2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Eh. Kirk's critics were unfair last season. Very fair this season.

The offensive line is a huge issue. I don't know that there is anyone that can look good with the line issues Vikes have had.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Broncos blow it at home.
0-4?
Flacco experiment last the season?
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

While watching the game today, I saw the Lions looking like they had the game won with 2:38 or whatever it was to go. That's an eternity of time for the best QB (aside from Brady) and an outstanding offensive line. I was nervous when it was 4th and 8, but the Mahomes runs the perfect play for that situation. Haven't seen an athlete this amazing in KC since Bo Jackson.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:27 pm Has there been a more impressive FA bust than Kirk Cousins...maybe Albert Haynesworth?
Maybe AB. Or wasn't he considered a FA?
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Will the members of the '72 Dolphins all get together and drink pisswater if they go 0-16?
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:41 pm While watching the game today, I saw the Lions looking like they had the game won with 2:38 or whatever it was to go. That's an eternity of time for the best QB (aside from Brady) and an outstanding offensive line. I was nervous when it was 4th and 8, but the Mahomes runs the perfect play for that situation. Haven't seen an athlete this amazing in KC since Bo Jackson.
Also saw once again that the Chiefs’ defense is garbage. Can’t rely on Mahomes to work miracles every game.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:54 pm
lobster wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:41 pm While watching the game today, I saw the Lions looking like they had the game won with 2:38 or whatever it was to go. That's an eternity of time for the best QB (aside from Brady) and an outstanding offensive line. I was nervous when it was 4th and 8, but the Mahomes runs the perfect play for that situation. Haven't seen an athlete this amazing in KC since Bo Jackson.
Also saw once again that the Chiefs’ defense is garbage. Can’t rely on Mahomes to work miracles every game.
Got within a coin flip of the Super Bowl last year.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Yeah, that's definitely our biggest weakness, but at least it's not as bad as it was in 2003. Remember that season? That one hurt the worst.

Also, I'll take this team over any of those Herm Edwards teams. Those years were the worst.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:01 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:51 pmwhat looks like a serious contender in the NFC.
Everything you wrote was correct until this.
Who else? The Cowboys, who just lost at the Saints vs their backup QB that failed to score a single TD? The Rams, who lost to Tampa? The Packers, who lost to a banged up Eagles team?

No one in the NFC is amazing. The only serious issue I see from Detroit is if Stafford gets banged up badly enough that he is a problem.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

pdub wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:18 pm Broncos blow it at home.
0-4?
Having drafted Lock, Flacco experiment would only be lasting as long as playoff hopes remained.

More interesting story is going to be watching how media starts (or doesn’t) start calling for Elway’s head.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:18 pm Broncos blow it at home.
0-4?
It lasts until Lock is healthy and ready to play.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:22 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:51 pmwhat looks like a serious contender in the NFC.
Who else? The Cowboys, who just lost at the Saints vs their backup QB that failed to score a single TD? The Rams, who lost to Tampa? The Packers, who lost to a banged up Eagles team?

No one in the NFC is amazing. The only serious issue I see from Detroit is if Stafford gets banged up badly enough that he is a problem.
Funny how you mention the Cowboys, Packers, and Rams losses to .500 teams but you don't mention the Lions tied a horse shit 0-3-1 Cardinals team.
Who else is a "serious contender" in the NFC?
Right now I would say the Cowboys, Packers, Bears, Saints, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams, Eagles, and Vikings are also "serious contenders". Heck, I might add the Buccs and Panthers to the list too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Apparently the Jags turned down 2 1st rounders from a contending team for Ramsey.
Wonder if the team was the Chiefs?
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Probably was the Chiefs. I'm curious as to what/who else the Jags feel they are they going to get for him.

https://nesn.com/2019/09/jalen-ramsey-r ... r-star-cb/
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The North is a bunch of 7-10 win teams with Detroit being the least talented. They are more likely to finish 4th in the division, and probably will, than they are to make the playoffs.

Getting a team's, what, C- game, and still losing at home is not the mark of a contender. It signals a bad team. It's the same reason they played the winless Cards to a draw and finished 6-10 and in last place with the same roster and coach a year ago.

Yesterday told us what we already knew: the Chiefs are good, the Lions are not.

Agree that there is more parity in the NFC, though. AFC has the 2 best teams, the NFC might have the next best 3 or so.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Paul1 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:13 am Probably was the Chiefs. I'm curious as to what/who else the Jags feel they are they going to get for him.

https://nesn.com/2019/09/jalen-ramsey-r ... r-star-cb/
At this point, it's all a bunch of posturing from every party involved. He'll be traded before the deadline.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

lobster wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:21 pm
Yeah, that's definitely our biggest weakness, but at least it's not as bad as it was in 2003. Remember that season? That one hurt the worst.

Also, I'll take this team over any of those Herm Edwards teams. Those years were the worst.
Hey, remember, not all of Mozart's paintings were beautiful.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:55 am Apparently the Jags turned down 2 1st rounders from a contending team for Ramsey.
Wonder if the team was the Chiefs?
Chris Mortenson said they turned down a 1st and a 2nd from the Eagles.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:37 am

The North is a bunch of 7-10 win teams with Detroit being the least talented. They are more likely to finish 4th in the division, and probably will, than they are to make the playoffs.

Getting a team's, what, C- game, and still losing at home is not the mark of a contender. It signals a bad team. It's the same reason they played the winless Cards to a draw and finished 6-10 and in last place with the same roster and coach a year ago.

Yesterday told us what we already knew: the Chiefs are good, the Lions are not.

Agree that there is more parity in the NFC, though. AFC has the 2 best teams, the NFC might have the next best 3 or so.
Trubisky is going to be out for a while. And with him the Bears offense was kinda junk. The Vikings offense, and specifically their QB, look like junk. And the Packers offense looks kinda junky. Lots of "good D, sucky O" teams in that division.

Not sure how you come out of yesterday thinking the Lions arent good. Them not beating the Chiefs C game doesn't mean that they arent good. It looked more like the fact that the Chiefs just still have the ability to have bursts of their A game over the course of a C game and that is enough to beat a good team. Not Patriots good, but everyone else good.

Detroit just had some bad luck at pivotal times and were inches away from blowing KC's doors off. With all the other issues in the NFC North, I wouldn't be surprised to see Detroit do well.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Paul1 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:35 am

Funny how you mention the Cowboys, Packers, and Rams losses to .500 teams but you don't mention the Lions tied a horse shit 0-3-1 Cardinals team.
Who else is a "serious contender" in the NFC?
Right now I would say the Cowboys, Packers, Bears, Saints, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams, Eagles, and Vikings are also "serious contenders". Heck, I might add the Buccs and Panthers to the list too.
You just listed every single NFC team with more than 1 win (except Detroit) through 4 weeks. Way to go out on a limb.