Iraqi militiamen breach U.S. embassy

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Iraqi militiamen breach U.S. embassy

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:49 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:39 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:37 pm It's unfortunate when you allow your dislike for Trump to make you dumb.
It has been the exact fear people have warned about with Trump since before the election. How is it dumb? It was predicted.
It has no basis in reality.

Qassem Soleimani was LITERALLY responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American servicemen in Iraq as well as the current unrest among the militias he supports, funds, and arms.

His death is an UNALLOYED good and the inevitable response that American forces had promised/warned of for days.

The idea that it was Trump's emotional response to a tweet is simple-minded, insulting the American military leadership, and beneath you -- or at least, I thought it was. My mistake.
Hasn't Trump been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Iranian civilians and servicemen in Iran as well as the current unrest in Iraq? Are you therefor saying that his assassination by Iran would be justified?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:00 am
japhy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:55 am You people are losing perspective here. My tax breaks are safe and the economy is still going strong today. My daughters are not in the military so I got no skin in this war game. We won the battle of Baghdad airport, wave the flag, USA! USA! USA! It's great to no longer see our president apologizing to other countries, just kicking some ass!

tiny went to military perp school and business school. He has been successful at every new adventurous endeavor he has thrown himself into. It's not like when Rummy and Cheney were in the WH. We don't have to worry about getting lead into a war by idiots who have no end game in mind. His results so far speak for themselves, he has eliminated the military threat in N Korea, Obummer couldn't do that. Iran is going to be easy. This stable genius is a successful pragmatic businessman and he will run our war machine the same way he ran his businesses, with an eye for making himself more wealthy. That will trickle down as dividends for all of us.

I think we have to continue to put our trust; much as our lord and savior Jesus Christ has, in tiny until he does something that shows us he can't be trusted.

Seriously, what could go wrong?
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that I’m sensing some sarcasm here.
Nope, Japhy loves his tax cuts.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

When the resident pro-life guy gloats about how someone’s death is an UNALLOYED good, lulz
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Didnt we leave our allies to die in Syria because we wanted to get out of this whole mess and get our troops home and weren't GOP voters in full support of that?

So now GOP voters are in full support of assassinating an Iranian official while killing 6 others as collateral damage in likely violation of international human rights laws while sending thousands of additional US troops to the region?!? What in the actual fuck?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Hey, sometimes the Deep State is right!

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:25 am Didnt we leave our allies to die in Syria because we wanted to get out of this whole mess and get our troops home and weren't GOP voters in full support of that?

So now GOP voters are in full support of assassinating an Iranian official while killing 6 others as collateral damage in likely violation of international human rights laws while sending thousands of additional US troops to the region?!? What in the actual fuck?
Count me among those who are shaking their heads and wondering what the heck is going on. Very sad day.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:35 pm What's interesting is that DC is so gleeful about this.

I'm not gleeful about this at all.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

kubowler99 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:37 am At the end of the day, we ASSASSINATED a sovereign nation's military leader on foreign soil. That, in and of itself, is troubling. This wasn't a rogue terrorist like Bin Laden.

How would the US respond if Iran had assassinated one of our Joint Chiefs?

To me, this seems like a US Declaration of War, done without ANY congressional approval that we know of.

Not good.
We killed a legitimate military target in a country where we are legally (under both Iraqi and American law) conducting military operations (authorized by President Barack Obama), while he was there planning operations against our soldiers.

Get a grip.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:03 am
Mjl wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:39 pm

It has been the exact fear people have warned about with Trump since before the election. How is it dumb? It was predicted.

Qassem Soleimani was LITERALLY responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American servicemen in Iraq as well as the current unrest among the militias he supports, funds, and arms.

His death is an UNALLOYED good and the inevitable response that American forces had promised/warned of for days.

The idea that it was Trump's emotional response to a tweet is simple-minded, insulting the American military leadership, and beneath you -- or at least, I thought it was. My mistake.
Hasn't Trump been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Iranian civilians and servicemen in Iran as well as the current unrest in Iraq? Are you therefor saying that his assassination by Iran would be justified?
What are you talking about? What Iranians is Trump responsible for killing?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:07 am When the resident pro-life guy gloats about how someone’s death is an UNALLOYED good, lulz
Thread:

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:52 am

Sorry, I meant Iraqi. Or Syrian. Or....
You can pretty much throw a dart at a map of the Middle East and it's likely that or decades of war over there have created in the killing of soldiers and civilians from that country.

That's the damn point. They think WE are the terrorists and by our definition of it, they have a valid argument.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:25 am Didnt we leave our allies to die in Syria because we wanted to get out of this whole mess and get our troops home and weren't GOP voters in full support of that?

THIS is a perfect response: totally devoid of fact, ignorant of background, and completely emotional.

