Iraqi militiamen breach U.S. embassy

Ugh.
Deleted User 62

Re: Iraqi militiamen breach U.S. embassy

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:40 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:17 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:15 amGood grief.
worse than “i’d rather be russian than a democrat”?
Nothing bad about that.
This is how far we have fallen.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Wait.

Are we talkin' "democrat" or "Democrat"?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

yes
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:04 pm
Wait.

Are we talkin' "democrat" or "Democrat"?
actually, you should ask the trumpalos that we’re wearing the shirts which they meant
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:38 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:41 pm

Nope. But bad.
may I ask why?

cuuuz if you feel you have a lot in common with billionaires, well...jelly!

Because it's soooooo deep and thought provoking. Please, its a puff piece slogan meant to get views and create outrage, but has no substance.

Pick any country in the world and it's still accurate. But, I also probably have more in common with a golden retriever than I do a billionaire. So what? Not relevant. If you woukdnt have posted that a week ago then its dumb to post it now. Just done so (not you per se, but maybe) to show how thoughtful you are, get likes, and be "woke"....(altho I loathe that saying its accurate in this instance).
Just Ledoux it
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Make America Great Again.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

first of all bro, Fox and Friends already said that woke ain't happening.

second of all, for real, my bad if it struck you as just creating outrage with no substance. It just struck me as an interesting comment on war in a socioeconomic sense.

and thanks for your comments too. Pick any country in the world and it IS still accurate. We're all human beings. If only we could all be as well behaved as the average golden retriever, but alas.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Rand Paul: diplomacy is off the table, the only option is military escalation.

...yet for some reason I doubt Rand would be ready to go fight...cuz that G.I. helmet might, you know, mess up his hair...
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:08 am Rand Paul: diplomacy is off the table, the only option is military escalation.
Gosh, so it isn't just "conservative" republicans who have repudiated nearly their entire economic, rule of law, and foreign policy principles in service to Trump and political power, but "libertarians", too?

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:01 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:40 pm

Nothing bad about that.
This is how far we have fallen.
I’ve liked all of the Russians I’ve ever met. Can’t say the same for the Dems I know.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:59 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:08 am Rand Paul: diplomacy is off the table, the only option is military escalation.
Gosh, so it isn't just "conservative" republicans who have repudiated nearly their entire economic, rule of law, and foreign policy principles in service to Trump and political power, but "libertarians", too?
WTF is wrong with you?

If you'd bother to read anything other than your twitter feed, you'd probably know that this comment was part of Paul's CRITICISM of the administration and his dismissal of Pompeo's reasoning as nonsensical.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

This thread has made it abundantly clear that much like boxing the politics board should have weight classes....watching twocoach argue (ad nauseum) trying to go toe to toe with DC the last few days was comical and 99% of the reason I made another account.

There are people like DC and others (many of them Dems) on here who clearly have more than a basic understanding of politics/foreign policy/world history that all provide nuanced opinions on various topics (that I both agree and disagree with at times).....but then you've got the illys/twocoaches/ousdahls of the world who just spew emotions and regurgitate things from the 4 paragraph article someone they follow linked to on twitter. It's not a fair fight when you're trying to argue up weight classes.

I didn't know shit about Solemani until we killed him. My guess is twocoach didn't either.

Trump is an idiot. I'd guess about 85% of the country agrees with that statement.

Do I think there was an imenent threat he was posing? No, not really....but I am not losing any sleep over him being killed. Maybe it was time we reminded Iran that we can and will take out their leaders if they continue to fuck with united states interests?.. it's so weird to watch people flail around defending Iran and Solemani because their hate for all things trump makes them completely unable to objectively think about ANYTHING nowadays.
Deleted User 62

How would everyone feel if one of our US top generals were killed in this fashion?
Deleted User 295

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:31 pm How would everyone feel if one of our US top generals were killed in this fashion?
We aren't Iran.

It's not apples to apples.

And honestly, if they had the chance or capability, I'm sure they'd have done the same to us.
Deleted User 62

But they do have chance and capability.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:00 pm But they do have chance and capability.
Really?

Do tell.

If one of our "top generals" was also a designated international terrorist; and if one of our "top generals" happened to be in a country in which Iran had a declared war (or authorization of force) and in which it had that government's permission to house troops; and if one of our "top generals" was in that country specifically to arm and advise Iran's enemies and to fund their attacks on Iranian troops and diplomatic non-combatants; and if Iran then decided to kill that general, either for crimes already committed or for crimes in the planning stages, then I think one of our "top generals" would probably would have gotten what he fucking deserved.

Of course, neither you nor anyone else can name one of our "top generals" without the Google machine because we're not militant millenarian theocracy. And that means, in turn, that no one would mourn one of our "top generals" any longer than they would any other soldier.
Deleted User 295

Jeep needs to stay in the illy weightclass of the poli board with myself and twocoach. LOL