Post by jhawks99 »

Bears are junk

You're welcome, gutter
Broham
Geezer

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by Geezer »

Beat me to it, 99.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

They really have been terrible.
Broham
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Double doink
Broham
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Chiefs D has given up 48 points over the last 5 weeks.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kay jewelry commercial where the guy asks the kid for permission to marry his mom remains a creepy “wish him into the corn” moment during timeouts.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I as a Bears fan owe Chiefs fans an apology.
The team I support is JUNK! Because of that, I believe the Chiefs were somewhat lulled to sleep last night.
I do root for the Chiefs so my concern is that the Chiefs basically had a scrimmage last night and they weren't tested. I want them to be amped up for the playoffs and beating the Bears is a W no matter how you slice it but it's not really something I feel is worthy of anything more than a pat on the back.
The Chiefs defense played great but let's be honest, the Bears offense blows whale dick. I hope the Chiefs didn't gain a false sense of defensive excellence because of last night's game. I think they should feel good but I hope it's subdued optimism and they realize they went up against a garbage offense.
I am hoping for and looking forward to a Chiefs/Ravens AFC Championship and hoping the Chiefs go on to win the Super Bowl.
Good luck Chiefs fans! I hope it happens!
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:34 pmDouble doink
Fortunately, I was able to do this in college on a few occasions.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Chiefs are slowly becoming the team no one wants to face.

Baltimore has had a fantastic December, but I think the Chiefs are playing the most complete ball of anyone else.

7-1 on the road. A collapse In Tennessee away from 8-0. And losses at home when just plain not healthy.

Defense is becoming a strong suit, but offense can easily win any shootout. Mahomes playing much smarter. They’ve won quite a few games without the big play. Last night, the longest play was something like 20 yards. They methodically destroyed the Bears.

But defense just has some aggressive dogs now. Secondary has been good. DL has lost multiple guys, still a dominating force. LB are solid enough.

ST while not flashy, has been one of the league’s best. No touchdowns to show for it, but don’t give up plays, Butker has been damn good and Colquitt is still good at pinning teams deep.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Last night was the first time Mahomes has looked right since pre-ankle Jacksonville. If that form holds, the Chiefs are the best team in the NFL. Having to win @NE and @BAL in subsequent weekends is a tall task (and - securing the #3 seed matter. BAL is much better than NE, so I'd rather face NE coming off a bye than BAL).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Whatever happens with the Chiefs, it’s going to be absolutely epic. 810 could sell subscriptions after the last Chiefs game this season.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:02 pm Whatever happens with the Chiefs, it’s going to be absolutely epic. 810 could sell subscriptions after the last Chiefs game this season.
I hope you’re right. I could just as easily see them losing 10-6 in the first round of the playoffs.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:40 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:02 pm Whatever happens with the Chiefs, it’s going to be absolutely epic. 810 could sell subscriptions after the last Chiefs game this season.
I hope you’re right. I could just as easily see them losing 10-6 in the first round of the playoffs.

Huh? You can see KC losing 10-6 in the first round of the playoffs?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:37 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:40 pm

Huh? You can see KC losing 10-6 in the first round of the playoffs?
Yes, I could see them laying an egg and failing to score a touchdown.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Thank you NFL for keeping the Chiefs game in the early slot while moving Titans to late game.

If Chiefs win, game won’t matter to Texans.

#1 Chiefs fan right here
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It seems like the single most likely outcome is for them to just get beat by the Ravens. That’s not a very satisfying outcome, particularly if they don’t play poorly.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I’m thinking if the Chiefs play at their best and so do the Ravens I would give the edge to the Chiefs.
For the Chiefs that margin is razor thin but I’m inclined to believe that the only team that can beat the Chiefs is themselves.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Please explain why you feel the Chiefs "at their best" are better than the Ravens "at their best".
I'm not saying they are not but my guess is most Ravens fans and half of NFL fans would tell you the Ravens "at their best" are better than the Chiefs "at their best".
Here is a crazy thought that I hope doesn't come true, I have a bad feeling we won't see one of those two teams in the AFC Championship.

On a side note, the Packers (who two weeks ago I felt were not a great team by any stretch of my imagination) all of a sudden very well may be the best team in the NFC.
The fact that there is a possibility we could see the Titans playing the Eagles in the Super Bowl is mind blowing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sparko wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:05 pm Kay jewelry commercial where the guy asks the kid for permission to marry his mom remains a creepy “wish him into the corn” moment during timeouts.
Lol, good take. That commercial is weird.

“...but before I pop the question, tell me: what’s the baby daddy situation like?”