We have troops in Iraq. They are there because they were sent there by...wait for it...Barack Obama.

Of the roughly 5000 American forces in Iraq, 3500 were sent by Obama to help restore stability and defend the government against ISIS (after he removed the bulk of US troops in 2010 and 2011). Trump removed 1000 troops from Syria and you spent the next several weeks shitting little rings around yourself. He hasn't removed troops from Iraq and now you're shitting little rings around yourself because he's chosen to defend them against aggression from a foreign state.

Separate and distinct from the question of whether or not the killing of Soleimani was the best military move at this point, you people are fucking insane, driven completely nuts by your hatred of Trump.
Last edited by DCHawk1 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 am
You can pretty much throw a dart at a map of the Middle East and it's likely that or decades of war over there have created in the killing of soldiers and civilians from that country.

That's the damn point. They think WE are the terrorists and by our definition of it, they have a valid argument.
A. read the Twitter thread above
B. There is a reason we don't publicize American presidents' travels to war zones
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:10 am

THIS is a perfect response: totally devoid of fact, ignorant of background, and completely emotional.

We have troops in Iraq. They are there because they were sent there by...wait for it...Barack Obama.

Of the roughly 5000 American forces in Iraq, 3500 were sent by Obama to help restore stability and defend the government against ISIS (after he removed the bulk of US troops in 2010 and 2011). Trump removed 1000 troops from Syria and you spent the next several weeks shitting little rings around yourself. He hasn't removed troops from Iraq and now you're shitting little rings around yourself because he's chosen to defend them against aggression from a foreign state.

Separate and distinct from the question of whether or not the killing of Soleimani was the best military move at this point, you people are fucking insane, driven completely nuts by your hatred of Trump.
He removed 1000 from Syria and left our allies to die because he allegedly wanted to bring our troops home. If it was some random deployment of troops called back home that didnt leave allies to die, I would have zero problem with it. We have recalled about 2,000 troops from Afghanistan so far this year. Have I made one complaint about that? Nope, because I fully support it.

He recalled the troops from Syria not to actually being our troops home. He subsequently rented about 3,000 of them out to the Saudis a day later. You can draw your own conclusions about how much Russia benefitted from those troop withdrawals.

And he didnt just "not remove" troops from Iraq. He send 750 MORE over there after the embassy mess and will no doubt have to deploy even more after this assassination.

If you say you want to recall troops then dont keep sending MORE troops over there.

If you say you want to deescalate things then dont assassinate one of the top military leaders of a batshit crazy hostile country.

How is this complicated?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Read some interesting theorizing by an American who lives in Europe, who wondered if someone inside Iran wanted Soleimani gone, by sending him out of home territory where he would be untouchable, onto foreign soil. In some Iranian rival's eyes, would that make it easier for things like removing sanctions, getting rid of the gung-ho guy who was known for killing? Noted that it would have been easy for us to get the message to Soleimani to take the next plane home, where he would be untouchable, unlike being on foreign soil in Iraq.

But the bait offered to Trump was too tempting not to take, as those back in Iran would have known it would be.
Don't inject Lysol.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

i tHinK tRUMp iS an IRaniAN aSseT!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:11 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 am

A. read the Twitter thread above
B. There is a reason we don't publicize American presidents' travels to war zones
A. We all agree he was a world class scumbag and that none except his mother will cry over his death. It doesnt change the consequences of what we did. I hope it doesnt result in the deaths of many more US soldiers but I have concerns that it will.

B. No shit. But again, spraying a hornet's nest because one stung you has consequences, even if the hornet "deserved it".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

seahawk wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:24 am Read some interesting theorizing by an American who lives in Europe, who wondered if someone inside Iran wanted Soleimani gone, by sending him out of home territory where he would be untouchable, onto foreign soil. In some Iranian rival's eyes, would that make it easier for things like removing sanctions, getting rid of the gung-ho guy who was known for killing? Noted that it would have been easy for us to get the message to Soleimani to take the next plane home, where he would be untouchable, unlike being on foreign soil in Iraq.

But the bait offered to Trump was too tempting not to take, as those back in Iran would have known it would be.
Why would he be untouchable on Iranian soil? We have admitted to targeting him and killing him. I doubt the Iranians are thinking "well, we're OK with this since it didnt happen in Iran".
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:28 am
B. No shit. But again, spraying a hornet's nest because one stung you has consequences, even if the hornet "deserved it".
Yes. And not spraying it has consequences as well.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I think you are missing the point here. That was before the election was in play.

Now let's pardon some more convicted war criminals and get them out there on the rally circuit and toss some red meat to the rabid trumpublicans!

tiny's ego needs servicing!

DC can't do this all by his lonesome.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.