So...Alex Acosta...

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: So...Alex Acosta...

Post by jhawks99 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:42 pm Are those the twins from the Shining?
That was the 1st thing I thought of.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

not cute kids
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:21 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:42 pm Are those the twins from the Shining?
That was the 1st thing I thought of.
^^^
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Acosta steps down
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:31 am Acosta steps down
I prefer thrown under the bus.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

What an empathetic guy: “He’s Hispanic, which I so admire, because maybe it was a little tougher for him.”

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/ ... 7611492353
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

I am going to pull a lobster here and say I am convinced the American people are being had and Donald Trump being elected and serving as President is greatest prank ever pulled. I say both kudos to and shame on those responsible.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Feral wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:51 pm What an empathetic guy: “He’s Hispanic, which I so admire, because maybe it was a little tougher for him.”

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/ ... 7611492353
He has a point. The world is tough for Hispanics - especially if you're locked in a cage.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Paul1 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:53 pm I am going to pull a lobster here and say I am convinced the American people are being had and Donald Trump being elected and serving as President is greatest prank ever pulled. I say both kudos to and shame on those responsible.
Everyone in the media tried their hardest to stop Trump from winning and he still won, because of the internet and the freedom of communication it allows. To this day, I don't really think Trump was expecting to the win the election, and he was caught a bit off guard when it happened. When you squeeze people in this country for too long, eventually they are going to do desperate things.

The bigger story right now is that it's looking really bad for Clinton and Trump with this Epstein case. If one of them is exposed, both of them will be. This could be huge if the truth actually gets out. Clinton was on Epstein's jet at least 26 times, some of them with underage girls. Trump had a private party with Epstein where 28 "women" were there as some kind of "calendar contest." Back in 2016, there was a case against Trump accusing him of raping a 13-year old girl at that party. It was reported right before the election, so many dismissed it as being false. The woman claimed she was threatened with death threats. Are these stories true? No one knows yet, but it's not looking good for both Clinton and Trump. A person will not fly to private island 20+ times, some of them secretly without something really appealing on the other end. A party where there's two billionaires and 28 girls is not something where you would expect nothing inappropriate.

BTW, it's been out there on Youtube for years that Clinton and Trump were involved with this Epstein guy. Oh but wait, we cannot accept it as true because it's on youtube. Conspiracy! Being in video format is not peer-reviewed so it cannot be true.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fZ2OMMaYJ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ro_YDhB13c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4jV9kiUELs
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

RT America is an American pay television news channel based in Washington, D.C. which is part of the RT network, a global multilingual television news network based in Moscow, Russia, funded by the Russian government.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Geezer wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:40 pm RT America is an American pay television news channel based in Washington, D.C. which is part of the RT network, a global multilingual television news network based in Moscow, Russia, funded by the Russian government.
Don't do that. Lobster is on another impressive path to internet immortality.
Deleted User 104

Geezer wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:40 pm RT America is an American pay television news channel based in Washington, D.C. which is part of the RT network, a global multilingual television news network based in Moscow, Russia, funded by the Russian government.
LOL -- So you're dismissing my claims based on the fact that my source is funded by Russia? I was aware of that before I posted those videos. Doesn't have anything to do with weather or not Clinton committed a crime. You know, there's been talk about this several years ago from several non-Russian sources as well. You're allowing your bias to the left to try to see Clinton as innocent rather than trying to look at the reality. Sad that you're at the age you are and you still haven't learned how to attempt see things for how they are. Let go of your "team."

In regards to Epstein, I'm doubtful most of the truth is going to come out. The FBI has raided the photos that Epstein had in my NYC apartment, which apparently shows some "famous" people in the photos. If the photos really do contain Clinton and Trump, I doubt they'll allow it in the public -- it would be too crushing. And then there's also the possibility that people in the FBI and our own government might have photos of themselves with those girls. However, Epstein is a billionaire and he couldn't buy himself out of this one, but he also wasn't as powerful as Trump or Clinton.
Deleted User 104

Here Geezer, a very liberal, leftist source, the NY Times even confirms the report about Clinton flying 26 times with Epstein.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/nyre ... stein.html
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

lobster wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:12 pm
Paul1 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:53 pm I am going to pull a lobster here and say I am convinced the American people are being had and Donald Trump being elected and serving as President is greatest prank ever pulled. I say both kudos to and shame on those responsible.
Everyone in the media tried their hardest to stop Trump from winning and he still won, because of the internet and the freedom of communication it allows. To this day, I don't really think Trump was expecting to the win the election, and he was caught a bit off guard when it happened. When you squeeze people in this country for too long, eventually they are going to do desperate things.

The bigger story right now is that it's looking really bad for Clinton and Trump with this Epstein case. If one of them is exposed, both of them will be. This could be huge if the truth actually gets out. Clinton was on Epstein's jet at least 26 times, some of them with underage girls. Trump had a private party with Epstein where 28 "women" were there as some kind of "calendar contest." Back in 2016, there was a case against Trump accusing him of raping a 13-year old girl at that party. It was reported right before the election, so many dismissed it as being false. The woman claimed she was threatened with death threats. Are these stories true? No one knows yet, but it's not looking good for both Clinton and Trump. A person will not fly to private island 20+ times, some of them secretly without something really appealing on the other end. A party where there's two billionaires and 28 girls is not something where you would expect nothing inappropriate.

