2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 141

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by Deleted User 141 »

The fact that there is a possibility we could see the Titans playing the Eagles in the Super Bowl is mind blowing.
[/quote]

Sounds good to me.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Grandma wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:06 am Please explain why you feel the Chiefs "at their best" are better than the Ravens "at their best".
I'm not saying they are not but my guess is most Ravens fans and half of NFL fans would tell you the Ravens "at their best" are better than the Chiefs "at their best".
Here is a crazy thought that I hope doesn't come true, I have a bad feeling we won't see one of those two teams in the AFC Championship.

On a side note, the Packers (who two weeks ago I felt were not a great team by any stretch of my imagination) all of a sudden very well may be the best team in the NFC.
The fact that there is a possibility we could see the Titans playing the Eagles in the Super Bowl is mind blowing.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401127953
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Chiefs beat the Ravens back in September. Great! What if I said that game was in Arrowhead where the Chiefs wouldnt be playing the Ravens. What if I said that Lamar Jackson has thrown for 23 touchdowns and run for 800 yards since then. What if I said the Ravens havent lost since September beating multiple playoff teams including a 41-7 win versus a team the Chiefs lost to. What if I said the Ravens are sitting their players in week 17 because theyve already wrapped up the overall 1 seed? I guess it might not matter what I say but it might matter to the Chiefs who might have to play the overall 1 seed in Baltimore. We will see what happens!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:16 am The Chiefs beat the Ravens back in September. Great! What if I said that game was in Arrowhead where the Chiefs wouldnt be playing the Ravens. What if I said that Lamar Jackson has thrown for 23 touchdowns and run for 800 yards since then. What if I said the Ravens havent lost since September beating multiple playoff teams including a 41-7 win versus a team the Chiefs lost to. What if I said the Ravens are sitting their players in week 17 because theyve already wrapped up the overall 1 seed? I guess it might not matter what I say but it might matter to the Chiefs who might have to play the overall 1 seed in Baltimore. We will see what happens!
Objectively, the Ravens have clearly been the better team over the course of the season. There are many subjective reasons supporting the positions that (a) the Chiefs' A-game is better than the Ravens', and (b) the Chiefs are getting close to their A-game.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

And further, the Raven's schedule was pretty easy for many weeks. The biggest difference between the teams remaining is the schedule they played and when they played certain teams. KC had a front-loaded schedule that helped induce a number of injuries. The Chiefs may close out with six straight wins and a healthy line-up. Ingram's injury looked pretty bad to me. The Chiefs can now afford to come after Jackson. It is what you have to do to win.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:42 am
pdub wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:16 am The Chiefs beat the Ravens back in September. Great! What if I said that game was in Arrowhead where the Chiefs wouldnt be playing the Ravens. What if I said that Lamar Jackson has thrown for 23 touchdowns and run for 800 yards since then. What if I said the Ravens havent lost since September beating multiple playoff teams including a 41-7 win versus a team the Chiefs lost to. What if I said the Ravens are sitting their players in week 17 because theyve already wrapped up the overall 1 seed? I guess it might not matter what I say but it might matter to the Chiefs who might have to play the overall 1 seed in Baltimore. We will see what happens!
Objectively, the Ravens have clearly been the better team over the course of the season. There are many subjective reasons supporting the positions that (a) the Chiefs' A-game is better than the Ravens', and (b) the Chiefs are getting close to their A-game.
Not certain if you knew that post was from my inner gutter but I tried.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:18 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:02 pm Whatever happens with the Chiefs, it’s going to be absolutely epic. 810 could sell subscriptions after the last Chiefs game this season.
It seems like the single most likely outcome is for them to just get beat by the Ravens. That’s not a very satisfying outcome, particularly if they don’t play poorly.
And 810 will be epic the next morning.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:06 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:42 am
Not certain if you knew that post was from my inner gutter but I tried.
Captured the groove quite well, along with the requisite number of "I", "me" and "my" references.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

What if I told you the Chiefs, for the better part of the game dominated the Ravens without Fisher or Hill. Narrative can go both ways. While the Ravens have been consistent throughout the course of the year you could make the case there isn't any team right now playing better than the Chiefs.

You give me the way the defense is playing right now and a full firing offense of Hill, Watkins, Kelce and Mahomes that combination can beat anyone anywhere.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Eli looking like he'll be done in New York.

He's perhaps the most polarizing player ever in terms of Canton.

Career Yards: 7th all time
Career TD's: 7th all time
Passer Rating: 84.1 same as Flacco
4 Pro Bowl's
0 All-Pro teams
2 Super Bowl MVP's

He'll probably go in, but two sides could debate that forever with no concessions.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He'll be a fringe guy that I think gets in. And no matter what side that you argue for, you're right in that argument.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:32 am Eli looking like he'll be done in New York.

He's perhaps the most polarizing player ever in terms of Canton.

Career Yards: 7th all time
Career TD's: 7th all time
Passer Rating: 84.1 same as Flacco
4 Pro Bowl's
0 All-Pro teams
2 Super Bowl MVP's

He'll probably go in, but two sides could debate that forever with no concessions.
I think he gets in, but I wouldn’t vote for him. He’s never been a Top 5 QB in any season he played.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Never a question of if Eli gets in. He played for the Giants. The New York media wins these kinds of battles. Namath is case in point. He completed less than half his passes and threw more interceptions than TDs in his Super Bowl year. In fact, he thew 47 more interceptions than TD passes over his career and was a 50/50 on completions his whole career.
Deleted User 141

lol
Last edited by Deleted User 141 on Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deleted User 141

Gqcolorado wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:27 pm Denver sports radio all talking about whether Elway makes the final cut for NFL 100 team.

I think he’s going to make it past the cuts, but if he does get left off, I’ll laugh, a lot.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Marcus Peters 3 years and 42 million.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hes a top 10 corner and the Chiefs let him go.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:00 pm Hes a top 10 headcase and the Chiefs let him go.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hes playing at an all pro level.
I havent heard him being problematic for the Ravens--hes come in and ignited that defense.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs two score favorites.
Rivers under over ints set at 1.5.