Iraqi militiamen breach U.S. embassy

Ugh.
Geezer

Re: Iraqi militiamen breach U.S. embassy

Post by Geezer »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:25 pm
Geezer wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:52 am You think he wasn't acting under orders?
He'll be replaced and back to business.
Oops. Again.

If you didn't know.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/01/worl ... eaths.html
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

and?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:45 pm
Feral wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:36 pm Trump ftw!

DC in full. smh. After all these years, I never would have imagined how far you'd be willing to go to defend a person with the integrity of Trump. Congratulations. #winning

You're not going all Rman on us, are you? His posting eventually took a permanent dive.
Don't be Rman.

Have you considered taking a break?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

American troops as mercenaries?

How cool is that?

Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:38 pm
Feral wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:36 pm Trump ftw!

DC in full. smh. After all these years, I never would have imagined how far you'd be willing to go to defend a person with the integrity of Trump. Congratulations. #winning

You're not going all Rman on us, are you? His posting eventually took a permanent dive.
Don't be Rman.

lulz

If you can't tell the difference between defending Trump and calling out the Trump-like level to which soooo many on this board have sunk, then perhaps you could use the break?

Here's something to think about: the fact Trump did something doesn't automatically make it wrong.

Or maybe you've always been a fan of the Mullahs. I dunno.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:49 pm
Feral wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:38 pm

Don't be Rman.

lulz

If you can't tell the difference between defending Trump and calling out the Trump-like level to which soooo many on this board have sunk, then perhaps you could use the break?

Here's something to think about: the fact Trump did something doesn't automatically make it wrong.

Or maybe you've always been a fan of the Mullahs. I dunno.
So, you really believe what you've been posting, it's not an act.
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Am I in some sort of twilight zone?
Just Ledoux it
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TDub wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:02 pm Am I in some sort of twilight zone?
Welcome to the Poli Bored.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

They've lost their damn minds.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:56 pm So, you really believe what you've been posting, it's not an act.
Is that a yes or no on the Mullahs?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:04 pm
Im starting to wonder what color grass is and what color stop signs really are because it seems there is a whole other reality I've yet to explore..

Trump is a moron. But he has made otherwise smart people implode by doing something not completely awful. It presents this weird dichotomy where people spent 3 years investing in hating him because hes an idiot (he is) that when he does something not terrible it is a glitch in the programming. The decision is to say, hey, he did something that was ok.......ooorrrrrr, not be able to conjure those words and be forced to side with Iran. Hell, most of Iran doesnt even side with Iran.

Twilight. Zone.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

It's the human brain. It's flawed, but it's not twilight zone, it's exactly what you should expect, same as it was with Obama Derangement Syndrome.

There was a study where people were given the exact same description of a person, but the order of things in the description was different. Whatever was described earliest dictated the final impression of the person. So if you describe the person's good traits/behaviors first, the judger will excuse the bad stuff afterwards, and vice-versa. Once we're set in a way of thinking, we apply that knowledge to everything instead of evaluating new info at face value.

It's talked about in Thinking, Fast and Slow - I highly highly recommend it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:20 pm
Im starting to wonder what color grass is and what color stop signs really are because it seems there is a whole other reality I've yet to explore..

Trump is a moron. But he has made otherwise smart people implode by doing something not completely awful. It presents this weird dichotomy where people spent 3 years investing in hating him because hes an idiot (he is) that when he does something not terrible it is a glitch in the programming. The decision is to say, hey, he did something that was ok.......ooorrrrrr, not be able to conjure those words and be forced to side with Iran. Hell, most of Iran doesnt even side with Iran.

Twilight. Zone.
There's a difference between "Trump did something OK" and "the dumb thing that Trump did thankfully didn't result in us going to war because Iran showed some restraint".

As for folks trying to blame the downing of the airliner on Trump? Well that's just stupid.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:42 pm
seahawk wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:46 pm Image
Perhaps you missed Matt Gaetz's vote on the resolution to limit Trump's power to ramp up war with Iran without the approval of Congress.

I believe he mentioned the number of troops in his congressional district.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:56 am

Twilight. Zone.
There's a difference between "Trump did something OK" and "the dumb thing that Trump did thankfully didn't result in us going to war because Iran showed some restraint".

As for folks trying to blame the downing of the airliner on Trump? Well that's just stupid.
Iran showed some restraint, or maybe fear, or maybe both.

Trump also showed some restraint. If he really wanted to escalate further them attacking 2 of our bases would have been plenty to send him over the edge...and in real time many thought it would be, but he didn't retaliate. He let it slide.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Twilight. Zone.

I agree with the second part of that statement.

I dont think getting rid of a person like soleimani was dumb.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:07 am

Twilight. Zone.

Iran showed some restraint, or maybe fear, or maybe both.

Trump also showed some restraint. If he really wanted to escalate further them attacking 2 of our bases would have been plenty to send him over the edge...and in real time many thought it would be, but he didn't retaliate. He let it slide.
Once it was clear that the attack by Iran was designed not to kill, it would have been absurd to do so.

We're not to the point where we need to give credit to Trump for not being absurd, are we?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

So, the consensus appears to be that Iran intentionally shot the plane down? So if we figure out who gave the order to do so, would the correct move right now be for the US to assassinate that person?