So...Alex Acosta...

Ugh.
Deleted User 266

Re: So...Alex Acosta...

Post by Deleted User 266 »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:08 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:39 am small portion?

as of July 31, the president is enjoying an 88% approval rating among Republicans.

or as the president so humbly puts it, an "all-time record" high job approval.

so don't go telling ol' Donny John about any small hands, I mean small portion.
I dont think that is a representative number of people who would approve of trump if he is tied to and/or accused of child molestation. Let's be real. Nobody supports that. But, keep twisting things to fit your narrative. Let's use a theoretical "if tweet" and "prove it" with an approval rating that has nothing to do with said situation. Throw in a YouTube video and you and lobs can discuss over some jiffy pop.
Hopefully nobody "supports" child molestation but unfortunately plenty probably ignore it.
Just as all of Trump's supporters choose to ignore the despicable things that he does - that they would instantly and happily chastise Dems for if they did them.
Please feel free to tell us if you would swear on a Bible that you truly disagree with me.
Deleted User 276

Post by Deleted User 276 »

as of July 31, the president is enjoying an 88% approval rating among Republicans.

JFC

I doubt that poll result was 88% approve of him being involved in child sex rings.

There's a difference. A giant difference. But don't let that stop your circle jerk of over the top comments and fake ass outrage. This is why it's awfully hard for me to get behind dems or take anything they say at face value. It's all so dramatic and fake.
Deleted User 276

I dont think that is a representative number of people who would approve of trump if he is tied to and/or accused of child molestation. Let's be real. Nobody supports that. But, keep twisting things to fit your narrative. Let's use a theoretical "if tweet" and "prove it" with an approval rating that has nothing to do with said situation. Throw in a YouTube video and you and lobs can discuss over some jiffy pop.
Well said. My god its so disingenious.

My guess is more than half the people who voted for Trump can't fucking stand him. But that's how a 2 choice system works.
Deleted User 276

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:27 am My fault I engaged. Your holier than thou sphere of confidence provides an endless defense in your chase of truth and justice. Discussion be damned. Keep up the good fight.
Self righteousness is at an all time high. Meaningful discussion is at an all time low.

Dems are going to lose again and this is exactly why.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:36 am

My guess is more than half the people who voted for Trump can't fucking stand him. But that's how a 2 choice system works.
So if Trump supporters wouldn’t approve of child molestation, would they still condone it? When so many trump supporters dismiss so many other accusations as “fake news,” what would be different about this?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:38 am
TDub wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:27 am My fault I engaged. Your holier than thou sphere of confidence provides an endless defense in your chase of truth and justice. Discussion be damned. Keep up the good fight.
Self righteousness is at an all time high. Meaningful discussion is at an all time low.

Can we please have a meaningful discussion?

At what point does “fake ass outrage” become genuinely merited concern?
Deleted User 276

ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:44 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:36 am

So if Trump supporters wouldn’t approve of child molestation, would they still condone it? When so many trump supporters dismiss so many other accusations as “fake news,” what would be different about this?
How many trump supporters do you actually interact with daily in person?

My guess is none. Not enough to be an expert on "so many" trump supporters opinions/thoughts/feelings.

You watch fox news and then attribute their over the top BS to all republicans. You sound silly.
Deleted User 276

ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:45 am

Lulz. Let's be real. You don't give a shit either way. You just want to tell republicans how bad of people they are for not supporting the shitty candidate that the dems ran against trump.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:56 am

Lulz. Let's be real. You don't give a shit either way. You just want to tell republicans how bad of people they are for not supporting the shitty candidate that the dems ran against trump.
So shitty she got 3 million more votes than the Pussygrabber in Chief.

Good point.
Deleted User 276

Popular vote smack talk.

Good point! Good post!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:56 am

Let’s be real! I at least give a shit enough to make some attempt at discussion on a message bored. Yet now I suddenly must defend myself against accusations that I just want to tell republicans how bad of people they are for not supporting the shitty candidate that the dems ran...where in the world did I say that?

You sure you aren’t putting words in my mouth? Difficult have a discussion when I’m up against that.

And if I may ask again, for the sake of discussion, where do you draw the line between fake ass outrage and merited concern?
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:25 am Popular vote smack talk.

Good point! Good post!
His FACTUAL "popular vote smack talk" was in response to your "shitty candidate that the dems ran against trump" "smack talk".

It was a good point, a good post, and I say good for him, for his responding in the manner in which he did.
You posted something for attention, you got it, then you became snide and seemingly sarcastic in response to his post.
Go figure?

Here is one for you to respond to....
Trump is a piece of crap and those who continue to support him and his ways are assholes.
Have fun with that.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

So, a story from Rick Wilson and his collaborator, Molly-Jong Faste about Hillary up to her usual ways, this time with Epstein.

Don't inject Lysol.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Paul1 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:58 am

Good point! Good post!
His FACTUAL "popular vote smack talk" was in response to your "shitty candidate that the dems ran against trump" "smack talk".

It was a good point, a good post, and I say good for him, for his responding in the manner in which he did.
You posted something for attention, you got it, then you became snide and seemingly sarcastic in response to his post.
Go figure?

Trump is a piece of crap and those who continue to support him and his ways are assholes.
Have fun with that.
It's the best he's got. Not surprising.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i don’t think anyone woulda been cool with grabbing em in the pussy either, yet here we are
Deleted User 276

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:14 am

i don’t think anyone woulda been cool with grabbing em in the pussy either, yet here we are
I've heard very few people say they're actually OK with him speaking like that about women....it just wasn't enough to make them vote for Hillary over Trump.

This really isn't that difficult. Most republicans aren't the ridiculous trump supporters that think he can do no wrong. That's a very small % of the right leaning people in our country.

But carry on. We know how shit goes on this portion of this message board.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

He has already been "tied to and/or accused of child molestation" in recent years yet still enjoys that huge GOP support.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think, generally, Trump's high approval rating among Republicans has to do with two things: (1) a growing number of folks who would prefer to simply not identify any longer as Republicans (raises hand), and (2) a realization among those who still so identify that there is a limited period of time remaining in which to advance their policy agenda, and that when (please god, "when") this fever breaks, things are going to swing around pretty harshly.
Deleted User 276

Good point! Good post!

Go figure?

Have fun with that.
I've seen very few people on here who actually support trump and his antics...maybe 2 or 3 of the obvious suspects. Max. I've never seen the moderate/reasonable republicans on here justify or defend any of his shitty behavior.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:24 am

Good point! Good post!

Go figure?

Have fun with that.
I've seen very few people on here who actually support trump and his antics...maybe 2 or 3 of the obvious suspects. Max. I've never seen the moderate/reasonable republicans on here justify or defend any of his shitty behavior.
Ignoring his appalling behavior has the same impact. I am surrounded by Republicans every day. I can't tell you how many times I have heard "I dont care what he says, I am glad we have added so many conservative judges" spoken at our lunch table.