Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Deleted User 286

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 286 »

Feral wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:34 pm Full disclosure: I/you/we can't keep up:

To me, a few of those are sort of fake news by twisting the words a bit....but we've gone down that path and nobody is changing their mind.

Several (most) are not. He's done plenty to deserve the criticism he receives.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:32 pm

To me, a few of those are sort of fake news by twisting the words a bit....but we've gone down that path and nobody is changing their mind.

Indulge us by pointing out the ones that are "fake news". No doubt, I could learn a lot.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 286

Feral wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:52 pm

Indulge us by pointing out the ones that are "fake news". No doubt, I could learn a lot.
God, I'll regret this I'm sure....but when he said "there's fine people on both sides" his dumbass wasn't saying neo-nazis and antifa are very fine people, to me it seemed he was clearly referencing there are fine people on both sides of the argument about removing the monuments, but he doesn't think before he speaks so it sounds pretty awful when it's following someone getting run over by a car.

I also didn't really consider his comments to mean ALL Mexicans are rapists, because he didn't say ALL the illegals crossing were rapists, BUT he did absolutely say illegal immigrants crossing were rapists and criminals (and some are) and while he didn't say ALL, he also didn't say that some are NOT rapists or criminals and are normal respectable people who are fleeing a terrible situation (which is MOST, probably 99.9% of the illegal immigrants who cross our borders illegally)....but again he's dumb, and was trying to scare people.

There are definitely illegal immigrants who commit rape and crimes...there are citizens who do those same things.....the majority of both groups do NOT do those things, and it's ignorant to portray it any other way.

I don't like trump. I won't defend his words because he should take the time to speak less reckless and he doesn't. So fuck him. He deserves whatever criticism you throw his way, even if some makes me roll my eyes a bit because I think it's taking words a little bit (but not totally) out of context, but ONLY in a few of those situations. The rest I'm 100% with you.

I don't want to start a shitstorm with you. Just wanted to respond respectfully and try to help explain what I meant.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Unite the Right demonstration in Charlottesville had nothing to do with monuments.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:27 pm Unite the Right demonstration in Charlottesville had nothing to do with monuments.
According to them it did. For whatever that's worth.
Deleted User 286

Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:27 pm Unite the Right demonstration in Charlottesville had nothing to do with monuments.
There were non neo nazis/unite the right there protesting the monuments being removed....but totally agree, the unite the right rally was there for 1 thing for sure and that's to clash with antifa. I am with you that I don't think unite the right truly was there simply to protest removal of monuments.

There were also non antifa people there on the other side of the argument who wanted them removed.

It wasn't ALL unite the right neo nazis and Antifa.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Did you watch the videos? Other than his father, the most influential person in his life was Roy Cohn. Do yourself a favor and do a little research before just spouting off.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... s-remarks/
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Also, read the whole thread.

Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Clarence Thomas.
Deleted User 286

Doesn't make it any better that trump said it.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Leawood wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:36 pmClarence Thomas.
Yes. And?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:36 pm Doesn't make it any better that trump said it.
Which, of course, was never the point. You should learn when to say thank you and then shut up.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

"When two men say they are Jesus one of them must be wrong"

Which one is lying - You Make The Call

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mitch-mc ... fcc323f559

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said he doesn’t recall any conversations with President Donald Trump about the Ukraine phone call ― contrary to the president’s claim that McConnell had said the call was completely “innocent.”

Personally, I think McConnell may be a lot of vile things but liar is not generally one of them. He is one of the most straight-up scoundrels on the planet. He goes to extraordinary lengths to make sure that everyone recognizes the fact that he is scoundrel at every turn.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Use of lynching was just another diversion.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:51 pm Use of lynching was just another diversion.
Then and now.

The typically hysterical and poorly informed over-reaction, however, is, was, and ever shall be worth the price of admission.
Deleted User 286

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:41 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:36 pm Doesn't make it any better that trump said it.
Which, of course, was never the point. You should learn when to say thank you and then shut up.
I didn't see your other posts.

Thank you.

(Shutting up)
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Illi, excellent reply. Thanks.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor