Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Totally random thread

Post by ousdahl »

Man, so I randomly had to flick a guy off.

I’ve always had a personal policy against it, and don’t like putting negative energy into the universe, but it just sort of happened as a necessarily reaction.

I was going straight through an intersection when a big SUV with plates from you know where tried to turn left and almost hit me. I had to swerve to avoid a collision, and honked to make him aware I was there. He locks them up and just lays on the horn. Now he’s awkwardly stopped across the middle of the intersection. I work to get around him. As I do he’s still blasting the horn and now giving me a death glare, as if *I* am the one doing something wrong.

Motherfucker I have the right of way! This is where you’re supposed to mouth “sorry” and sheepishly wave. Since humility is apparently not an option, here’s a one finger salute. Peace out y’all.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:38 am Man, so I randomly had to flick a guy off.

I’ve always had a personal policy against it, and don’t like putting negative energy into the universe, but it just sort of happened as a necessarily reaction.

I was going straight through an intersection when a big SUV with plates from you know where tried to turn left and almost hit me. I had to swerve to avoid a collision, and honked to make him aware I was there. He locks them up and just lays on the horn. Now he’s awkwardly stopped across the middle of the intersection. I work to get around him. As I do he’s still blasting the horn and now giving me a death glare, as if *I* am the one doing something wrong.

Motherfucker I have the right of way! This is where you’re supposed to mouth “sorry” and sheepishly wave. Since humility is apparently not an option, here’s a one finger salute. Peace out y’all.
"flick off". The incorrect way to say "flip off", which means to give someone the finger.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Thank you.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

He shouldn't have apologized.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Feral wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:46 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:38 am Man, so I randomly had to flick a guy off.

"flick off". The incorrect way to say "flip off", which means to give someone the finger.
you mean like this??

(I cannot confirm nor deny whether this is real life footage of ousdahl driving...)
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

My two most annoying and most frequently-encountered malapropisms:

Carmel when one actually means caramel
Calvary when one actually means cavalry

Both make me want to flick someone off when I hear them used.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ohhh! Feral’s gonna give you the bird for that one!
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

What I find odd is that the word "too" seems to have disappeared from people's vocabulary. I see "to" instead of "too" all the time.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

You did what you had to do.

That's that.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:11 pm What I find odd is that the word "too" seems to have disappeared from people's vocabulary. I see "to" instead of "too" all the time.
Another one I am always telling students: then and than are not interchangeable.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

their/there/they’re

it’s/its
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:00 pm
lobster wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:11 pm What I find odd is that the word "too" seems to have disappeared from people's vocabulary. I see "to" instead of "too" all the time.
Another one I am always telling students: then and than are not interchangeable.
I could always pick out an 85 sock. He got it exactly opposite every time.
Broham
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:16 pm their/there/they’re

it’s/its
Yes!
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Has moot evolved into that zone where it is correct no matter how one uses it? I get pissy about that . . .
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That makes too of us!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:25 pm Has moot evolved into that zone where it is correct no matter how one uses it? I get pissy about that . . .
Probably. I only get pissy when people pronounce it “mute”.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ChalkRocker wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:30 pm

You did what you had to do.

That's that.

I didn’t want to do it.

I felt I owed it to them.

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

defixione wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:25 pm Has moot evolved into that zone where it is correct no matter how one uses it? I get pissy about that . . .
Careful before you trigger RMan and reluctant/reticent.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:26 pm My two most annoying and most frequently-encountered malapropisms:

Carmel when one actually means caramel
Calvary when one actually means cavalry

Both make me want to flick someone off when I hear them used.
I'm guilty of Carmel. I know its technically "wrong" but I cant stand when people say Ker uh mel.
Just Ledoux it