Netflix - Haunting of Hill House

Coffee talk.
shindig

Netflix - Haunting of Hill House

Post by shindig »

Anybody watch this series yet? I've couple a couple episodes left...scary as shit at times and just freaking creapy. Pretty dang good though, I highly recommend if you like that kind of stuff.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Netflix - Haunting of Hill House

Post by jhawks99 »

I friend of mine did. He said it was good, scary, creepy, but about 7 hours too long.

I may have to check it out.
Broham
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Co-worker is watching it. Says they enjoy that it's not gory or anything. Just plain creepy and scary. I've seen some video clips, seems pretty wild.

Tough for me to watch with 3 kids under 7 around the house, but might have to give it a shot soon.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Wife and I watched the whole thing this week.

Really good.

I believe that I read that Stephen King described the book that it is based on as the perfect ghost story
shindig

Post by shindig »

I watched episodes 4-6 last night and by the end I was a bit freaked out...lol. My GF is out of town and she won't watch it, so I was home alone with my boxer. Afterwards I was kind of nervous sitting on my bed thinking I was going to see some creapy ass ghost reflection under my bed or something.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Thank you. I will not be watching that show.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

http://www.vulture.com/2018/10/the-haun ... hosts.html

Hidden ghosts in a lot of scenes. Co-worker who has watched it sent it to me.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:46 pm Thank you. I will not be watching that show.
I'm curious, why won't you watch? Shows like this really creep me out. I kinda want to see it, but I'll likely turn it off after 30 minutes.
Broham
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Some horror movies are so silly they are fun. You know, someone jumps out from behind something and we all jump. I will watch and enjoy those.
The ones that deal with the paranormal and seem realistic and then stay with you, I’m too chicken shit for those. I have enough stress to deal with without being scared to walk to by basement or wanting to sleep with the lights on.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Welp made it through the series last night and I'm still alive. Although a weird thing did happen last night. I finished watching about 9:30 and decided just to hit the sack. I know I turned the TV off because I got up after going to bed to make sure the front door was locked. Well then about 2:30 in the morning I wake up to take a piss and notice a light coming from the living room...the fvckin TV was on, no sound. Weird, I was a bit freaked about that. My boxer was laying on the living room sofa, but the remotes were all on the ottoman.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

They're baaaaaaaack.
Broham
shindig

Post by shindig »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:49 am http://www.vulture.com/2018/10/the-haun ... hosts.html

Hidden ghosts in a lot of scenes. Co-worker who has watched it sent it to me.
That's pretty cool. I'm sure I missed 90% of them while watching it. I'll have to go back and watch a few of the episodes.