danger to our nation. Giggles and Tampon Tim seem to hate the idea of America/Americans first, and I simply can't get behind someone who doesn't at least begin from that foundation.
Yes, I absolutely created a good guy Democrat and bad guy Republican profile - to project that I don't feel a person's political affiliation should be the ultimate factor on if they are a "Real American" or not.

I appreciate your sharing your feelings about your Grandfather - as I am they guy who too often says my Father (who voted for both Democrats and Republicans) would be blown away (in a negative way) with today's Republican Party.

Today I said to my work buddy after she told me I better vote for Trump, I don't want to vote for either candidate.
I don't like either candidate and I don't like today's versions of the Democratic Party nor the Republican Party. BUNCH OF JUNK!
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:42 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:36 pm giggles

so.

much.

projection.
You should create one or two Word templates for your responses. Cutting and pasting might save you carpal tunnel syndrome down the road.
you should practice some self-reflection
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 2:52 pm The good guys aren't the ones they try to remove their political opponent from the ballot. And they certainly don't try to kill him
On your first sentence: take it up with the Constitution (or with, you know, the Republican voter who was the lead plaintiff in the Colorado case, as concerning Trump's eligibility for the office, that made its way to the Supreme Court).

On your second sentence: there is not a shred of evidence that Democrats had anything to do with the bullet that whizzed through (by?) Trump's (magically-self-healing?) ear cartilage, or the guy who hid in the bushes with a gun in Trump's general vicinity while he played golf.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 2:09 pm If Trump and musk were part of the corrupt establishment, they wouldn't so desperately want to stop them and want you to hate them. Trump and musk are both literally and figuratively risking their lives to stand against the system.

They ARE the corrupt system.
No further proof is needed that you climbing up to a lectern and literally screaming that they COULDN’T be.

No one here hates or dislikes you.
I myself find you repulsive because you allowed yourself to be so easily manipulated .
“By way of contrast, I'm not the one who feels the need to respond to every post someone else makes”
Psych- Every Single Time
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Trump/Musk as Jesus Christ is really something.