2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by Sparko »

Check down like Alex and problems emerge that can’t be overcome. The idea that he was throwing to space last year and not routes was posited. I think the injuries and horrific blitzes are the big difference. But defenses have spent thousands of hours watching him and preparing too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pats never learn.
If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin' is what some people say.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/282 ... ture-shoot
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Eagles. Stink.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:56 pm Pats never learn.
If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin' is what some people say.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/282 ... ture-shoot
Being marked OOB on the three yard line for a First Down was so much worse. Umm. Man they are a dirty team.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

KU76erfan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:40 pm Eagles. Stink.
I agree. Meanwhile, they are in first place in their division.
If a sub .500 team makes the playoffs and a team that is 4 games over .500 doesn't, I feel there is something wrong with the NFL.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

I thought I made a post about the chiefs in a good position. Probably end up the 3, could be 2. Either way, sets up Ravens-Chiefs AFC Champ game, which is what we all want if own own respective teams don’t make it there.

Seems to me that most likely scenario for Chiefs-Titans Part Deux is @ Arrowhead in Champ game. If that happens, I’ll gladly come to town and crash one of y’all’s tailgates. If any of you would actually go to the game.

If Chiefs stumble, and Titans make it (I think they have to win out), Titans become 3 and Chiefs 4. Then Game would shift to Nashville. And for any of you wanting to travel, Nashville is. Fun city to go visit. Lots of Airbnb choices close to downtown, make for $5-7 Uber in to popular places.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Titans were a great example of a team in search of the right QB. Tannehill was in search of the right weapons. They are IMHO a better offense overall than Baltimore. One of the depressing things about this year is that the Chiefs played teams as they began to peak. Tennessee rode that game back into contention. The last three weeks might be brutal.
Deleted User 141

Baltimore’s offense is ‘gimmicky’ in that it’s not traditional bc of Jackson’s athletic ability. Until he is figured out? They are the most dangerous offense. He will most likely get figured out.

Titans have ridiculously hard road. Texans are usually the team’s bane. And Saints at home in between. Texans have Bucs on road.

Tannehill has been playing incredibly well. Arm strength and field vision are amazing. Good chance it’s fools gold, though. Hope not. And hope Henry’s hammy holds up. AJ Brown the real deal it seems. If Davis would just play like he’s supposed to, I’d say the offense is best rounded (minus Chiefs).

Chiefs should win out, so should Pats. Pittsburg, I have no idea. They are truly a quagmire. Good on Tomlin.
Deleted User 141

Also, and this is often forgotten and/or overlooked....Titans offense line has been playing great since Lewan manned how and said he plays dumb. Bad line play is what holds most teams back week-to-week anymore.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So this Patriots thing is an exact remake from years back.

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:47 am So this Patriots thing is an exact remake from years back.
No it’s very different. That statement takes away from how blatant spy gate was.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Grandma wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:53 am
KU76erfan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:40 pm Eagles. Stink.
I agree. Meanwhile, they are in first place in their division.
If a sub .500 team makes the playoffs and a team that is 4 games over .500 doesn't, I feel there is something wrong with the NFL.
A possible re-seeding should be considered, imo. Although I think Seattle was 7-9 for the beastquake game.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:52 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:47 am So this Patriots thing is an exact remake from years back.
No it’s very different. That statement takes away from how blatant spy gate was.
True, but what I'm talking about is that in the lengthy ESPN piece talking about spy gate, Patriots told their staffers to say they were filming QBs, WRs or doing something for a video piece for the team that's unrelated to on-field stuff during games.

Do we not think this is as blatant?

They didn't inform the Bengals or NFL. They spent the ENTIRE 1st QUARTER filming nothing but the Bengals sideline.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:03 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:52 am
True, but what I'm talking about is that in the lengthy ESPN piece talking about spy gate, Patriots told their staffers to say they were filming QBs, WRs or doing something for a video piece for the team that's unrelated to on-field stuff during games.

Do we not think this is as blatant?

They didn't inform the Bengals or NFL. They spent the ENTIRE 1st QUARTER filming nothing but the Bengals sideline.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

You can almost smell how desperate the Pats are. They have such small belief in their offense they have resorted back to their old ways of videotaping the freaking Bengals.

It really makes you stop to think just how good were the Pats during their run when a good portion of it is marred in controversy.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:22 am They have such small belief in their offense they have resorted back to their old ways of videotaping the freaking Bengals.
This is a big part of why it’s not the same as spygate.

The conspiracy take here doesn’t make sense. To make sense, you’d need a long term scam and collusion from other teams.

We also use terms like “organization” or “Patriots” too loosely. This will end up being nothing. Another team doesn’t get this kind of clicks.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I will admit I don’t remember much about Spygate but reading about this and how it compared to the original Spygate is where I am pulling my assumption from. You cannot deny this sounds awful similar to what they were doing during Spygate. What do they say, ‘old habits die hard.’

Maybe it isn’t part of a bigger conspiracy but I know when people have been in power for a long time and when they start to feel things slipping you start to take chances and do things you normally wouldn’t do in order to stay in that position.

That part I will agree with. 100 year anniversary of the league and you also have Bill as one of the main guests who unveil the 100 greatest players in league history. Rogah wants this swept under the rug immediately.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:32 am This will end up being nothing. Another team doesn’t get this kind of clicks.
Ludicrous.
They were set to face the Bengals this week and were filming them just the week before.
This is absolutely something and would be news if any team got caught doing it by an opposing team.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Bill Belichick obviously denied any involvement on WEEI-FM hours before the organization issued an official statement on Monday night claiming the production crew for their documentary on an advanced scout didn’t know the NFL policy; that of course is the exact excuse New England's videographers were told to use if asked what they were doing during the Spygate investigation. That case settled with Belichick being fined $500,000 while Robert Kraft and the organization were hit with a $250,000 fine and loss of a first-round pick. The Deflategate investigation eight years later resulted in another lost first-round pick and four-game suspension for Tom Brady. Any guilty verdict in this most recent controversy would obviously bring down an impactful ruling. Suspensions across the board are on the table."