Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:22 pm Government by the lowest common denominator is not what I prefer.
Thank you for helping guarantee four more years of Donald Trump. We, the lowest common denominator, are grateful for your support.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:28 pm
Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:22 pm Government by the lowest common denominator is not what I prefer.
Thank you for helping guarantee four more years of Donald Trump. We, the lowest common denominator, are grateful for your support.
Read much
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:15 pm Last I checked, a hillbilly’s vote counts exactly the same as one cast by a graduate of an Ivy League school living on the Upper East Side. Unchecked elitist attitudes like that - read: “basket of deplorables” - ended up costing Dowdy the White House in 2016, if memory serves.

Might wanna listen to Bubba and Sonny and Junior rather than roll your eyes, because they will vote in November, come Hell or high water.
Good lord. This has nothing to do with any of this. "Might wanna listen to" what? What is it that I personally need to listen to? You're absolutely right, their votes dont count for any more or less than that of the "hysterical" woman in that video, a boring suburbanites like me or anyone else.

They want better lives. Better jobs. Better opportunities. So do we all. We're all the same so quit bitching.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:28 pm
I doubt very highly that you have much in common with the folks he is referring to.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:51 pm I doubt very highly that you have much in common with the folks he is referring to.
twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:50 pm We're all the same so quit bitching.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Lulz. Mr. Spazztastic himself, the ramblin nebraskin, twocoach. In the flesh ladies and gentlemen.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:15 pm Last I checked, a hillbilly’s vote counts exactly the same as one cast by a graduate of an Ivy League school living on the Upper East Side. Unchecked elitist attitudes like that - read: “basket of deplorables” - ended up costing Dowdy the White House in 2016, if memory serves.

Might wanna listen to Bubba and Sonny and Junior rather than roll your eyes, because they will vote in November, come Hell or high water.
Well, if we wanted to get technical - a hillbilly's vote might not count exactly the same as one cast by a graduate of an Ivy League school living on the Upper East Side.
What state does the hillbilly live in? If he/she lives in Texas (or California) his/her vote might actually "count" more. If he/she lives in a state other than Texas or Florida, his/her vote might actually "count" less.
amiright?
Of course there is a difference between the words count and matter - so I'm probably not right.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Grandma wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:38 am

Well, if we wanted to get technical - a hillbilly's vote might not count exactly the same as one cast by a graduate of an Ivy League school living on the Upper East Side.
What state does the hillbilly live in? If he/she lives in Texas (or California) his/her vote might actually "count" more. If he/she lives in a state other than Texas or Florida, his/her vote might actually "count" less.
amiright?
Of course there is a difference between the words count and matter - so I'm probably not right.
Correct, you are not right. A vote in Texas or Florida counts less than a vote in, say, Wyoming or Idaho.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I'm not sure votes in small states count more than in the big states when you factor in the electoral college. I think the Founders got it right, though I may be disappointed in the results. I personally don't think New York/California should dictate nationwide elections.

I'm glad I don't live in Ohio or Florida. Missouri used to be a swing state. No longer.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Leawood wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:23 am I'm not sure votes in small states count more than in the big states when you factor in the electoral college. I think the Founders got it right, though I may be disappointed in the results. I personally don't think New York/California should dictate nationwide elections.

I'm glad I don't live in Ohio or Florida. Missouri used to be a swing state. No longer.
How do votes in small states not count more? Wyoming has 1/38th the population of California but gets 1/18th the electoral votes.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

amiright?
Could be. I was just pointing out that the Dems blow off the hillbilly vote at their peril. They should have learned that in 2016, but apparently not.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

This is from the same guy who disdains Waitresses.
Don't inject Lysol.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Wyoming has 3 electoral votes, out of how many available?

How many electoral votes does California have, out of how many available?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:13 am

amiright?
Could be. I was just pointing out that the Dems blow off the hillbilly vote at their peril. They should have learned that in 2016, but apparently not.
Again, noone seems to be blowing off anyone's votes except in your own head. But your rant is a well practiced one, easily repeatable, that we have all read here a dozen times.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Your reality is not reality. Or something like that. Saw it on another thread.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:24 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:13 am

amiright?
Again, noone seems to be blowing off anyone's votes except in your own head. But your rant is a well practiced one, easily repeatable, that we have all read here a dozen times.
Meh. I make a living reading between the lines, and there is a lot of contempt for the working man and woman around here, much of it implicit. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, that is perceived by the people in question as blowing off their votes. But, hey - I'm cool with the DNC continuing their current strategy. It worked out great for me in 2016.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Leawood wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:00 pm Wyoming has 3 electoral votes, out of how many available?

How many electoral votes does California have, out of how many available?
So half a million people in Wyoming divided by their percentage of electoral votes, compared to doing the same with California, amounts to a Wyomingan's vote being worth 55 times more than a Californian's if I did my math right (not likely).

The Senate is already over-represented by small states. And I get that the house counteracts that. But I think it's still too small-state-skewed for the executive branch. Maybe give 1elector per state instead of two or something.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:19 pm Your reality is not reality. Or something like that. Saw it on another thread.
Do you have any comments to offer to the actual conversation?