Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:44 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:11 pm Thanks, Kamala and Joe!

Solid labor market fuels real GDP past pre-Covid, pre-Biden admin. growth views: report (From SeekingAlpha)

Markets have tuned into the soft-landing narrative about the U.S. economy throughout 2024, and a new report shows the economy has more than recovered from the recession blow dealt to it by the COVID pandemic, buoyed by employment at a near all-time high.

The nonpartisan Center for American Progress in a report Thursday credited bipartisan congressional work during the Trump administration and the Biden-Harris administration’s continuation of economic stimulus for pushing real Gross Domestic Product beyond growth projections made by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

CAP said “robust” employment hovering around its all-time was key in driving real (chained dollar) GDP to $23.22T in the second quarter of 2024. It highlighted the U.S. employment-to-population ratio at near its all-time high when adjusted for demographics. The 61.2% figure for September was just below the 61.49% in April 2020, as the global pandemic was unfolding.

High employment has helped bolster inflation-adjusted wage growth, leading wages to record highs, it said. Wages grew 26.3% between February 2020 and this September, faster than a 21.4% increase in consumer prices.

For Q2 2024, the CBO in January 2020 had forecast real GDP of $22.7T, and in February 2021, it projected $22.9T for Q2 this year. This year’s Q2 result from the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis meant real GDP was 2.4% ahead of the CBO’s pre-COVID projection, and 1.6% ahead of the pre-Biden-Harris policy estimate.

The “economy in 2024 is stronger than experts had predicted it would be in 2024 before COVID-19 even happened. And it is stronger now than it was projected to be by 2024 at the beginning of the Biden-Harris administration,” Bobby Kogan and Brendan Duke, senior directors of federal budget policy and economic policy, respectively, at CAP, said in their report.

“Learning from mistakes made in prior recessions, Congress passed recovery legislation that prevented economic scarring and instead ensured a speedy and full recovery," they said...
Then why aren't people doing better? Why are they still unable to afford groceries and cars and homes? Why are they still working multiple jobs? You can play numbers games all you want, but until people see a difference in their bank account and pocket book, they won't care. That is one of the main reasons why Giggles will lose and lose badly.
So: if statistics like unemployment, market indices, CPI, GDP, etc., cannot be used - not now, not ever - to conclude that people are "doing better," what can?

What is your measuring stick, if not capable of being expressed in numbers, for when people are "doing better?"
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Solid labor market fuels real GDP past pre-Covid, pre-Biden admin. growth views: report (From SeekingAlpha)

Markets have tuned into the soft-landing narrative about the U.S. economy throughout 2024, and a new report shows the economy has more than recovered from the recession blow dealt to it by the COVID pandemic, buoyed by employment at a near all-time high.

The nonpartisan Center for American Progress in a report Thursday credited bipartisan congressional work during the Trump administration and the Biden-Harris administration’s continuation of economic stimulus for pushing real Gross Domestic Product beyond growth projections made by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

CAP said “robust” employment hovering around its all-time was key in driving real (chained dollar) GDP to $23.22T in the second quarter of 2024. It highlighted the U.S. employment-to-population ratio at near its all-time high when adjusted for demographics. The 61.2% figure for September was just below the 61.49% in April 2020, as the global pandemic was unfolding.

High employment has helped bolster inflation-adjusted wage growth, leading wages to record highs, it said. Wages grew 26.3% between February 2020 and this September, faster than a 21.4% increase in consumer prices.

For Q2 2024, the CBO in January 2020 had forecast real GDP of $22.7T, and in February 2021, it projected $22.9T for Q2 this year. This year’s Q2 result from the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis meant real GDP was 2.4% ahead of the CBO’s pre-COVID projection, and 1.6% ahead of the pre-Biden-Harris policy estimate.

The “economy in 2024 is stronger than experts had predicted it would be in 2024 before COVID-19 even happened. And it is stronger now than it was projected to be by 2024 at the beginning of the Biden-Harris administration,” Bobby Kogan and Brendan Duke, senior directors of federal budget policy and economic policy, respectively, at CAP, said in their report.

“Learning from mistakes made in prior recessions, Congress passed recovery legislation that prevented economic scarring and instead ensured a speedy and full recovery," they said...
Then why aren't people doing better? Why are they still unable to afford groceries and cars and homes? Why are they still working multiple jobs? You can play numbers games all you want, but until people see a difference in their bank account and pocket book, they won't care. That is one of the main reasons why Giggles will lose and lose badly.
I can only speak for myself.
I am doing better.
I can afford whatever I want to buy.
I just have the one job…and some passive income.

I did have a bit of a bump in the road doing a home remodel during the Covid supply chain issue. My opinion on who caused the majority of that will differ….unless you believe what Mich says about the “buck stops with the man in charge”…then that choice is easy to figure out.

Your “Giggles’ schtick isn’t a help to your case.
“By way of contrast, I'm not the one who feels the need to respond to every post someone else makes”
Psych- Every Single Time
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:16 pm

So: if statistics like unemployment, market indices, CPI, GDP, etc., cannot be used - not now, not ever - to conclude that people are "doing better," what can?

