Re: Iraqi militiamen breach U.S. embassy

Post by TDub »

Wut?
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:39 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:31 am So what did the other 8 people killed by the US do to deserve being murdered?

Not sure, who were they and why were they with QS? 3 of them appear to be Hezbollah and one Iraqi militia leader. So.....not great people so far.
This is "wut?"

I am not a religious man but I take "thou shall not kill" very seriously. We may have killed someone whose sole role in anything nefarious was being some dude's driver. That troubles me.

Frankly, this whole thing troubles me and it has nothing to do with who ordered it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ok. And who says I dont take it seriously? I think we just entered a fairly difficult situation. Where did I even say anything about it? I took issue with people calling our military and intelligence incompetent.

I do think QS and his associates were not good men and who were responsible for thousands of deaths. Hezbollah, bad news, Iraqi militia, bad news.

Answer seriously. If Obama had made this decision would your response be the same? Or more measured? Be real. That's my only point. People are reacting based on their feelings about the president NOT on the actual events.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

This was done because of some alleged plot to do something, not because something already done. If I had more information about this alleged plot then maybe I'd feel differently. If the identical thing happened and I had the same amount of info as to why and it was ordered by Obama, I would feel the same as I do now.

Murdering people because they might do something bad doesnt sit well with me. If they truly have actionable Intel that an imminent danger was faced then I'll reluctant move on with a queasy stomach. But if they are mocking up some fake story to justify their action then I have a serious problem with that. And based on the ten million lies told by this administration to date, I do not think that's an unbelieveable possibility.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TDub wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:48 pm Ok. And who says I dont take it seriously? I think we just entered a fairly difficult situation. Where did I even say anything about it? I took issue with people calling our military and intelligence incompetent.

I do think QS and his associates were not good men and who were responsible for thousands of deaths. Hezbollah, bad news, Iraqi militia, bad news.

Answer seriously. If Obama had made this decision would your response be the same? Or more measured? Be real. That's my only point. People are reacting based on their feelings about the president NOT on the actual events.
Two coach is answering seriously. I remember how outraged he was at the fact that the Navy seals also killed Osama bin laden's son Siham and three others. He went on about it for days.

He also went on about it for days and days and days -- indeed, he is still quite broken up about it -- when Obama ordered the extra-judicial assassination of American citizen Anwar al-Awlaki and his 16 year-old American citizen son Abdulrahman.

This is absolutely, one hundred percent NOT about Trump. At all. Evar.

He swears.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:15 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:48 pm Ok. And who says I dont take it seriously? I think we just entered a fairly difficult situation. Where did I even say anything about it? I took issue with people calling our military and intelligence incompetent.

Two coach is answering seriously. I remember how outraged he was at the fact that the Navy seals also killed Osama bin laden's son Siham and three others. He went on about it for days.

He also went on about it for days and days and days -- indeed, he is still quite broken up about it -- when Obama ordered the extra-judicial assassination of American citizen Anwar al-Awlaki and his 16 year-old American citizen son Abdulrahman.

He swears.
This site didnt even exist when the raid to kill UBL happened you pompous asshole.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Soleimani, earlier this year:

The dissemination of the culture of sacrifice and martyrdom plays an influential role and has a very positive impact on the dimensions of conduct, morality, and nationalism in Islamic society... The [idea of] defending the holy sites was born in the school of the Sacred Defense [i.e. the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war]... Death is the martyr's graduation ceremony. In reality, God is awarding him the prize of martyrdom for his efforts. The [Islamic] exegetes connect knowledge of God, which is the main knowledge, with martyrdom, and believe that anyone attaining martyrdom has reached the main knowledge and becomes a true believer...

What he's referring to here (martyrdom in the school of the Sacred Defense) is the Basij-IRGC use of the ''Sar Allah,'' (i.e. ''Warriors of God'') in the Iran-Iraq war. The sar Allah were the 12-16 year-old boys whom the Iranian regime "recruited," tied together, and then used to clear mines or barbed-wire installations, in front of advancing troops. As the commander of the IRCG's 41st Thrarallah Division, Soleimani was intimately familiar with the use of these martyrs and found them so effective that he continued and encouraged their use in Lebanon and Syria.

But by all means, we should worry that he didn't DO anything yet.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:45 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:15 pm

He swears.
This site didnt even exist when the raid to kill UBL happened you pompous asshole.
But yer still all broke up, right?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:01 pm This was done because of some alleged plot to do something, not because something already done. If I had more information about this alleged plot then maybe I'd feel differently. If the identical thing happened and I had the same amount of info as to why and it was ordered by Obama, I would feel the same as I do now.

Murdering people because they might do something bad doesnt sit well with me. If they truly have actionable Intel that an imminent danger was faced then I'll reluctant move on with a queasy stomach. But if they are mocking up some fake story to justify their action then I have a serious problem with that. And based on the ten million lies told by this administration to date, I do not think that's an unbelieveable possibility.
So QS wasnt responsible for attacks on US citizens and bases? Hadnt been behind the killing of hundreds (thousands?) of people over the last several years? All the Intel is wrong?
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TDub wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:54 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:01 pm This was done because of some alleged plot to do something, not because something already done. If I had more information about this alleged plot then maybe I'd feel differently. If the identical thing happened and I had the same amount of info as to why and it was ordered by Obama, I would feel the same as I do now.

So QS wasnt responsible for attacks on US citizens and bases? Hadnt been behind the killing of hundreds (thousands?) of people over the last several years? All the Intel is wrong?
tHIs siTE didN't evEn EXiST wHeN SOLEimni kiLLeD AmEriCans, buTTHolE! tHEreFOre it DOesN'T couNT!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

buttholes are a lot funnier when half the word is in caps lock.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I know, right?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:54 pm

Trump said he did but Trump also said (input 5,000 pages of verified Trump lies here).

After the announced Syrian withdrawal that left our allies to die, we listened to weeks of GOP supporters here railing on and on and on about how the US is not the world police to deal with all the world's bad guys. Because that's what Trump said?

And now, we have an obligation to be the world's piece to deliver swift, unmitigated justice to the world's bad guys. And now you're OK with that. Because that's what Trump said?

So which is it? Because it seems a bit hypocritical.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

As someone who remembers the Hostage Crisis vividly, this really doesn’t bother me.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

YAAAAASSSSSSSS!

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:30 am You may not like trump but dont badmouth our entire military and special intelligence sectors with your trump hate driven lies.
isn’t that pretty much exactly what drumpf has, and continues to do?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

why didn’t we assassinate assad?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:00 pm YAAAAASSSSSSSS!

It’s funny because it’s true.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

TDub wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:30 am You may not like trump but dont badmouth our entire military and special intelligence sectors with your trump hate driven lies.
That came from someone who'd served in the special intelligence sector.
Don't inject Lysol.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:32 aminSAnE
Insane Is having to read your chickenhawk bullshit, trying to act as if you're some kind of military expert when we all know you would never deign to put on a uniform.
Don't inject Lysol.