2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:50 am
pdub wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:48 am Being busted up and dropping close games v Colts, Titans and Texans cost us AFC homefield.
Exactly. That Titans loss is especially awful.
A just off a knee injury Mahomes.
No Frank Clark. No Fuller.
No Eric Fischer. Or LDT. Or Mitchell Schwartz. Or Rankin who replaced Schwartz.
Emergency offensive linemen in the 2nd half.

I'd take that rematch in a heartbeat if we end up being the 3 and the Titans sneak in as a 6.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:01 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:48 am But even then... Chiefs won't get that bye. They really need a 3 seed though. Get the 6 seed and then the 2 which is looking like it's going to be the Patriots at this point.
Going to Baltimore for the AFC championship seems very, very daunting (and likely).
Yes.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

I'd take that rematch in a heartbeat if we end up being the 3 and the Titans sneak in as a 6.
be crazy not to want that.
Deleted User 141

And I'd rather play an Andy Reid team in the playoffs than, well, just about anyone else.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:07 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:48 am But even then... Chiefs won't get that bye. They really need a 3 seed though. Get the 6 seed and then the 2 which is looking like it's going to be the Patriots at this point.
Going to Baltimore for the AFC championship seems very, very daunting (and likely).
Yes.
I think I'd rather have the Ravens in the AFC Championship instead of the Divisional round.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

In regards to the way the Chiefs lost against the Titans it was horrible but ever since they switched to Tanny they might be the hottest team in the AFC, not named the Ravens. They are playing good football.

I get it. They are old, slow and generally washed. But haven’t we heard that for the better part of three or four years now. I won’t believe it until someone finally gives them the knockout that is eventually coming.
Now I will say the Pats are about as easy to game plan as they have ever been in the Brady era. The Pats are terrible on offense outside of Julian and White. You neutralize or slow down those two Brady is screwed. The Chiefs can double Julian with Fuller and deep safety help but White and Michel, and probably more White are going to be problem. Neiman, Rags and Hitch are awful in space so maybe you use Dirty Dan. Problem being as soon they see Dirty Dan in they will immediately audible to a power run game, which he struggles against.

The offense has been very slow and sluggish for the better part of two weeks now but some of that was weather conditions and personnel related. If I had to pick between Brady or Mahomes having a break out game I’m taking 15 all day. It is going to be imperative that the offense has the foot on the gas every possession. The more you make Brady sit in the pocket the better your chances are.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:18 am
pdub wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:07 am

Yes.
I think I'd rather have the Ravens in the AFC Championship instead of the Divisional round.
Sure, if only because the advantage of the bye would have been blunted.

At this point, the best realistic case for the Chiefs is that their fate will be sealed after Week 16, and they can punt on Week 17 (and end up with the same amount of rest as the Pats and Ravens, who seem likely to still be fighting for the #1 spot).

But that fucking Texans game may have taken this scenario off the table.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gqcolorado wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:29 am Patriots are bereft of talent at offensive skills positions for first time in, well, forever? That said, the Chiefs D generally struggles.

And answering if Belicheck is a a clown for playing Brady in blowout wins in the 4th, I believe the answer is yes. The entire league is antiquated in that regard. It’s just the mindset, and I find it comical.
Maybe it's your mindset that is antiquated on it and not the entire NFL. Giving random snaps to your backup QB at the end of a blowout is pointless.
Deleted User 141

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:56 am
Gqcolorado wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:29 am Patriots are bereft of talent at offensive skills positions for first time in, well, forever? That said, the Chiefs D generally struggles.

And answering if Belicheck is a a clown for playing Brady in blowout wins in the 4th, I believe the answer is yes. The entire league is antiquated in that regard. It’s just the mindset, and I find it comical.
Maybe it's your mindset that is antiquated on it and not the entire NFL.
Could be, but since My position is the opposite of what the mindset has been for a long time, and antiquated means out-dated, I doubt it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Meh, the Chiefs have been good on the road this year. If KC is healthy then they have a good chance in every playoff match up they could have.

