2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The Chargers, my god. Would be comedy to play them every season.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:43 am

Tight shot of the Bengals sidelines with signals and sub patterns. FOH Patriots.
Belichick is turning into Barry Bonds for me. I've always respected his coaching ability, but it's becoming clear that he is a chronic cheater.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

'Boys are thumping the rams
Broham
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:43 am

Tight shot of the Bengals sidelines with signals and sub patterns. FOH Patriots.
JFC that is so obvious they follow the advance scout pretending to do some stupid thing on him and film the sidelines...Patriots need to get smashed. They can spin any story you want, but that shit was 100% Bill and he wants any info he can get an edge with.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Houston had some of that Titan
Luck today. Raiders lose out in the Pit.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

The luck was repaid in the second half when Titans intercepted Hou @ Ten 5...But yeah.

Go Bills tonight, and we shall see what happens.
Deleted User 141

That, and I need the decent Bucs to show up next weekend.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Is it just me or do others feel the NFL's best are not all that great.
What do I mean? Besides the Ravens and the Chiefs, who are great teams in the AFC?
The 11-3 Patriots are not a great football team.
The 10-4 Bills are a really nice team but are they "great"? I believe they only have 2 or 3 wins against teams who are above .500.
In the NFC, the 11-3 Packers are tied for the best record. They are not a great football team by any means - and I am not convinced they are even what could be considered a very good football team.

Early predictions.

AFC Championship Ravens/Chiefs. I know, that's not exactly going out on a limb. Bummer for the Chiefs that game would most likely be played in Baltimore. That game would be the dream matchup.
NFC Championship is almost impossible for me to figure out. I do feel the Seahawks and Saints may be the two best teams but I'll go ahead and say Vikings/49ers because - well, I don't know.

Semi interesting side notes.
* The Buccaneers have the second most points scored in the NFC and yet they are 7-7 - probably because they are tied for giving up the most points in the NFC.
* Which brings me to the Chicago Bears, who have given up the fewest points in the NFC and they are 7-7. The fact that they have scored the 2nd fewest points in the NFC has a lot to do with that. Fuck Matt Nagy and Mark Helfrich. Ryan Pace too.
* Speaking of point differentials, the Chargers are a +9 in and they are 5-9 while the Texans are +11 and they are 9-5.
The Cowboys are +90 and they are 7-7.
* If my math is correct, the Dolphins have given up an average of 31 points a game. It's not as if they have played against offensive juggernauts either. I didn't understand the Graham (DC) hire when it happened. I still don't.
I forgot who it was that early in the season said the Lions were playoff (Super Bowl?) contenders. They are 3-10-1 and could possibly (all be it highly doubtful) end up with the worst record in the NFC.
The Lions are JUNK!
Deleted User 141

Yeah Gutter, looking at this weekend, TB v Hou could be wildly entertaining football, considering how good both offenses seem to be (especially with Fuller healthy for Hou).
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Lions usually start fast and end as junk. No matter what. The injuries have helped this year, but they were playing well for the first few games. Again. Feel for their fans.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

8 of the 12 spots for playoffs clinched.

AFC: Baltimore, NE, KC, Buffalo
NFC: Seattle, GB, NO, SF (Any of those teams could be the 1 seed. Will be fun to watch)

4 spots remaining. 2 in each conference:
AFC: Houston, Pittsburgh, Tennessee fighting for 2 spots.
NFC: Dallas/Philly for NFC East, Vikings and Rams fighting for WC spot.

KC needs to have NE lose to Buffalo in Boston on Saturday to have a shot at 2 seed. Could happen, but probably not.

My predictions with 2 weeks to go with still plenty to change, but a fun talking point.
AFC:
1. Baltimore
2. NE
3. KC
4. Houston
5. Buffalo
6. Pittsburgh

WC Matchups: Pittsburgh at KC. Buffalo at Houston.
Div Matchups: KC at NE. Houston at Baltimore.
AFC Championship: KC at Baltimore
KC to Super Bowl.

NFC:
1. Seattle
2. Green Bay
3. New Orleans
4. Dallas
5. San Fran
6. Minnesota

WC Matchups: Minnesota at NO. San Fran at Dallas.
Div Matchups: NO at Green Bay. San Fran at Seattle.
NFC Championship: San Fran at NO.
NO to Super Bowl.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd love a shot at Pittsburgh after that 18-16 loss with the questionable holding call on Fischer preventing the tie.

“Ref No. 51 shouldn't even be able to wear a zebra jersey ever again. He shouldn't even be able to work at fucking Foot Locker."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:37 am I'd love a shot at Pittsburgh after that 18-16 loss with the questionable holding call on Fischer preventing the tie.

“Ref No. 51 shouldn't even be able to wear a zebra jersey ever again. He shouldn't even be able to work at fucking Foot Locker."
I don't think there's any question we'd rather see the Steelers than the Bills. Particularly not after last night.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think KC beats either Buffalo or Pittsburgh by 14 points.

Tennessee is obviously the team that is the most terrifying in the WC round.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Except, they'd have our undivided attention.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Agreed. And also KC would play their 2 best run stoppers at DT in Nnadi and Pennell instead of sitting Pennel for a pass rushing DT.

KC would win that matchup by 10. But Henry is still scary.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:59 am Agreed. And also KC would play their 2 best run stoppers at DT in Nnadi and Pennell instead of sitting Pennel for a pass rushing DT.

KC would win that matchup by 10. But Henry is still scary.
While Tennessee is scary because of its strengths it took an absolute Chief’sy collapse for them to win that game.
I get the feeling that with a healthy Mahomes and the defense playing at the confidence level it is playing with right now the Chiefs would be the Titans by a comfortable margin.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Okafor tore his pec, out for year.

Chiefs claimed Suggs on waivers. Now the drama is whether or not he reports after previously reported he only wanted to go to Baltimore. I'd imagine he'll go to KC because they got a chance at going far.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Josh Gordon man. Stay off the weed.

Suspended indefinitely again.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:13 pm Okafor tore his pec, out for year.

Chiefs claimed Suggs on waivers. Now the drama is whether or not he reports after previously reported he only wanted to go to Baltimore. I'd imagine he'll go to KC because they got a chance at going far.
Wouldn't have surprised me if the Chiefs (or Pats) claimed Suggs to stop him from getting to Baltimore, in any case. The Okafor injury made it a no-brainer.