Chiefs 2024

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Chiefs 2024

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 7:12 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 6:33 pm hella impressive, quite frankly, with the injury/roster issues
This...6-0 feels damn good considering.
And the Chiefs next 8 games:
@ Raiders
Vs.Tampa Bay
Vs. Broncos
@ Bills
Vs. Panthers
Vs. Raiders
Vs. Chargers
@ Browns

Compared to the first 6 games, this is a pretty easy run. Tampa and Buffalo are good. Denver is decent but offensively challenged. Chargers are OK. Raiders and Carolina stink.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hope I don’t jinx it but I think the floor is 6-2 from that stretch bringing us to 12-2.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 5:59 pm What a obvious missed hold on the left side for that big competition.
This is what caused me to login yesterday to post here.
Clearly a hold.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:30 am Hope I don’t jinx it but I think the floor is 6-2 from that stretch bringing us to 12-2.
I don't know what to think. Pat's first 6-0 start, in what might be his worst stretch of ANY six games.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:18 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:30 am Hope I don’t jinx it but I think the floor is 6-2 from that stretch bringing us to 12-2.
I don't know what to think. Pat's first 6-0 start, in what might be his worst stretch of ANY six games.
It's been bad but the talent around him on offense is the worst it's ever been.
Wanya and Suamatia can't protect that edge. Jawaan Taylor isn't any better ( is worse? ) on the other side.

Kelce is both aging and, imo, didn't put in the work he normally does this offseason.
The starting RB is a guy off waivers.
Your best WR's are both hurt and the guy that looked like he could fill in at the role of one of those WR's is now hurt.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:22 pm
It is. And he is looking ... shell-shocked I guess? We're 25+ games into an experiment that I don't think he's having a lot of fun with, week-to-week, and he's playing kinda scared, kinda tentative.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:26 pm

It is. And he is looking ... shell-shocked I guess? We're 25+ games into an experiment that I don't think he's having a lot of fun with, week-to-week, and he's playing kinda scared, kinda tentative.
I guess in some ways he is.
But I wouldn't tell that to Mustapha.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

That was as fun to watch as anything he's done (the stutter juke was great also).

But lord knows that's not the recipe. He looks deeply uncomfortable throwing the ball, and I would like for that to be resolved.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

His main guy, who he has thrown to his entire career, is constantly double teamed, and I just don't think Worthy is actually that good ( though he did miss him on an early throw right at the start of the 2nd half ) at the moment.

When Noah Gray is your leading receiver, you may have an issue.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

If you told me 6 weeks ago that at this point in the season; Brown, Rice, Pacheco, infill WR Shuster, would all be hurt. And Mahomes would have 6 TD and 8 INT, I would have said we would be lucky to get 3-3.

And here we are at 6-0. Mahomes scrambling in the 4th Q was unreal. It has been an oddly fun season to watch. This team just wins games. I am just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.
Nero is an angler in the lake of darkness
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Here's a big huge mouthful of crow alert from pdub.
Big bites.

Spagnola is a huge reason we won last season and an even bigger one this season.
( I always thought he was a 'mid' coordinator )

Normally, with basically all of football, I just get nervous when the opposite team gets the ball - it's significantly less enjoyable - and I'm sure that's just pretty common because literally the ball is not in your hands. ( it also may just be having a long long fan career of awful defenses for the Chiefs and the Jayhawks ).

Lately though I am less nervous and even somewhat enjoy when our team is on defense.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:37 pm If you told me 6 weeks ago that at this point in the season; Brown, Rice, Pacheco, infill WR Shuster, would all be hurt. And Mahomes would have 6 TD and 8 INT, I would have said we would be lucky to get 3-3.

And here we are at 6-0. Mahomes scrambling in the 4th Q was unreal. It has been an oddly fun season to watch. This team just wins games. I am just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.
6-0 with a 2.5 game lead in the loss column on what is probably the second best team in the conference. At this point it would take quite a calamity to beat both Buffalo and Houston, and NOT get the #1 seed.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:42 pm Normally, with basically all of football, I just get nervous when the opposite team gets the ball - it's significantly less enjoyable - and I'm sure that's just pretty common because literally the ball is not in your hands. ( it also may just be having a long long fan career of awful defenses for the Chiefs and the Jayhawks ).

Lately though I am less nervous and even somewhat enjoy when our team is on defense.
In years past we always knew if the other team scored with less than 5:00 to go and took the lead the Chief's were toast. It's a lot less stressful when you have seen Mahomes go down the field in 13 seconds to tie a game. Now it's the other teams fans saying, "oh shit, they have the ball and there is still :30 on the clock, that's too much time!"
Nero is an angler in the lake of darkness
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:42 pm Here's a big huge mouthful of crow alert from pdub.
Big bites.

Spagnola is a huge reason we won last season and an even bigger one this season.

Normally, with basically all of football, I just get nervous when the opposite team gets the ball - it's significantly less enjoyable - and I'm sure that's just pretty common because literally the ball is not in your hands. ( it also may just be having a long long fan career of awful defenses for the Chiefs and the Jayhawks ).

I just get so nervous about how arbitrary the massive judgment calls are, when you're on defense. An official can see roughing the passer, defensive holding and defensive pass interference whenever he wants, and each of those tends - TENDS - to have (IMO) hilariously outsized consequences relative to the severity of the foul.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:53 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:42 pm Here's a big huge mouthful of crow alert from pdub.
Big bites.

I just get so nervous about how arbitrary the massive judgment calls are, when you're on defense. An official can see roughing the passer, defensive holding and defensive pass interference whenever he wants, and each of those tends - TENDS - to have (IMO) hilariously outsized consequences relative to the severity of the foul.
Yes.
Truth.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:55 pm
Big bites.

Yes.
Truth.
Speaking of things we'd do differently if starting from scratch - the automatic first down on defensive holding is a travesty. And I really think DPI needs major and minor flavors. IMO you should not get rewarded with a 50 yard penalty (on what would have been a contested catch!) unless the defender isn't even trying to play the ball.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:59 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:55 pm

Yes.
Truth.
Speaking of things we'd do differently if starting from scratch - the automatic first down on defensive holding is a travesty. And I really think DPI needs major and minor flavors. IMO you should not get rewarded with a 50 yard penalty (on what would have been a contested catch!) unless the defender isn't even trying to play the ball.
Yes.
Also agree.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

PDub with a lot of sense here. I am not too frustrated with Mahomes. Mahomes needs to get out in space. The first pick yesterday was a fluke. The second one Worthy fell down--their turf was slick yesterday. Happened over and over. The Chiefs will beat you however you want. Running, defense, throwing. Anxious to see who is called up.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:26 pm

To me he is just unsure. He doesn't have a lot of confidence that guys are going to do what they should and be where they should. I blame most of that on the fact that every single week he has a different set of skill players that he has to work with. It is hard to gel when changes are constantly happening.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd still like to try and get Hopkins if he can be had for a 5th or Hopkins and a 6th for a 4th.