Plenty of improvements to be made between now and then. Gotta get the offense humming again, they are looking a little off kilter.
Deleted User 141

I’m not sure how giving real game experience could ever be considered pointless. Sure, no rhythm or whatever could be the argument, but doesn’t the game slow down the more experience one has, even if only brief?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gqcolorado wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:57 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:56 am

Maybe it's your mindset that is antiquated on it and not the entire NFL.
Could be, but since My position is the opposite of what the mindset has been for a long time, and antiquated means out-dated, I doubt it.
There seems to be little reason or logic to support your stance other than "but some random injury might happen".

So should the starters stop taking as many snaps in practice "just in case"? No, obviously not. Play them every snap. Twenty snaps over the course of a 4 month season at the end of blowouts isnt going to prepare a back up if he finds himself suddenly in the starting role due to injury.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

All season long has been Chiefs fans downplaying home field advantage. Other than the fact that it's been historically very important and playing an extra game has also been historically very important.

Should not be surprising on this board where so many say a 1 seed is no different than a 2 seed in NCAA hoops.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:04 am All season long has been Chiefs fans downplaying home field advantage. Other than the fact that it's been historically very important and playing an extra game has also been historically very important.

Should not be surprising on this board where so many say a 1 seed is no different than a 2 seed in NCAA hoops.
Speaking of home field advantage...I really think the Chiefs need to just take all the pick/rub plays out of the playbook this week.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:08 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:04 am All season long has been Chiefs fans downplaying home field advantage. Other than the fact that it's been historically very important and playing an extra game has also been historically very important.

Speaking of home field advantage...I really think the Chiefs need to just take all the pick/rub plays out of the playbook this week.
Belichick will probably get an OPI called after review with no flag on the field.

I also wish I could bet on there being a key DPI or Defensive Holding called on the Chiefs against Edelman.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:04 am All season long has been Chiefs fans downplaying home field advantage.
Not I.
Arrowhead, as much as we've struggled there in past playoff games, is where i'd much rather play.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:11 am I also wish I could bet on there being a key DPI or Defensive Holding called on the Chiefs against Edelman.
For sure.
And maybe another suspect personal foul taking Brady to the ground.
And finally a weak holding call on a big screen/run play by the Chiefs.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And the Chiefs will still win.

Weather right now is clear, in the 40's with little to no wind. Perfect for the Chiefs offense on turf.

Yesterday was just the like the 2nd or 3rd game all year that Mahomes, Hill and Kelce were all healthy. Offense is still figuring out things because they've been so banged up.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The exciting thing to me is that the Chiefs have won with a very generic playbook the past few weeks. I think they will have some things dialed up Sunday. Houston won with the short passing game though. It may be that KC should keep it dialed back and play mistake free as possible.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:34 am The exciting thing to me is that the Chiefs have won with a very generic playbook the past few weeks. I think they will have some things dialed up Sunday. Houston won with the short passing game though. It may be that KC should keep it dialed back and play mistake free as possible.
Houston absolutely destroyed NE linebackers with the backs out of the backfield. Carlos Hyde didn't do much, but Duke Johnson had like 40 rushing yards and 60 receiving yards. Could be a day for McCoy to do some damage.

But yesterday was the first game this year (since Jax game obviously) that I felt really good about Mahomes and his mobility. He threw some bad balls, which I think can be attributed to the wind, but also just missed Kelce on a few near TD passes, that if he completes those, the outlook on his day is different.

I stated it here when the season started, but it was going to take a good 7-8 weeks for the defense to get it figured out. And I think they have it figured out.

I think the Chiefs are a better team than the Pats right now. It's a coin flip game, the 3 points that NE is favored is just based on home field alone. I think the Chiefs are better on offense by a lot, defense is not that wide of a gap anymore, and suddenly the Pats have kicker issues that they've rarely had and Butker is one of the best in the league for KC.