Best Fried Chicken

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Best Fried Chicken

Post by jhawks99 »

Feral wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:41 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:19 pm Not the reason why but OK.
So, you're saying the owner of Chick-fil-A has been a deeply closeted gay for decades and until now, all the efforts at promoting traditional marriage were essentially a form of self-loathing?

#reasonable
I think that's exactly what he said.
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don't know why Chick-Fil-A is in this conversation. I understand that, as a technical matter, their product is chicken that has been fried. But, to me, if there's no bones, it's not fried chicken.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:07 am I don't know why Chick-Fil-A is in this conversation. I understand that, as a technical matter, their product is chicken that has been fried. But, to me, if there's no bones, it's not fried chicken.
Absolutely. No bones about it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh come on you guys, throw me a bone here.

what's next, chicken fried steak isn't chicken either??
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:10 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:07 am I don't know why Chick-Fil-A is in this conversation. I understand that, as a technical matter, their product is chicken that has been fried. But, to me, if there's no bones, it's not fried chicken.
Absolutely. No bones about it.
^^^

Preach!
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Give me a piece of fried chicken without a bone and I'm like a dog with a bone.
Seriously, unless someone eats the bone, what is the purpose of having a piece of fried chicken with the bone? Don't tell me it adds flavor. Flavor schmavor.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Grandma wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:16 am Give me a piece of fried chicken without a bone and I'm like a dog with a bone.
Seriously, unless someone eats the bone, what is the purpose of having a piece of fried chicken with the bone? Don't tell me it adds flavor. Flavor schmavor.
Well, it really does add flavor. And, gnawing around the bones and all that is an essential part of the fried chicken experience.

If Chick-Fil-A sandwiches are fried chicken, so are chicken tenders, and then so are chicken nuggets, and then so is cat food, if you fry it.

Bones, or GTFO.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I guess this is when I bitch about the concept/marketing of "boneless wings."

$9.99+ for a dozen . . . fuck you!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

while I can appreciate a good bone gnaw, I don't think that experience is necessary to count as fried chicken.

I think sammiches, just like tenders and nuggets, even boneless wings, still count as fried chicken. If not, what are they?

it's not like anyone is serving cat food with pickles on a buttery bun swimming in Polynesian sauce and a side of waffle fries.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I get freaked out eating chicken off the bone. I know, I'm weird like that.
I have no problem picking around it, I just can't gnaw on it.
Thus, no bone needed for this grandma.

Someone I work with told me he had a spicy Wendy's chicken sandwich with bacon and jalapenos when he went to the ISU/UT game last weekend. Said it was outstanding.
I asked him a) how hungry he was and b) how high he was.
No doubt Wendy's is quality fast food but come on man! "Outstanding"?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:27 am while I can appreciate a good bone gnaw, I don't think that experience is necessary to count as fried chicken.

I think sammiches, just like tenders and nuggets, even boneless wings, still count as fried chicken. If not, what are they?

it's not like anyone is serving cat food with pickles on a buttery bun swimming in Polynesian sauce and a side of waffle fries.
I never said it wasn't delicious. It's just not fried chicken.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess in the sense that if you say you're going out for a friend chicken dinner, it generally indicates bone-in, complete with various canned sides served with bacon fat...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm pulling that investment. I was not told that you would serve "boneless wings" and knock-off chick-fil-a sandwiches.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well, that begs a question:

will a market expect sammiches and such on the (at least lunch) menu, or will they be satisfied with only the full on bone-in exprience for lunch too?

I remember one time on a road trip there was a wait in line for lunch at Lambert's, but bear in mind this is a resort market in CO, not the Springfield/Branson area...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I was at Lambert's recently (not very good, btw) and recall that there were more parking spots for tour buses than for cars. If you know where I'm going with that.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

did the buses say things on them like, "First Baptist Church of Fort Worth?"

yeah, I know where yall's going with that.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I see what you're saying...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't remember the names on the buses, and they're always labeled, but I do recall that compared to every other table, I had seen about 20 less Presidents in my lifetime.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

It has to have the bones....but also the skin. The skin is as important, if not more important than the bones.

chicken filets, tenders, nuggets, etc. are not fried chicken, even though they are chicken that is usually fried.

And CnB's right, gtfo with boneless wings, it's not even close to the same thing, it's a marketing ploy.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:01 am And CnB's right, gtfo with boneless wings, it's not even close to the same thing, it's a marketing ploy.
Boneless wings only exist to give women (and Oussie) the excuse to eat them with a fork and knife.