2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 289

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by Deleted User 289 »

At least 6 points if not 12 points were taken away from the Pats by the refs. Were they not?
Not saying that's why the Pats lost the game but the officiating was horrendous.
I would imagine Chiefs fans would probably be pretty whiny and pissed off if it happened the other way.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:16 pm At least 6 points if not 12 points were taken away from the Pats by the refs. Were they not?
Not saying that's why the Pats lost the game but the officiating was horrendous.
I would imagine Chiefs fans would probably be pretty whiny and pissed off if it happened the other way.
Dude, enough with the contrarian crap. I realize that this is just bait to get someone to respond to you negatively so you can do your butt-hurt routine, and that I’m taking that bait, but, please, just STFU for one night and let the long-suffering Chiefs fans enjoy a satisfying win.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The thing I take away is that to even be in the game, NE had to trot out trick plays and overload the center on a punt. Brady was pretty ineffective
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Bad calls both ways. I don't care. F brady and F the pats. Chiefs won.
Broham
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:45 pm Bad calls both ways. I don't care. F brady and F the pats. Chiefs won.

Right on, 99
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:22 pm
Grandma wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:16 pm At least 6 points if not 12 points were taken away from the Pats by the refs. Were they not?
Dude, enough with the contrarian crap. I realize that this is just bait to get someone to respond to you negatively so you can do your butt-hurt routine, and that I’m taking that bait, but, please, just STFU for one night and let the long-suffering Chiefs fans enjoy a satisfying win.
Amen. Let's just enjoy this victory.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:02 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:45 pm Bad calls both ways. I don't care. F brady and F the pats. Chiefs won.

Right on, 99
YouDaMan
Broham
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Fuck the Pats.

Their offense stinks.

Their defense is still pretty good.

Chiefs better by a lot. Chiefs missed opportunities to make that a 20+ point game in 2nd half.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

"Dude", my exact post before that was -
Refs had a poor game and I was waiting for them to give the Pats an inevitable bull-shit call in their favor on the final drive. Thankfully it didn't happen.
Chiefs did exactly what they needed to do to win - and they won. That's a very good thing.
Congrats Chiefs fans!

Then..... twocoach came along and posted, "I am positive that reading about Pats fans whining about losing due to the refs might make me burst a gut laughing".
I responded to HIM and HIS post after that. Not you nor your post, not anyone else nor anyone else's post.

YOU didn't like my response to twocoach. Got it. I'm sorry guy.
God forbid someone responds to a post on here and it's not participating in a circle jerk.
Almost impossible to do without someone being "butt-hurt" when it happens.

Now please continue to enjoy your long suffering Chief's fan satisfying win and please don't allow me to have the power to stop that in any way. For both of our sake/s.
Peace.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

They took a TD on a drive that ended in a FG so that is 4 points, not 6. Etc....
Deleted User 289

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is the refs didn't kick the FG and score those points. The refs error/s simply cost the Pats points tonight. That's all. Sometimes it happens. I'm not complaining, I wanted the Chiefs to win and am happy for them and Chiefs fans that they did.
Botton line, what the refs did or didn't do doesn't really matter in the end - unless you're a butt-hurt Pats fan.
What really matters is the Chiefs scored more points than the Pats did.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:15 pm
"Dude", my exact post before that was -
Refs had a poor game and I was waiting for them to give the Pats an inevitable bull-shit call in their favor on the final drive. Thankfully it didn't happen.
Chiefs did exactly what they needed to do to win - and they won. That's a very good thing.
Congrats Chiefs fans!

Then..... twocoach came along and posted, "I am positive that reading about Pats fans whining about losing due to the refs might make me burst a gut laughing".
I responded to HIM and HIS post after that. Not you nor your post, not anyone else nor anyone else's post.

YOU didn't like my response to twocoach. Got it. I'm sorry guy.
God forbid someone responds to a post on here and it's not participating in a circle jerk.
Almost impossible to do without someone being "butt-hurt" when it happens.