What is your measuring stick, if not capable of being expressed in numbers, for when people are "doing better?"
Don’t know that I have one. I do know what I see and hear, and, as a family whose livelihood is dependent on people having enough disposable income to send their kids to private college, things are disturbing.
“I wouldn’t sleep with your wife because she would fall in love and your black little heart would be crushed again. And 100% I could beat your ass.” - Overlander
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:19 pm

I am doing better.

I did have a bit of a bump in the road doing a home remodel during the Covid supply chain issue. My opinion on who caused the majority of that will differ….unless you believe what Mich says about the “buck stops with the man in charge”…then that choice is easy to figure out.

Duly noted. Thanks for a non-snarky reply. I mean that genuinely.
“I wouldn’t sleep with your wife because she would fall in love and your black little heart would be crushed again. And 100% I could beat your ass.” - Overlander
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:52 pm

Don’t know that I have one. I do know what I see and hear, and, as a family whose livelihood is dependent on people having enough disposable income to send their kids to private college, things are disturbing.
I just don’t see how “folks can’t afford to send their kids to private college” is the economic indicator that most of us are watching.
“By way of contrast, I'm not the one who feels the need to respond to every post someone else makes”
Psych- Every Single Time
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:53 pm

I am doing better.

I really am trying to not be the person that you pull out of me.

We can both do better.
Psych- Every Single Time
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:21 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:53 pm

I am doing better.

I really am trying to not be the person that you pull out of me.

We can both do better.
On that we can agree.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:19 pm

I just don’t see how “folks can’t afford to send their kids to private college” is the economic indicator that most of us are watching.
I get that. I was asked what my standard for “okay” was, and that’s it, for better or worse.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i don’t like that it takes both parents working in the vast majority of cases in order to buy a house, have a family, and save for retirement

the 1950s aren’t coming back…and it’s not Biden’s, Kamala’s, or the Democrats’ fault
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:17 pm i don’t like that it takes both parents working in the vast majority of cases in order to buy a house, have a family, and save for retirement

the 1950s aren’t coming back…and it’s not Biden’s, Kamala’s, or the Democrats’ fault
Me too. And yes.
Psych- Every Single Time
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Reminds me of the end of my competitive career. My partner at the time was from LA and she had to quit because her family was going some "tough financial times". Her parents had to sell their place in Sun Valley, Idaho and build a new place in West Hollywood after the game show the Dad produced was cancelled and they needed to "tighten their belt". Mind you, I was bartending after training every night and then going home to the room I rented above some lady's garage at the time to fund my training and praying every day that my junky vehicle would make it to the facility without dying.

We all have different levels of how we define "struggling".
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:36 pm

Reminds me of the end of my competitive career. My partner at the time was from LA and she had to quit because her family was going some "tough financial times". Her parents had to sell their place in Sun Valley, Idaho and build a new place in West Hollywood after the game show the Dad produced was cancelled and they needed to "tighten their belt". Mind you, I was bartending after training every night and then going home to the room I rented above some lady's garage at the time to fund my training and praying every day that my junky vehicle would make it to the facility without dying.

We all have different levels of how we define "struggling".
Yep.
In 2008, when my financial world fell apart, I had come to the realization that I actually didn’t NEED 4 cars, 2 dirt bikes, a motor home and a vacation home in Belize.

Ever since then, I spend money (outside of Jeeping) on real estate and investments that pay.
Psych- Every Single Time
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The economy is better under democratic presidents over the last century. So says all evidence and history.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:57 pm The economy is better under democratic presidents over the last century. So says all evidence and history.
Not what the past 4 years said. Even if that was accurate, which it's clearly no tangible way to make a claim like that, it doesn't matter. Because the current administration has done a shitty job, and in no way has kamala earned a promotion. She's making all these day one promises of things she could fix now while already being in office
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

randylahey wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:00 pm
Sparko wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:57 pm The economy is better under democratic presidents over the last century. So says all evidence and history.
Not what the past 4 years said. Even if that was accurate, which it's clearly no tangible way to make a claim like that, it doesn't matter. Because the current administration has done a shitty job, and in no way has kamala earned a promotion. She's making all these day one promises of things she could fix now while already being in office
It's because you are untruthful and a member of a reality denying cult.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Apparently kamala has had a few emotional breakdowns in recent days where she has publicly gone off on her team and blamed them for why she will lose the election. Sounds like she has lost her "joy"
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

But paid by the post I guess.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

S&P 500 kicks off third year of bull run by notching its longest weekly gain of 2024

The benchmark index kicked off the first week of the third year of its current bull run by notching its 46th and 47th record close of 2024. Meanwhile, it was a historic week for the venerable Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI). The blue-chip gauge surpassed the 43,000 points mark for the first time ever, while posting its 37th through 40th record close of the year.

The S&P 500 (SP500) also achieved a six-week win streak, its longest such positive run in 2024. In fact, it was the average's longest weekly win streak since the start of December last year.

Wall Street's advance was driven by a combination of strong earnings, a continued rotation into all corners of the market, a robust retail sales report and increased hopes that the Federal Reserve would be able to deliver a soft landing. ...
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Facts.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Humor Randy. For those older than age 5 emotionally.