BTW, it's been out there on Youtube for years that Clinton and Trump were involved with this Epstein guy. Oh but wait, we cannot accept it as true because it's on youtube. Conspiracy! Being in video format is not peer-reviewed so it cannot be true.
Time to appease you.

1) "EVERYONE in the media".
* So you discount/ignore/don't accept Fox and other right leaning news sources as being "media"?

2) "and he still won, because of the internet and the freedom of communication it allows".
* I thought he won "because" people voted for him and the Electoral College were basically the determining factor/s in his becoming President.

3) "To this day, I don't really think Trump was expecting to the win the election, and he was caught a bit off guard when it happened".
* That's a "conspiracy theory" I MIGHT actually be on board with but I am going to lean the other way.

4) "When you squeeze people in this country for too long, eventually they are going to do desperate things".
* So are you saying people were desperate that voted for Trump? I'm wondering how less desperate they are today and what made them so desperate before they voted for Trump.

5) "The bigger story right now is that it's looking really bad for Clinton and Trump with this Epstein case. If one of them is exposed, both of them will be. This could be huge if the truth actually gets out".
* It's already huge and there is no denying both Donny and Billy were associated with Epscum. In what capacities? We may never know. If you're implying they were involved and aided Epscum in "child sex trafficking" - then I hope they both go to jail for the rest of their lives. If they simply had knowledge but in no way were participants in any manner, nothing anyone can do other than say they are both assholes - if they so choose.

6) Clinton was on Epstein's jet at least 26 times, some of them with underage girls. Trump had a private party with Epstein where 28 "women" were there as some kind of "calendar contest."
* Not sure if this is factual or hearsay. Either way, neither are illegal. I have been on an airplane ("public" and "private" with underage girls. Hopefully never on a private airplane with someone who has done anything such as Epstein has been accused of but my guess is in my couple of hundred flights on a public I public airplane there was at least one person who has been accused of and even guilty of a heinous crime. Am I guilty of anything because I was on an airplane with them?
If Trump simply had a "calendar contest" and no one was forced to do anything against their will, everyone was of legal age, and nothing "illegal" took place - it might be morally questionable but as people say, boys will be boys.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be at all surprised if in both cases there was scummy illegal activities taking place but I'm somewhat biased in my thinking.

7) "Back in 2016, there was a case against Trump accusing him of raping a 13-year old girl at that party. It was reported right before the election, so many dismissed it as being false. The woman claimed she was threatened with death threats". Are these stories true? No one knows yet".
* "No one knows" if the story/stories are true? I know at least 2 people who know if it's true.
The not so funny thing is if it's possible to NOT believe two people telling two different stories about the same alleged incident - then I am someone who doesn't believe either of them. One of the two of them (if not both) is lying.

8) "but it's not looking good for both Clinton and Trump. A person will not fly to private island 20+ times, some of them secretly without something really appealing on the other end. A party where there's two billionaires and 28 girls is not something where you would expect nothing inappropriate".
* I agree it's not looking "good" but I'm not so sure it's looking as "bad" as some would like to believe.
What is/was "appealing" flying on a private jet to a private island other than not having to go through airport security and being on what I assume is a very nice private island? What is "illegal" about flying on a private jet and being on a private island?
As far as a party with 2 billionaires and 28 "girls", you are making an assumption. I have attended a party (more than 1) with 2 (and/or more) billionaires and 28 (and/or more) girls/women.
If "inappropriate" is defined as "sex" taking place - nothing inappropriate took place.
That's not to say you might not be so wrong to ASSUME there was some "inappropriate behavior taking taking place" - just as you might not be so wrong to ASSUME if Trump and Epstein were at a party with 28 women there MIGHT have been some "inappropriate" behavior taking place.

9) "BTW, it's been out there on Youtube for years that Clinton and Trump were involved with this Epstein guy. Oh but wait, we cannot accept it as true because it's on youtube. Conspiracy! Being in video format is not peer-reviewed so it cannot be true".
* Youtube or not, people have known that Clinton and Trump have been "involved" with Epscum.
What people can and often do on Youtube is provide factual "information"/"evidence", provide manipulative and persuasive "information/evidence", and in some/many cases - provide straight out lies.
It's up to us to determine what is a fact, what is a maybe, and what is a lie.
Unfortunately way too many people can't differentiate between the 3.

Hey Jeeper - Can I get a JFC?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I have no doubt Bill Clinton played the game.

If he goes down as collateral damage, that is how it is supposed to work.

I assume the Evangelicals are working up thier "he was tempted by the devil, but has since been purified by the loving light of Jesus" speeches for when Trump becomes ensnared in this.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The truth has come out on numerous unsavory actions regarding Trump and it has made no dent in his base at all. Why would this be any different? His base will never leave him; they are convinced that he represents them.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

And your point would be? Other than trying to excuse Trump?

Bill Clinton was president 20 years ago--he has no power over any of us or our lives. Donald Trump is the guy currently living out the 1920s with his tariff policies, sadistically putting children in cages, trying to destroy NATO and alienating all our allies, cozying up to dictators, allowing Putin to order him to create U.S. policy that is favorable only to Russia.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

seahawk wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:29 pm
Bill Clinton was president 20 years ago--he has no power over any of us or our lives.
Clearly you underestimate the amount of space the Clintons occupy in the heads of Trumpalos.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:39 pm
seahawk wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:29 pm
Bill Clinton was president 20 years ago--he has no power over any of us or our lives.
Clearly you underestimate the amount of space the Clintons occupy in the heads of Trumpalos.
And vice versa
Just Ledoux it