Now please continue to enjoy your long suffering Chief's fan satisfying win and please don't allow me to have the power to stop that in any way. For both of our sake/s.
Peace.
Thanks for proving my point.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:39 pm That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is the refs didn't kick the FG and score those points. The refs error/s simply cost the Pats points tonight. That's all. Sometimes it happens. I'm not complaining, I wanted the Chiefs to win and am happy for them and Chiefs fans that they did.
Botton line, what the refs did or didn't do doesn't really matter in the end - unless you're a butt-hurt Pats fan.
I am never one to state that it impacted the game. If NE is given that TD then KC calls different plays because the situation is different. Maybe one of them breaks for a TD and it's all a moot point.

Bad calls happen. Sometimes they happen more to you, sometimes more to your opponent, sometimes both teams benefit, etc.... shit happens. Just as in basketball, when you are the more aggressive team with the better, more aggressive style then you generate plays that result in the opponent getting called for things that may typically not get called. KU hoops has benefitted in this matter in many games, such is the nature of the beast.

I am thrilled that KC made enough plays to hang on and that NE looks like they are starting to fade some. I hope the coaching staff and Mahomes figure out how to close these types of games out. They were fortunate to have held on. All in all, a very good night even if it wasn't a work of art.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Gutters will be gutters.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:35 am
Grandma wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:39 pm That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is the refs didn't kick the FG and score those points. The refs error/s simply cost the Pats points tonight. That's all. Sometimes it happens. I'm not complaining, I wanted the Chiefs to win and am happy for them and Chiefs fans that they did.
I am never one to state that it impacted the game. If NE is given that TD then KC calls different plays because the situation is different. Maybe one of them breaks for a TD and it's all a moot point.

Bad calls happen. Sometimes they happen more to you, sometimes more to your opponent, sometimes both teams benefit, etc.... shit happens. Just as in basketball, when you are the more aggressive team with the better, more aggressive style then you generate plays that result in the opponent getting called for things that may typically not get called. KU hoops has benefitted in this matter in many games, such is the nature of the beast.

I am thrilled that KC made enough plays to hang on and that NE looks like they are starting to fade some. I hope the coaching staff and Mahomes figure out how to close these types of games out. They were fortunate to have held on. All in all, a very good night even if it wasn't a work of art.
It's also relevant that, had Belichick not moronically challenged a spot on the same drive, he would have had a challenge left for the bad out of bounds call (and, accordingly, another challenge and another timeout).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agreed. But it was a bad spot. Glad it and a few other calls went our way. Every little bit helps when your offense is floundering. I would love to hear an expert break down the last few KC possessions to see if Belichik's defense forced into those calls and we just couldn't execute them well enough to get first downs or if we just chose to suck like that.

And who will NE get in their 1st playoff game, us? They are going to be one and done if we clean up some stuff.
Last edited by twocoach on Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Well one, their defense is good. Two, Mahomes a little banged up. Three, they cause a lot of turnovers and they had the momentum.

In videos in locker room, Mahomes didn’t even clap. He had his hand hit his forearm. So that’s worrisome.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

4th straight game with a QBR under 40 for Brady, his longest streak since QBR was invented as a meaningless stat in 2006.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Chiefs had double the penalties for 110 more yards.
They outgained the Patriots.
They had more sacks, more first downs, did better on 3rd down conversion.

The local NPR radio announcer said the Patriots lost because of poor officiating this morning.
That's how he reported the news.
Now they understand, if just for one day, what it's like to live in everyone else's world.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Brady is on his way to Peyton status. He is not accurate on deep throws under pressure. It is going to get easier and easier to shut down the pats O. The Chiefs were doubling Edelman, now granted Brady doesn't have the weapons....Gronk Flash Brown but still it is obvious. Losing when you pull out every bag of trick play you own at home. Oh boy. Those Pats fans are in big trouble.