Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by DCHawk1 »

OK. But his history -- particularly with respect to race and ridiculously exaggerated rhetoric -- is very Trumpian. If the argument is that "history" is the reason that Trump's comments are different than the Democrats' EXACT SAME comments, then Biden tends to blow that argument out of the water.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:17 am Wow, defending Trump's comments about Charlottesville--a new low for those who routinely defend/deflect Trump's statements. But defending/deflecting his scurrilous throwback to his KKK origins, really sad.
Did Illy do that?
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Biden's history on race: What year? Were you of the one's that constantly brought up Robert Byrd's association with the KKK generations ago as being applicable now or at least when he died?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

What year? Is 2012 recent enough?

Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Oh. . . I understand. Discussing the bank reforms from 2009 and Romney allegedly wanting to undo the reforms ("unchain the banks"/"you will be put in chains") is the same as "I'm being lynched." Your "whataboutism" or "it's the same thing" is not working. Plus, you have to scour the internet to find these instances when your President does something reprehensible multiple times a day.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

I get the hypocrisy DC. I am in agreement with you there. People should be called out for their "outrage" if they ignore someone they support who does the same thing they are outraged by someone else doing it.
What I continue to have a difficult time with is the whataboutism that plagues our country.
My question is - Is it possible for a Democrat or Republican to feel BOTH Trump and Biden are often foolish and say outrageous things and that they both deserve major ridicule for saying those things?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

That Biden clip was really weak. Are you okay DC?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Leawood wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:55 pm Oh. . . I understand. Discussing the bank reforms from 2009 and Romney allegedly wanting to undo the reforms ("unchain the banks"/"you will be put in chains") is the same as "I'm being lynched." Your "whataboutism" or "it's the same thing" is not working. Plus, you have to scour the internet to find these instances when your President does something reprehensible multiple times a day.
I don't scour anything. They all magically appear, because they're...well, you know...public record.

Moreover NONE of this has anything to do with what Trump did or did not do. It's pure grandstanding on the part of the Left and it's patently stupid. Here's the thing: you don't HAVE to comment on everything he does. Some of what he does is reprehensible in a conventional sense, in that others have done or still do the same thing. What matters is the stuff he does that is reprehensible in the non-conventional sense. THAT'S what's important, and yet y'all keep flailing away at the other stuff, which is not just irrelevant but undermines the case that he is non-conventional at all.

I can't help that y'all got yer panties in a twist about something that was totally stupid and easily disprovable and now have to backtrack and dissemble to try to show otherwise. Knee-jerk hysteria is self-defeating. And while I'd think that would be obvious by now, it clearly isn't.

Next stop on this train, BTW, is "quid pro quo."

Additionally, your defense of Biden is every bit as ridiculous as the Trumpers' defense of POTUS. He says stupid and occasionally offensive things. That's a fact.
Last edited by DCHawk1 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:03 pm That Biden clip was really weak. Are you okay DC?
Obviously not -- otherwise I wouldn't be arguing with you people about stupid things that are obviously irrelevant and force you to deny reality in pursuit of the ultimate goal of proving that everything Trump thinks, says, or does is not only the worst thing ever but worse than anything anyone else ever did.

What a waste of time and energy.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Paul1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:58 pm I get the hypocrisy DC. I am in agreement with you there. People should be called out for their "outrage" if they ignore someone they support who does the same thing they are outraged by someone else doing it.
What I continue to have a difficult time with is the whataboutism that plagues our country.
My question is - Is it possible for a Democrat or Republican to feel BOTH Trump and Biden are often foolish and say outrageous things and that they both deserve major ridicule for saying those things?
A. Both Trump and Biden ARE foolish and say offensive things. The case for Biden is that he appears, at least, to be genuinely good and decent guy, as opposed to Trump.

B. "Whataboutism" is, in fact, the sole defense of Trump because the sole charge against him is that his behavior and actions are unquestionably "outside the political norm." When someone says, for example, that Trump is a horrible human being because he made aid to a foreign ally contingent on the ally first accepting his demands, the OBVIOUS and relevant response is to point out that both Elizabeth Warren and Pete Buttigieg PROUDLY did the same thing yesterday, with respect to Israel. That's "whataboutism," but it's also a relevant response to attempts to distort political reality to score partisan points.

The question is not now and never has been whether Trump made aid contingent on something. That's the very definition of foreign diplomacy. The question is whether or not that contingency benefit the nation in any way or if it was intended to benefit him personally.
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:31 pm
seahawk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:17 am Wow, defending Trump's comments about Charlottesville--a new low for those who routinely defend/deflect Trump's statements. But defending/deflecting his scurrilous throwback to his KKK origins, really sad.
Did Illy do that?
No. Nobody did. But that doesn't matter to her.
Deleted User 266

Thanks for the response DC!
On another note, I'll chalk it up to being a gaffe but it's an eye-roller.

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I'd suggest that Colorado is one of the 57 states Obama visited, but heaven knows what kind of meltdown that might prompt from Shirl...errr...Feral.
Deleted User 266

In other words, we have people who feel there have been two consecutive Presidents who made what should/could be forgivable geographical gaffes - and there are those who will say they are both complete fucking morons. I think those people are far and few between.
I have a feeling that for most people it all depends on what side of the fence they choose to be politically - in terms of how they feel in regards to the individual "mistakes".
Deleted User 266

Wondering if Trump is going to break out his Sharpie and show another poster board in the Oval Office to prove what he said wasn't false.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

to be fair, Trump HAS said all along that he doesn't want any New Mexicans entering the country...
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:35 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:31 pm
Did Illy do that?
No. Nobody did. But that doesn't matter to her.
but when he said "there's fine people on both sides" his dumbass wasn't saying neo-nazis and antifa are very fine people, to me it seemed he was clearly referencing there are fine people on both sides of the argument about removing the monuments, but he doesn't think before he speaks so it sounds pretty awful when it's following someone getting run over by a car.

That wasn't defending/deflecting what Trump said? Gosh, I must have been mistaken. I mean, given Trump's long history of racist statements, birtherism, insistence that the Central Park 5 are still guilty even though DNA says differently, I guess it's obvious that his statement was exactly what you say, just some dumb thing.

Or Not.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 286

DC posted explanation on it. You could read it. Or not. Don't really care.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Bless your heart, DC explained how Bigfoot has Obama's birth certificate?
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 286

LOL never change sea biscuit you're the best.