Kansas Basketball.
Leawood

Auburn: Hosed

Post by Leawood »

Tired of this
3rdGenJayhawk

Re: Auburn: Hosed

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

Shit. To finish your sentence. Yeah a bad, awful ending. NCAA should be very embarrassed.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I don’t like Bruce Pearl. I hope he says something worthy of a significant fine. And then I hope he tells the NCAA to fuck off.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

That's right, $$$

Saints say welcome to hoseville.
Broham
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

At least it wasn’t a made up forward progress type of hosing. More like ignoring forest for the trees
thebones

Post by thebones »

Robots should ref games from now on.
painter

Post by painter »

Leawood wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:40 pm I don’t like Bruce Pearl. I hope he says something worthy of a significant fine. And then I hope he tells the NCAA to fuck off.
I'm with you on this and you can throw Kelvin Sampson in there as well. Neither one of these guys should be anywhere near college basketball
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

painter wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:33 pm
Leawood wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:40 pm I don’t like Bruce Pearl. I hope he says something worthy of a significant fine. And then I hope he tells the NCAA to fuck off.
I'm with you on this and you can throw Kelvin Sampson in there as well. Neither one of these guys should be anywhere near college basketball
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you have an issue with that call then you should have a major issue with the Purdue Tenn call.

Much like that call, I might not have called it. In today’s weak ass basketball, you “gotta” call it.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I'm overseas and I cannot/did not watch the game(s). But saw this photo on ESPN. The necessary rule change is that if the leg kicks out, and makes contact outside the "frame of the body" (similar to the hip-check illegal screen rule) then the foul is called on the shooter, unless the defender clearly steps in to take away the shooter's landing spot.

Can't do anything about the refs blowing a double-dribble call :(

https://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=% ... ion=center
Last edited by zsn on Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

They probably didn't need the foul right before that. The guy was going to force up deep running 3 at the buzzer most likely (yes. Even though he did double dribble)....instead foul. Then foul the 3pt shooter on the quick hit inbound play. Game over.

Great tournament run by Auburn. Some validation for Bruce Pearl.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Truth be told, I have no fucks to give on Auburn's behalf.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
thebones

Post by thebones »

State is inchworming closer
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think there is equal and likely more evidence that Auburn paid or worked with people to pay their players than KU.

If Bennett got his players legitimately, and in this case it looks cleaner, well, go UVA, clearly.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Even as much as some Phogushers don’t mind underhanded payments, I should hope those same people would recognize it’s tougher and likely more a feat to win without that monetary advantage.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:43 pm They probably didn't need the foul right before that. The guy was going to force up deep running 3 at the buzzer most likely (yes. Even though he did double dribble)....instead foul. Then foul the 3pt shooter on the quick hit inbound play. Game over.

Great tournament run by Auburn. Some validation for Bruce Pearl.
I rewatched that double dribble and it looked like Auburn fouled him before it happened.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Grabbed his jersey.
The double dribble missed call was a bad one.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

It can't be perfect. But he double dribbled before the foul. Plus it was stupid to foul him there. The odds of the Virginia player hitting that shot was long. What Pearl should have told his players after the first foul was play it straight. Strong defense and let the clock beat them.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

No one has mentioned how funny it is that Auburn got bounced on the same exact type of foul that should of bounced them in their first round game?

That’s the best part to me, as in the end I’m with DC. Who gives a shit about Auburn?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

You can't not call that a foul, these days or any day. You move into and bump a guy that's shooting, that's a foul.