Iraqi militiamen breach U.S. embassy

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Iraqi militiamen breach U.S. embassy

Post by TDub »

Susan Rice told Rachel Maddow that Obama wouldve authorized this strike had the opportunity presented itself. So. I ask again. Would your reaction have been the same if this had happened in 2015?
Just Ledoux it
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Here's what she said, according to Fox News:

“Had we been presented such an opportunity, what we would have done is weigh very carefully and very deliberately the risks versus the potential rewards,” Rice told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow.

In a separate interview Friday, Rice told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that “during my tenure as national security advisor we didn’t have the opportunity to my knowledge.”

And this:

“So, if in fact the administration can be believed that there was indeed strong intelligence of an imminent threat against the United States that’s being carried out by Soleimani and related militia then the question becomes [was] there more than one way to address that threat?” she told Maddow. “Was the only way to deal with it to kill Soleimani? Certainly, given his history and track record, he deserves his just rewards but the question is does that serve our interests? Does that make us more secure?”

https://www.foxnews.com/media/obama-adm ... -rice-says
Last edited by seahawk on Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

you didnt answer the question.
Just Ledoux it
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I don't answer questions based on obvious lies.
Don't inject Lysol.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:26 am Susan Rice told Rachel Maddow that Obama wouldve authorized this strike had the opportunity presented itself. So. I ask again. Would your reaction have been the same if this had happened in 2015?
I would definitely react differently. Obama was hesitant to start international incidents to a fault - see the empty threat against Assad. He also didn't have a history of thin-skinned irrational lashing out whenever insulted, like Trump does. I would assume based on those that if the Obama administration did this, it would be for damned good reason.

We have no idea how the decision here went down. But Trump's history has me more concerned over this than I would be if Obama did it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

seahawk wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:12 pm I don't answer questions based on obvious lies.
Huh?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:30 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:26 am Susan Rice told Rachel Maddow that Obama wouldve authorized this strike had the opportunity presented itself. So. I ask again. Would your reaction have been the same if this had happened in 2015?
I would definitely react differently. Obama was hesitant to start international incidents to a fault - see the empty threat against Assad. He also didn't have a history of thin-skinned irrational lashing out whenever insulted, like Trump does. I would assume based on those that if the Obama administration did this, it would be for damned good reason.

We have no idea how the decision here went down. But Trump's history has me more concerned over this than I would be if Obama did it.
That's all reasonable. I'm mainly asking seahawk and twocoach because they are angry about things that wouldve happened no matter who made the actual kill decision.

I think the world is better off without QS. I have concerns with how it happened, and I have concerns about our preparation for the next move.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I have already answered this but you dont seem to accept my answer. It depends on the transparency of the justification. If they provided no more details than what Trump has provided then no, I wouldnt feel any differently.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:18 pm
I have already answered this but you dont seem to accept my answer. It depends on the transparency of the justification. If they provided no more details than what Trump has provided then no, I wouldnt feel any differently.
What if they took his body and dumped it in the ocean before anyone could look at it?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

And speaking of Obama and his excellent foreign policy including the death of dick taters, which made Hillary giggle:

How's that Libya thing working out?

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:21 pm And speaking of Obama and his excellent foreign policy including the death of dick taters, which made Hillary giggle:

How's that Libya thing working out?

Stop distracting from the oUTrAge!

“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:20 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:18 pm
What if they took his body and dumped it in the ocean before anyone could look at it?
And again, we already were fully aware of the justification behind the killing of UBL years before the raid that killed him.

In the case of QS, I am being asked to take the word of a pathological liar. I know you understand the difference and are just looking to score some zippy zinger points but that is the difference to me; not who was President when it happened.

I think I have been clear and consistent in my explanation of this.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Right. You are expecting someone to compensate for your ignorance of Soleimani and of the regime he served.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Leawood

Post by Leawood »

The burial at sea was to prevent what we are now going to see. An elaborate burial of a martyr that will turn into a shrine.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Leawood wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:41 pm The burial at sea was to prevent what we are now going to see. An elaborate burial of a martyr that will turn into a shrine.
I know. And I am glad we did it then. O'course if Trump had done so, twocoach would be inconsolable.

As it is, he doesn't quite understand why anyone anywhere would want this nice looking man with the sexy salt-n-pepper beard no longer to be directing the Quds force....

Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Sad thing is this actually made me laugh.

"Iran has since placed an $80million bounty on Trump's head and threatened to attack the White House in response to the president's warning that any strike on American interests in the region will bring massive retaliation".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:31 pm
Leawood wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:41 pm The burial at sea was to prevent what we are now going to see. An elaborate burial of a martyr that will turn into a shrine.
I know. And I am glad we did it then. O'course if Trump had done so, twocoach would be inconsolable.

As it is, he doesn't quite understand why anyone anywhere would want this nice looking man with the sexy salt-n-pepper beard no longer to be directing the Quds force....

Kaepernick looks dumber every time he speaks. Not everything happening in the world has to do with race, sexism, or social injustice.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

So who got promoted?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:12 pm So who got promoted?
I'm sure it will be someone who loves and respects the United States and believes in democracy as the linchpin of civilization.