Ugh.
Deleted User 62

Re: Iraqi militiamen breach U.S. embassy

Post by Deleted User 62 »

You 2 make a cute couple.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So if a foreign adversary whacked one of our generals in a non-wartime aggression, we’d all shrug it off and say, “meh, we aren’t Iran.”
Deleted User 62

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:40 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:00 pm But they do have chance and capability.
Really?

Do tell.

If one of our "top generals" was also a designated international terrorist; and if one of our "top generals" happened to be in a country in which Iran had a declared war (or authorization of force) and in which it had that government's permission to house troops; and if one of our "top generals" was in that country specifically to arm and advise Iran's enemies and to fund their attacks on Iranian troops and diplomatic non-combatants; and if Iran then decided to kill that general, either for crimes already committed or for crimes in the planning stages, then I think one of our "top generals" would probably would have gotten what he fucking deserved.

Of course, neither you nor anyone else can name one of our "top generals" without the Google machine because we're not militant millenarian theocracy. And that means, in turn, that no one would mourn one of our "top generals" any longer than they would any other soldier.
So, you assume that Iran couldn't possibly have drone weaponry...nor could they find and identify a US General somewhere within their strike capabilities.

And I am not trying to score who the target is. It's easy to say that this guy was a more killable General, accurate in fact.

The Iranians feel differently, just as Americans would if it happened to us.

I am simply looking at the response from the Iranians is nearly identical to the response that we would have here. We would want an immediate and swift retaliation.
Deleted User 62

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:58 pm So if a foreign adversary whacked one of our generals in a non-wartime aggression, we’d all shrug it off and say, “meh, we aren’t Iran.”
Exactly.
Hey, am I in the same weight class as Ousdahl?
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:58 pm So if a foreign adversary whacked one of our generals in a non-wartime aggression, we’d all shrug it off and say, “meh, we aren’t Iran.”
LOL

wut?

Stick to fishing. You can't compare this guy to any of our American Generals. In fact, it's disrepectful to do so imo.

Iran isn't the United States.

When did so many of you become such big fans of Iran? Or is it just the whole an enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of thing caused by your never ending meltdown about Trump being president?
Deleted User 295

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:04 pm
Exactly.
Yes. You and me both. And turdcoach the Nebraska knowitall.
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:09 pm
Exactly.
And turdcoach the Nebraska knowitall.
Are you Gusher?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:03 pm

I am simply looking at the response from the Iranians is nearly identical to the response that we would have here. We would want an immediate and swift retaliation.
First, you don't know what the Iranian response is. You know what the Iranian state and the American mainstream press want you to think the Iranian response is. There are numerous accounts from people inside Iran, from analysts specializing in Iran, and even from less-hysterically-anti-Trump mainstream sources suggesting that the majority of Iranians -- who HATE their regime -- thought of Soleimani as a murderer and a terrorist.

Second, if you think Americans would react that way to the killing of one of our military generals, particularly in hostile country, then I think, perhaps, that you could use a little rest.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 295

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Exactly.
Are you Gusher?
Not that I'm aware of.

And why on earth do you STILL talk about a guy who is banned and can't respond to you? Grow up.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

"non-wartime"

I'm gonna has to lulz at you for that.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:17 pm
"non-wartime"

Did I miss a declaration from Congress?
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:17 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Are you Gusher?
Not that I'm aware of.

And why on earth do you STILL talk about a guy who is banned and can't respond to you? Grow up.
Wow, you seem pretty sensitive about it.
I don't remember you making cute names up for other posters, that's all.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:22 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:17 pm
"non-wartime"

Did I miss a declaration from Congress?
Three of them, in fact.

(Any of which could, be applicable, depending on the case made by the administration.)

O'course, we now call them Authorization(s) for the Use of Military Force (AUMF).

There's one from 2001, which authorizes the use of force against terrorists. This was initially meant to cover the 9/11 terrorists alone, but has been considered flexible. And Soleimani was a State Department-designated terrorist (dating to the Obama administration).

There's one from 2002, which authorizes the use of force in Iraq -- where American troops are still stationed and where Soleimani was killed.

And there's one from 2013, which authorizes the use of force to respond to the Syrian regime's use of chemical weapons; Soleimani was in charge of Iran's ONGOING efforts to aid and support the Assad regime, including the provision of weapons, soldiers, and other military support.
Deleted User 295

This is why Tyson Fury isn't allowed to fight Floyd Mayweather.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Exactly.
Says the guy who started a thread about the disintegration of common courtesy.
Deleted User 295

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Exactly.
Says the guy who started a thread about the disintegration of common courtesy.
Well, the main difference (and it's an important difference) is that I don't dislike you because of your political beliefs, I dislike you because you're a douchebag.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Charming. Right back at it I see. Fun.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Point of order:

Do you ask this question as a representative of the Illi/Ousdahl/twocoach contingency or are you attempting to move up a weight class?
Deleted User 295

See I don't talk to ckikn.

Different weight classes.

Now, where the fuck is plano?
Deleted User 62

Iran firing missiles as I type