2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
Cascadia

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by Cascadia »

twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:28 pm
Cascadia wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:19 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:13 pm
I hope you are right. But just making the AFC championship game isnt really the goal this season, is it?

For me it is, I won't expect Super Bowl appearances for at least another 2 years.
AKA not until after Brady retires.
No, just don't think it's realistic to expect a QB with less than 3 years as a starter make a Super Bowl.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:34 pm
Cascadia wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:19 pm

For me it is, I won't expect Super Bowl appearances for at least another 2 years.
No, just don't think it's realistic to expect a QB with less than 3 years as a starter make a Super Bowl.
Not even when he throws for 5k yards, 50 TDs and wins the MVP in his first season starting? OK.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:41 pm
Not even when he throws for 5k yards, 50 TDs and wins the MVP in his first season starting? OK.
Not even then.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Lamar Jackson hype is a bit over the top right now. He reminds me of Cunningham. But he has the ball so much I predict a disastrous injury. Like Cunningham. Some 6-4 set will knock them back to Trent Dilfer.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I am curious to know if maybe the Ravens leaked too early. Most teams want to peak by late December right as playoffs start, they’ve peaked now for 2 straight months.

I realize they are basically unstoppable right now, but I do wonder if they’ll come back down to earth a bit.

This Ravens teams and Lamar Jackson is still 0-2 vs the Chiefs.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:49 pm

Not even then.
Off the top of my head, Kaepernick, Wilson, and Goff say hello.
Maybe when you realize it's more than just a QB who gets their team to a Super Bowl. Ah fuck it, never mind.
Deleted User 289

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:43 am I am curious to know if maybe the Ravens leaked too early. Most teams want to peak by late December right as playoffs start, they’ve peaked now for 2 straight months.

I realize they are basically unstoppable right now, but I do wonder if they’ll come back down to earth a bit.

This Ravens teams and Lamar Jackson is still 0-2 vs the Chiefs.
I am interested in your theory and will look it up when I have more time. I assume you're right that teams would want to peak in late December but I'm not 100% sure that's true.

The Ravens have SF at home, at Buffalo, NYJ at home, at Cleveland, and Pittsburgh at home.
I doubt they win all those games scoring 35 or more and giving up less than 13.
Still, I don't think any team is better than they are right now. Including the 49ers.

As far as the Ravens record vs. the Chiefs the last two meetings, it's a good thing and I assume a confidence builder for the Chiefs. That being said, one could also point out the Ravens teams and Lamar Jackson lost to the Browns 2 of the last 3 times they played them. For whatever that's worth.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

I’m hoping for a Ravens-Chiefs AFC Champ game.

Of course, I’m not a fan of either team, so it doesn’t mean much.
Deleted User 289

I can't see how anyone wouldn't enjoy seeing a Chiefs / Ravens AFC Champ game - assuming both teams have their starting QBs and a relatively healthy roster. Even those who dislike both those teams should be able to appreciate the game.

As far as the NFC, I have little to no interest who plays in the championship game.
I will be rooting for the AFC representative in the Super Bowl.
Deleted User 141

Some may try to disagree with you Gutter....but only because you are a psychopath and a bitch.
Deleted User 141

And as far as the browns go, they have a punchers chance at wildcard for sure.

They have 3 games that will be tough (@pitt VSbal and @Ari). Win against Steelers this week and they’ll be story to watch again, especially considering preseason hype.

As Titans fan, I’ll be pulling for them this week, as I need Steelers to lose and Titans to win. Of course, titans seem to struggle mightily against Indy and Houston, so I’m not holding breath.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Grandma wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:47 am
Not even then.
Uh, is that it??

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Grandma wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:16 amAs far as the NFC, I have little to no interest who plays in the championship game.
Bitter Bear Face.
Deleted User 141

Haha
Deleted User 289

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:22 am
Grandma wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:47 am

Not even then.
Uh, is that it??

I was just thinking of fairly recent guys. Often my brain can't/doesn't go back more than 8 or 9 years. Yes, Brady falls in the category of QBs who started in the Super Bowl in their first 3 years as a starter in the league.
If I am not mistaken, also off the top of my head, you could add Montana, Marino, and Roethlisberger.
Deleted User 289

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:24 am
Grandma wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:16 amAs far as the NFC, I have little to no interest who plays in the championship game.
Bitter Bear Face.
You mean the Bears aren't going to make the NFC Championship game this season?
Come on!
They were 12-4 last season. Surely they were going to be even better this season. No?
Yes, I am bitter! Many Bears fans are.

Need a laugh?

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sparko wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:46 pm Lamar Jackson hype is a bit over the top right now.
Florio. WTF.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Idiot.

Mahomes has played in 2 1/2 less games. Played injured in some capacity for a handful of them, and is only 300 TOTAL yards behind Jackson.

Now, everyone should be on the Jackson train. It's fun. It's what the Mahomes train was last year. But let's not act like Mahomes has gotten worse. Jackson has just exceeded expectations.

Still 0-2 against Mahomes and the Chiefs. With this year's loss being without Tyreek Hill and Eric Fisher at LT.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I’m hoping for a Chiefs-Patriots AFC Championship game
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Keep thinking that general public. I hope the Chiefs use the same 'us against' the world mentality that the Patriots used last year.

All the talking heads are the same. Spit out some ridiculous, headline grabbing take. Rinse and repeat. I listened to some jokers this morning for about five minutes talking about how Lamar was going to start a renaissance of running QBs and how different Vince Young's NFL career (!!!!!) could have been in this era. Lamar is certainly a HELL of a football player and right now he is the 'it' guy. He is also a guy who hasn't won a playoff game or played a full year as a starter. The age old saying is, 'wait till they get tape on you.' Well that day is coming for Lamar. Remember when everyone tried to run the Wildcat at the pro level. How many teams do it now? Zero. I'm not saying that will be the case for Lamar but sane football heads have to respect the moment Lamar is in but also wanting to see more consistency and longevity.
Holidaysmore - 2005