2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Here's my biggest point..

I think the Chiefs have already played their worst ball of the year. Defense has mostly been the ideal bend but don't break.

This isn't Alex Smith leading the team where everything has to go right. Current QB can erase a lot of deficiencies.

So because of that, I think the Chiefs will always have a shot because...

Mahomes.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Chiefs fans,

Make no doubt, this is one of the years that your ‘window’ is wide open.

Injuries, wife beatings, funny dog videos, and all he other things that could possibly affect team outcomes aside.....make no mistake, if the Chiefs aren’t in at least the AFC champ game this year, the year should be considered an absolute failure.

I’m an outsider, so it’s easy for me to say don’t worry, you’ll get a home playoff game. But off to Baltimore for divisional most likely, which will be tough. I’d be rooting stronger than ever for the Pats to somehow tumble down stretch and have things lined up to play @NE in divisional round.

All this conjecture aside, it’s the NFL, and all this is 6-7 weeks away. Lots can happen.
Wasn’t Mahomes healthy 7 weeks ago?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

One positive they made it through the entire bye week without anyone in the headlines for the wrong reasons. That is a plus.

With #15 you always will have a chance. Get into the playoffs and hope you get hot at the right time.
Holidaysmore - 2005
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Puncher's chance.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"...if the Chiefs aren’t in at least the AFC champ game this year, the year should be considered an absolute failure."

I don't agree.
I for one think we should play the Mahomes era as a long game rather than what we kinda tried to do.
We've had an abnormal amount of injuries to key players this season which will likely prevent us from having a home game to get to the AFC title. If we play on the road and loose to a team ( Baltimore ) that handled the no. 1 team in the AFC, I won't consider the year a failure, but more of a myriad of misfortune. I think a normal season with reasonable amount of injuries puts us at 9-2 at this point with a tiebreaker over the Ravens and the AFC homefield at stake in week 14.

We beat Baltimore in Arrowhead and I think we could do it again.
It will be tougher to do so in Baltimore and loosing there against maybe the MVP in the league wouldn't make me think the season is an absolute failure.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Chiefs fans' transformation into Packers fans in full effect.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Vikes lost to the same injury riddled KC team without Patrick Mahomes so what does that make Vikes fans?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:35 am Chiefs fans' transformation into Packers fans in full effect.

At the time being, yes. When you have elite QBs you always have a chance. The Chiefs have some glaring issues on both sides of the ball but as addressed in this thread 15 and State Farm will always give you a shot.

The difference would be I hope that moving forward the Chiefs don't waste #15s peak years by refusing to address the glaring issues around him. Either we are going to remember Mahomes as the next Brady or the next Marino.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Losers

Just kidding CnB
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:56 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:35 am Chiefs fans' transformation into Packers fans in full effect.

At the time being, yes. When you have elite QBs you always have a chance. The Chiefs have some glaring issues on both sides of the ball but as addressed in this thread 15 and State Farm will always give you a shot.

The difference would be I hope that moving forward the Chiefs don't waste #15s peak years by refusing to address the glaring issues around him. Either we are going to remember Mahomes as the next Brady or the next Marino.
It was obviously mostly a joke. The big difference is that the Chiefs, currently, are ran 1000% better than the Packers have been over the last decade. Chiefs are a season away from having best record in AFC and a half foot from the SB. There are also legitimate untimely injuries that are a big factor in this season for the Chiefs--Although I do think this season is a little bit of an indication that the Chiefs were ahead of schedule last season. That roster still needs a good amount of work.

Packers fans, on the other hand--too often I've seen their team with a record well below .500 and Wiscy Cletus is still betting on the Super Bowl win b/c "we got Rodgers!" Comical stuff.
Deleted User 141

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:34 am "...if the Chiefs aren’t in at least the AFC champ game this year, the year should be considered an absolute failure."

I don't agree.
I for one think we should play the Mahomes era as a long game rather than what we kinda tried to do.
We've had an abnormal amount of injuries to key players this season which will likely prevent us from having a home game to get to the AFC title. If we play on the road and loose to a team ( Baltimore ) that handled the no. 1 team in the AFC, I won't consider the year a failure, but more of a myriad of misfortune. I think a normal season with reasonable amount of injuries puts us at 9-2 at this point with a tiebreaker over the Ravens and the AFC homefield at stake in week 14.

We beat Baltimore in Arrowhead and I think we could do it again.
It will be tougher to do so in Baltimore and loosing there against maybe the MVP in the league wouldn't make me think the season is an absolute failure.
mahomes era will be a long one, almost no doubt...but having as many elite difference makers at other positions on the offense is the hard part to maintain.

what were preseason thoughts? superbowl? afc championship? i'm sure it wasn't bow out in first-second weekend of playoffs.

failure if so. hope that's not the case, but i stand by my argument.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You can stand by it as a non Chiefs fan but that doesn't mean much.
Deleted User 141

means as much as your opinion. just not on an emotional level.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

After last year it was Super Bowl or bust. Add in the fact that we are running on the last remaining years of Mahomes rookie deal it makes it even more imperative.

As full of doom as I have been I will say this...we have yet to see the Chiefs best and when they are on their best they can beat anyone anywhere.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

We saw them close to their best for 3 quarters against Baltimore. When they were leading 30-13 to start the 3rd quarter.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:25 am I hate to be a negative Nancy but I tend to agree with twocoach. I sincerely hope I’m wrong but this year was bombed the instant Mahomes got hurt and I don’t see them being a strong enough team overall to overcome the numerous fatal flaws they have on both sides of the ball.
Maybe I’m to negative but I also hope we as Chiefs fans don’t look back on last year and this year as absolute, colossal failures by the organization because not only did they not win an SB they didn’t even reach an SB with Mahomes on a rookie deal.
Once Mahomes signs his record, 200 million dollar deal everything is going to change.
I see a team with a mediocre o line before all their injuries, zero run game, a terrible run defense and a coach with decades of experience gagging down the stretch of big games.

I hope this Chiefs team is like the '18 Jayhawks team who most definitely didnt look like a Final Four team for a sizable chunk of the middle of the season, only to fix some of their issues, get healthy at the right time and ride an amazing hot streak by Newman to get to the Final Four. Maybe Mahomes will be Graham, Matheiu will be Svi and Hill Damien Williams will be Malik and KC will win it all.

With Mahomes, KC can stay in any game. All the contenders have some warts; we'll see who has the coach that can best manage/hide them.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I'd bet good money that KC makes the AFC Championship Game this season. Sucks that they will have to go to either Foxboro or Baltimore, but I think they can win in either city.

The Chiefs are so much better than their record indicates. Some of you just have too much of a chicken little mentality. Shows in all the KU Football threads as well.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:11 pm I'd bet good money that KC makes the AFC Championship Game this season. Sucks that they will have to go to either Foxboro or Baltimore, but I think they can win in either city.

The Chiefs are so much better than their record indicates. Some of you just have too much of a chicken little mentality. Shows in all the KU Football threads as well.
I hope you are right. But just making the AFC championship game isnt really the goal this season, is it?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:13 pm
Cascadia wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:11 pm I'd bet good money that KC makes the AFC Championship Game this season. Sucks that they will have to go to either Foxboro or Baltimore, but I think they can win in either city.

I hope you are right. But just making the AFC championship game isnt really the goal this season, is it?

For me it is, I won't expect Super Bowl appearances for at least another 2 years.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:19 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:13 pm

For me it is, I won't expect Super Bowl appearances for at least another 2 years.
AKA not until after Brady retires.