Baseball

Other Sports.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Baseball

Post by Shirley »

Hell of an ending to the Guardian v Yankees game tonight.

David Fry with a home run for the Guardians in the bottom of the 10th!
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I wanna see Charlie Sheen
Broham
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:41 pm I wanna see Charlie Sheen
6 degrees of Gutter.......

Run in to Charlie Sheen at Game 7 of the 2016 World Series.
Walked right past him not really thinking twice.
Next half hour I think about how I could/should have asked him if he remembers meeting me in 1986 in Wilmette while filming Lucas (ZERO chance he would have) and how I should have asked him about KU. You know, being that he was offered a scholarship to play at KU.

P.S. This always makes me smile. Now that the game is over.
Fully admit it PISSED ME OFF BIG TIME watching it live.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Most of America looses with this matchup.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I almost believe they give both teams the live balls.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 9:55 am Most of America looses with this matchup.
Including the writers, at least from a logistical standpoint. That travel is a bear. At least the West Coast team isn’t Mariners or, worst of all, Padres.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 3:09 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 9:55 am Most of America looses with this matchup.
Including the writers, at least from a logistical standpoint. That travel is a bear. At least the West Coast team isn’t Mariners or, worst of all, Padres.
Gutter being Gutter.......

pdub - I completely disagree. Big star power. Big Markets. Two best teams records wise in their leagues.
I know you are a big payroll guy so my guess is that's why you said what you did.
How many WS have there been since 2000 and how many different teams have won the WS since 2000?
I'm going to guess of all the teams that won the World Series since 2000, 10 of them weren't in the top 10 in payroll.
How many different teams have made the playoffs in the last 10 years?
If I am not mistaken, I think every team has.
Yes, of course being in a big market and having a huge payroll helps a team. I'm just saying, maybe not as much as you like to imply it does?

Fish - I can't and won't speak for writers (I am not sure if you are referring to local?, national?, international?) but for many reasons New York and LA are two of the best cities to travel to.
Yeah, maybe it's not a whole lot of fun flying back and forth from LA to NY and NY to LA but there are a whole lot more travel options (flights both commercial and private, hotels, ground transportation, restaurants, etc.) than are available in smaller cities.
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Unless the TV folks are generous with their jets, none of the writers are flying private. Yes, there are a million options. But they still involve long flights in and out of airports that aren’t exactly a ten minute uber from the parks and hotels.

Don’t get me wrong, we’re talking about jobs people kill for. But they’re still people with (in most cases) families, and it’s a lot!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:46 pm Unless the TV folks are generous with their jets, none of the writers are flying private. Yes, there are a million options. But they still involve long flights in and out of airports that aren’t exactly a ten minute uber from the parks and hotels.

Don’t get me wrong, we’re talking about jobs people kill for. But they’re still people with (in most cases) families, and it’s a lot!
All good points!
I was just Gutter being Gutter. ;)