Re: So...Alex Acosta...

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Honest question - if a crime is committed in a federal prison (or detention facility), is there state/local jurisdiction? Can New York State investigate/prosecute? Would a federal pardon control?
Deleted User 276

Post by Deleted User 276 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:31 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:24 am
Paul1 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:58 am

His FACTUAL "popular vote smack talk" was in response to your "shitty candidate that the dems ran against trump" "smack talk".

It was a good point, a good post, and I say good for him, for his responding in the manner in which he did.
You posted something for attention, you got it, then you became snide and seemingly sarcastic in response to his post.
Go figure?

Here is one for you to respond to....
Trump is a piece of crap and those who continue to support him and his ways are assholes.
Have fun with that.
I've seen very few people on here who actually support trump and his antics...maybe 2 or 3 of the obvious suspects. Max. I've never seen the moderate/reasonable republicans on here justify or defend any of his shitty behavior.
Ignoring his appalling behavior has the same impact. I am surrounded by Republicans every day. I can't tell you how many times I have heard "I dont care what he says, I am glad we have added so many conservative judges" spoken at our lunch table.
That's their choice. That isn't the same as approving of child molestation.

It's okay to have different priorities. People aren't always going to prioritize things similarly.

I'm disgusted by trump, but I'm still glad it's him in there and not hillary. No matter how loudly you scream it, that doesn't make me a bad person.

And if the criteria in 2019 for being a bad person is simply not voting for Democrats then that's a pretty sad list of criteria...but the extreme right and extreme left aren't very tolerant of differing opinions/ideas nowadays. Oh well. I interact daily with dems and Republicans and real life doesn't mirror the attitudes displayed on message boards or on political TV talk shows. Things aren't bad in my daily life. Left and right are living together in peace around my parts.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i’ll call you a bad person, or at least un-patriotic, if you’re willing to hold your breath about all the bad things about the current president, just so you can get a handful of policies...indifference towards his behavior and words, in the name of winning...congratulations to illy, imz, and whomever else wants to jump in their boat.

the second quote in my sig is more apt now than ever.
Deleted User 276

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:00 pm i’ll call you a bad person, or at least un-patriotic, if you’re willing to hold your breath about all the bad things about the current president, just so you can get a handful of policies...indifference towards his behavior and words, in the name of winning...congratulations to illy, imz, and whomever else wants to jump in their boat.

the second quote in my sig is more apt now than ever.
Who is holding their breath?

I'll only speak for myself, but I am not silent about the dumb/terrible/etc things trump says and does. This liberal echo chamber isn't real life. You're not making a difference in the real world by bitching about trump on this messageboard...so just because I don't join the online circle jerk you libs have on here ALL DAY EVERYDAY doesn't mean I don't speak out in real life (where it ACTUALLY matters).

Some of you seem to consider anyone and everyone who doesn't mimic your every thought and word about trump as "being silent" or being a bad person or unpatriotic. Which is ridiculous....and the fact you threw me into the far right category of posters is a prime example of the frenzy you're in.
Deleted User 276

For reference:

I didn't vote for trump.

I would have voted for any dem other than Hillary over trump.

instead i opted to waste my vote on someone who wasn't going to win because I couldn't stomach voting for either of those ass clowns.

In the next election I will vote for whoever the dems run against trump most likely as long as it's not Beto (or maybe Elizabeth Warren)...I'll just waste my vote again, because I won't vote for trump.

Hopefully then I can stop being a bad person and maybe we can stop being so incredibly divided and rude to strangers who we probably have very similar views on 90% of topics.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:38 am Honest question - if a crime is committed in a federal prison (or detention facility), is there state/local jurisdiction? Can New York State investigate/prosecute? Would a federal pardon control?
Isn’t this exactly the kind of question for which the bored keeps you on retainer?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:38 am Honest question - if a crime is committed in a federal prison (or detention facility), is there state/local jurisdiction? Can New York State investigate/prosecute? Would a federal pardon control?
Crimes committed in Washington DC, a US Nationak Park, a federal courthouse or a federal prison are under the jurisdiction of the federal government.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:48 pm
Isn’t this exactly the kind of question for which the bored keeps you on retainer?
My level of knowledge is, here, commensurate with the retainer in place.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

There was a list of people who Epstein blackmailed with video of their crimes. He would force them to "invest" into his hedge fund. If they would release the names of all the people who "invested" into this fund, you'd find the people who were guilty.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:31 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:24 am
Paul1 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:58 am

His FACTUAL "popular vote smack talk" was in response to your "shitty candidate that the dems ran against trump" "smack talk".

It was a good point, a good post, and I say good for him, for his responding in the manner in which he did.
You posted something for attention, you got it, then you became snide and seemingly sarcastic in response to his post.
Go figure?

Here is one for you to respond to....
Trump is a piece of crap and those who continue to support him and his ways are assholes.
Have fun with that.
I've seen very few people on here who actually support trump and his antics...maybe 2 or 3 of the obvious suspects. Max. I've never seen the moderate/reasonable republicans on here justify or defend any of his shitty behavior.
Ignoring his appalling behavior has the same impact. I am surrounded by Republicans every day. I can't tell you how many times I have heard "I dont care what he says, I am glad we have added so many conservative judges" spoken at our lunch table.
My mother-in-law excused the "pussy-grabbing" video as "locker room talk. Girls are worse than guys."

What followed was a steady flow of emails of how Trump was going to save the country, you know, because he's a business man, draining swamp, outsider, blah-blah-blah.

Oh, and Illinois - just check out the approval numbers for Trump amongst Republicans.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I hope somebody Jeffrey dahmer broomsticked him before they murdered, oops, before he commited suicide.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Too funny.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

This isn’t Russia, Danny.

Is this Russia?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ation.html

Epstein Autopsy Reportedly Shows Broken Neck Bones More Consistent With Homicide Than Suicide
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i heard on nbc (don’t judge, i watch it for the weather woman ;) ) this morning that such injuries occur 1/3 of the time with homicide, and 1/4 of the time with suicide

to me, 8% is not all that big of a difference

i’m not saying there isn’t something fishy, but i’m also not overwhelmingly compelled by this detail from the autopsy
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

There's been too much fishiness for this to just be a suicide. Someone reported hearing him scream before he died. The guards were "asleep" or "ignored" the logs. Then you consider the fact that he had dirt on millionaires, I don't see how it could have been a suicide. I think his last real hope was to get house arrest so he could leave America and hide somewhere overseas. Thankfully that didn't happen.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

lobster wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:59 pmI think his last real hope was to get house arrest so he could leave America and hide somewhere overseas. Thankfully that didn't happen.
That wouldn't seem like a motive for suicide?
Don't inject Lysol.