Kansas Basketball.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: NBA Finals

Post by jhawks99 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:46 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 am
pdub wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:25 am

Not only is one of the top five players playing against you - but he's killing you.
It looks very much that with Durant, you are going to loose three in a row.
You'd think the group on here would have some experience with getting killed by Durant only to watch him get hurt.
was actually gonna comment on that

i don’t recall the Fieldhouse faithful cheering
I do. When he checked back in.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 am

You'd think the group on here would have some experience with getting killed by Durant only to watch him get hurt.

I do. When he checked back in.
One of the best non Jayhawk moments ever at the Fieldhouse.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^

still the single greatest individual basketball performance I’ve witnessed live.
Deleted User 62

Anthony Peeler's 43 pts, 1992.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

fuck peeler
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:08 am Anthony Peeler's 43 pts, 1992.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg4UJ6-NLR8
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:53 am Warriors fans are the worst.
Why?

Every team has its good fans and bad fans. Yes, the Warriors have their share of fair-weather bandwagon-jumper-onners (ten years ago they couldn't give away tickets for free!) but I don't think the Warriors fans have done anything to deserve that blanket accusation. I don't think they have set that many cars on fire during the past five consecutive NBA Finals appearance :)

I'm not just saying this because I live in the Bay Area and know more than my share of Warriors "fans", including my own daughter who wouldn't know a dribble from a travel......(come to think of it, neither do NBA refs, but I digress..........) but there she is all caught up in the excitement!!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:25 am

Not only is one of the top five players playing against you - but he's killing you.
It looks very much that with Durant, you are going to loose three in a row.

As always, I feel the need to point out that KU had taken the lead prior to Durant's injury.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

To borrow a line from "Apocalypse Now," calling a moving screen in the NBA finals is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500. Just absurd. Let it go 90 percent of the time, call it in a crucial moment in last night's game.

The basketball has been good - though Golden State has really been sloppy. But the officiating is so inconsistent it ruins the game.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

^^^^
BINGO

It gets to the point where it completely takes away from what the players are (and are not) doing on the court.
My exact thought last night was how refs arbitrary/inconsistent calls (and non calls) have had such a major bearing on the NFL, MLB (think inconsistent strike zones), NHL, and NBA.
It's always been that way but for some reason it seems magnified to me in the past few years.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There were some bad calls and misses that seemed to go in Toronto's way last night but Golden State til pulled outta there with a win.

( couple missed goaltends, the screen, the basket interference...looked to me that was very close if not out of the cylinder )
Deleted User 62

I seriously thought the goaltend was valid...until the replay.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I didn't think it was goaltending live, and it for sure wasn't after the replay. But Ed Malloy strikes again.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There was a great This American Life podcast a month or so ago about how terrific NBA officials actually are.

I suppose it's how you look at it: I thought it was an odd place for a moving screen call, but it was a moving screen.

Boogie's goaltend looked like it was in the cylinder (certainly not enough to overturn), but that ball was clearly coming out of the basket. The broadcast team was right in that it's the rule that needs to be changed.
Deleted User 62

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:13 pm There was a great This American Life podcast a month or so ago about how terrific NBA officials actually are.

I suppose it's how you look at it: I thought it was an odd place for a moving screen call, but it was a moving screen.

Boogie's goaltend looked like it was in the cylinder (certainly not enough to overturn), but that ball was clearly coming out of the basket. The broadcast team was right in that it's the rule that needs to be changed.
International rules should apply.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And there are travels missed all over the place but there was a big one not called on Kawhi with under a minute left in the game.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:08 pm There were some bad calls and misses that seemed to go in Toronto's way last night but Golden State til pulled outta there with a win.

( couple missed goaltends, the screen, the basket interference...looked to me that was very close if not out of the cylinder )
not to mention the non-call foul on Klay's double pump 3
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 pm And there are travels missed all over the place but there was a big one not called on Kawhi with under a minute left in the game.
I'm in the minority I don't think that was a travel. Looked awkward but he took 2 steps and then let go of the ball before 3rd step.

The NBA will never call that unless he took that 3rd step.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:24 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 pm And there are travels missed all over the place but there was a big one not called on Kawhi with under a minute left in the game.
The NBA will never call that.
FYP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJvEwWZhZTk

I can't find it now, but there was a "We Are the World"-like spoof music video about not calling traveling in the NBA (I believe that was in the late '80's!!)
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

It definitely looked like the ball didn't clear the cylinder on the offensive goaltending call in at least 2 of the angles. I agree the rule needs changing but I think they actually got that call right.