2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Their offense stinks.

Got this from Nick Wright at FS1..

Here were their 5 longest plays by yardage yesterday.

Flea flicker TD pass
Pass from the RB
DPI
DPI
QB scramble of 17 yards

2 trick plays and 2 flags

Now the Chiefs for shits and giggles..

48 yard pass to Hardman
23 yard pass to Watkins
21 yard pass to Hill
20 yard pass to Kelce
19 yard pass to Thompson

No flags, no trick play, just lined up to beat them.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The narrative will still be 'but we have seen them turn it around before' until someone deals them the death blow that I believe we all now know is coming. The Pats are awful on offense. They can't run the ball and once you double Edelman it is a wrap. Even against that vaunted Pats defense you give me a semi-healthy Mahomes and I'll take that match up all day long.

Sounds like the Mahomes hand injury is just something he will have to deal with, along with his other various aliments. That Denver game could be very interesting. Three weeks ago you would have thought it would be a lay up. Everything is back in play for the Chiefs.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The refs bailed NE out on their first first down. They simply expect to get every call. As A long suffering Chief fan, it almost never goes this way. But really, the Pats had every advantage yesterday with an ailing Mahomes and lost.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Exactly. Mahomes is beat up. Offense is still not full strength.

And the Chiefs still thoroughly dominated the game from start to finish. Brady stinks. They couldn't run the ball. Edelman doesn't do much outside of his 7-10 yard routes.

But even though the Patriots offense stinks, there's still not much being said about how the Chiefs defense is becoming a top 10 defense. They rush the passer, they've stopped the run. They've been getting more turnovers.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They've looked better.
Let's see what they can do against MIZZOU QB Drew Lock this Sunday.
Can't let the Broncos score 38 points like they did on the Texans.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:08 am Agreed. But it was a bad spot. Glad it and a few other calls went our way. Every little bit helps when your offense is floundering. I would love to hear an expert break down the last few KC possessions to see if Belichik's defense forced into those calls and we just couldn't execute them well enough to get first downs or if we just chose to suck like that.

And who will NE get in their 1st playoff game, us? They are going to be one and done if we clean up some stuff.
I'm also confused about how NE still had a timeout left going down the stretch. Didn't they burn their last one after the incomplete pass in the end zone, that was initially ruled a TD?

From where I was watching, the consensus seemed to be that the refs somehow didn't charge that timeout.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That's the Texans though. They got happy with their domination of the Pats and completely looked unprepared.

Reid and the division is still a big mismatch. And a rookie QB in just his 3rd game. I'd imagine we see a 13-17 point win.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Happy for Drew Lock. Hope he works out wherever he ends up.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I hope Lock stays at Denver so I have a Mizzou guy to cheer against to make it doubly fun. Nothing personal. Seems like a good kid and all but...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Lock is a Run-GMC kid, will always have a soft spot for those guys. I can’t blame a kid for picking MU for football over KU. Hoops would be a different story. Fuck the Donkos, though.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I hope Lock's career crashes and burns.
1. Because he went to MIZZOU
2. Because he plays for the Broncos
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:22 am I hope Lock's career crashes and burns.
1. Because he went to MIZZOU
2. Because he plays for the Broncos
+10000
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:47 am Yep agreed for the most part. However, previous history has shown something that I hadn't noticed for the Chiefs under Reid. Pretty crazy stat here...

Reid's teams at KC have always gone on some sort of run at any point of the season

2013 - Went 9-0
2014 - Went 7-1
2015 - Went 11-0
2016 - Went 8-1
2017 - Went 5-0
2018 - Went 9-1

The Chiefs "run" this year has only been 4-0. Prepare for the Chiefs to have some crazy run come up here with the weaker half of the schedule coming up. Wouldn't at all be a surprise if they went 7-1 or even 8-0 to finish the year after Sunday's game against Minnesota.
Time to check back in on this stat. 4-1 since the Packers game. Good chance at finishing 7-1. 8-0 if not for the Tennessee debacle.

Chiefs are peaking at the right time. Still haven't played their best game of the season yet.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Bruised hand for Mahomes. Barring anything crazy happening he will play on Sunday.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We need him to round into form.
He's been very off-Mahomes this season ( and you can point to injuries as the reason - but just stating he's been off his game ).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:32 pm We need him to round into form.
He's been very off-Mahomes this season ( and you can point to injuries as the reason - but just stating he's been off his game ).
He hasn't been great since the injury. His happy feet - and resulting back-foot throws and inability to drive the ball - reduce him to merely being very good.

That won't be enough, not by a long shot.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:32 pm We need him to round into form.
Agreed. He's playing scared because he's protecting injuries that won't have time to heal until the off-season. The Rookie year swagger is gone, and it will hurt the Chiefs come playoff time.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I'm not sure if 'scared' is the right word but the brashness and confidence he played with last year is not the same this year. The reasons why are certainly valid but he would be the first to say that those reasons don't matter.
It is very encouraging to see the defense picking up the slack but if the Chiefs want to get to or win the Super Bowl Mahomes and the offense has to be better.
Holidaysmore - 2005
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:45 pm I'm not sure if 'scared' is the right word but the brashness and confidence he played with last year is not the same this year. The reasons why are certainly valid but he would be the first to say that those reasons don't matter.
It is very encouraging to see the defense picking up the slack but if the Chiefs want to get to or win the Super Bowl Mahomes and the offense has to be better.
Scared might be too strong a word. Cautious, perhaps, or judicious, is more accurate. But we ultimately agree that the only way the Chiefs get to, much less win, a Super Bowl, is with Pat the Gunslinger running the show.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Wouldn't disagree with that at all. I'm sure he is far more aware of certain things he can or can't do now with the various injuries he has. With this latest hand injury he may be even more limited. That is certainly not reassuring even with the renewed optimism around the defense.

If the Chiefs don't make it to the SB this year bad luck with injuries will be the reason.
Holidaysmore - 2005