2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

F the Bears!
I sat next to the "President" and "CEO" of the team. I sat with the former Mayor. I sat with a former Bears TE. I didn't hold back one second in voicing my feelings during the game.
Got to the point where I admit I lacked the balls to do it but I did offer someone $100 to tell Phillips that trading up to the number 2 spot so they could draft Trubisky was and still is worthy of multiple people losing their jobs - including Phillips.
That was a horse crap performance by Trubisky, Nagy, and Helfrich.
Granted, the Bears played without their 2nd best receiver and their starting TE and I do believe it made a difference. Enough that it was the difference between a W and an L? Maybe, but I am going to lay the blame on Nagy, Helfrich, and Trubisky. Inexcusable.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

At least Double Doink hit his only attempt. So there's that.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"I sat next to the "President" and "CEO" of the team. I sat with the former Mayor. I sat with a former Bears TE. I didn't hold back one second in voicing my feelings during the game."

KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

It's ok, he put it in quotes.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Paul1 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:59 am F the Bears!
I sat next to the "President" and "CEO" of the team. I sat with the former Mayor. I sat with a former Bears TE. I didn't hold back one second in voicing my feelings during the game.
Got to the point where I admit I lacked the balls to do it but I did offer someone $100 to tell Phillips that trading up to the number 2 spot so they could draft Trubisky was and still is worthy of multiple people losing their jobs - including Phillips.
Granted, the Bears played without their 2nd best receiver and their starting TE and I do believe it made a difference. Enough that it was the difference between a W and an L? Maybe, but I am going to lay the blame on Nagy, Helfrich, and Trubisky. Inexcusable.
They lost by 7 to a team some are picking to make or win the Super Bowl so it's not quite time to fire everyone.
Deleted User 266

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:29 am At least Double Doink hit his only attempt. So there's that.
Double doink is probably bagging groceries these days.
It's a new kicker and the fact that Nagy didn't trust him to try and kick a 50 yarder speaks volumes.
Deleted User 266

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:04 am
They lost by 7 to a team some are picking to make or win the Super Bowl so it's not quite time to fire everyone.
Some are picking the Bears to make or win the Super Bowl.
The Bears offense was absolute horse shit last night and Trubisky had a lot to do with that. This is the guy they traded up to get #2. He is now in his 3rd season and still looks like a rookie.
Doesn't understand how to check off a receiver? Come on! This guy was drafted to be an "elite" QB and if I was a GM I would be hesitant to sign him as my backup.
Management deserves ridicule for drafting/trading/signing the incompetent personnel - and the coaching staff deserves ridicule for being ill prepared last night.
This isn't Kansas football we're talking about.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:04 am
Wut? The Packers are not good. Have not been for awhile.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bears 5th favorite for Super Bowl.
Packers 11th.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Back to Mitch--I really think the Bears messed up this draft pick.

This is bad stuff. You can tell as soon as the ball is snapped that it's zone coverage and Mitch still throws it over the top to the one place that it's a sure INT. It's like leaving a $100 bill on the ground in Times Square and wondering why someone else picked it up.

It's a high school read.

https://twitter.com/MattBowen41/status/ ... 01921?s=20
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Trubisky: 26-for-45, 228 yards, INT.

I think a bigger problem than Trubisky is 45 passes vs. 15 rushes - 46 yards.

You've got the ball inside the Green Bay 40, down 7 at home in the final two minutes - all timeouts plus the two-minute warning. And you don't run the ball at all.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I really wanted the Chiefs to draft Montgomery.
He should have gotten the ball more.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trubisky was a statue. It was jarring seeing Dayne Crist Throw a game in Northern Illinois again.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tyreek Hill extended.
3 years/54 million.
Including guarantees makes him the 3rd highest paid WR behind Odell and Michael Thomas.

The NFL dropped the ball in not suspending him games.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Surprised he didn’t get more years. This makes him a FA again going into his Age 29 season. If I were the Chiefs I would have preferred a 5 year deal.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Something about W/Rs makes me leery of long contracts. There are Risons for this. And helmet issues.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Brown will now play week 1 for Raiders
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:59 am Surprised he didn’t get more years. This makes him a FA again going into his Age 29 season. If I were the Chiefs I would have preferred a 5 year deal.
Lesson for today kids: being an asshole can cost you millions.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:55 pm Brown will now play week 1 for Raiders
Shocked. Not really, it's the raiders.
Defense. Rebounds.