ksu is trash

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 289

Re: ksu is trash

Post by Deleted User 289 »

twocoach - You're right, I added some of my own take. I figure this photo alone could have a LOT to do with the Big 12 decision. You disagree. Duly noted.

I find it interesting that a lot of people on here feel differently than our coach and AD and seemingly don't take the time to realize the repercussions. Or perhaps just don't care.

“What happened is zero signs of toughness,” Self said, via Jesse Newell of the Kansas City Star. “It’s a sign of immaturity and selfishness more than toughness.”

Kansas athletic director Jeff Long released a statement on Tuesday night, too, saying that he will review the footage with Self, the Big 12 Conference and Kansas State.

“The conduct of a few of our student-athletes at the conclusion of tonight’s game vs. Kansas State was simply unacceptable and not reflective of who we are,” Long said in a statement, via Boone. “Coach Self and I will review the incident, along with the Big 12 Conference and Kansas State to determine the appropriate consequences. There is no place for this conduct in college athletes or here at KU. I would like to apologize to the Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University, [Kansas State athletic director] Gene Taylor, Bruce Weber and all fans for the lack of sportsmanship from members of our team this evening.”
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What do you expect those two public facing people to say?
Deleted User 289

I expect them to think about what they are supposed to say in the situation. Which they did. That's good.
Meanwhile, like I said, there are a bunch of people on this site who feel differently than Self and Long.
Good for them. Well, not really.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And there are a bunch of people that think differently?
I think all agree that it shows immaturity and selfishness.
I think all agree with everything in Longs statement too except apologizing to ksu.

fuck them.
Deleted User 289

Yes, sure seems to me there are some people on here who think differently. Or at least they expressed they did last night.
Oh well, today is a new a day and we will sit back and wait for the punishments that will be levied.
I'm left wondering if we will have to play our next game with 5 players, how long Silvio and DMac will be suspended for, who else may be suspended, what will happen to the KSU players (well, I guess I don't really care other than they deserve punishment), and what if any bearing this may have on Self and his possible/potential "show-cause order" that may be handed down - which I feel this shouldn't have any bearing because it's probably not relevant to the other issue/s.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

has it been mentioned that the steal and attempted layup would have, in and of itself been viewed as a slight? you don’t let the opposition, particularly the staties in this situation, disrespect you in your house. Silvio wasn’t having it. i’m 100% ok with everything that happened from KU’s side up until the statie players came rushing in
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:20 am has it been mentioned that the steal and attempted layup would have, in and of itself been viewed as a slight? you don’t let the opposition, particularly the staties in this situation, disrespect you in your house. Silvio wasn’t having it. i’m 100% ok with everything that happened from KU’s side up until the statie players came rushing in
Honestly, I was fine with everything other than SDS picking up the stool like an idiot.

You can't let them dunk it after a move like that. You should absolutely taunt after a block like that on a play like that. And you should absolutely defend yourself and your teammates when a fight starts. I have no issue with any of it. Looked like 80s NBA out there.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:43 am You don’t get to lecture us on character.
Do tell.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I can see a scenario where late spring early summer the university and HCBS mutually agree to part ways.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And I can see a scenario where Bill Self wins a title, has to sit out six games and looses a schollie for the next two years, and goes on and wins another.

I love scenarios.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:30 am I can see a scenario where late spring early summer the university and HCBS mutually agree to part ways.
We've done more over the last 10+ years to deteriorate the reputation of the program than we did in the previous 100 years.

Giddens knife fight.
Giles.
Sherron elevator incident.
Twins BB gun.
Football fight.
Josh Jackson stuff.
Bragg stuff.
Vick stuff.
FBI stuff.

I'm sure I'm leaving a thing or 2 out, but it's almost yearly. I don't put all the blame on Self, but as the head coach you shoulder some of the blame regardless.

So while I don't think Self would get fired, largely out of respect, I could see him just retiring.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Official Suspensions:
Silvio 9 games
Mac 1 game
James Love (He's injured I think for year but he'll be suspended for 8 games)
DaJuan Gordon 1 game

KU and kstate both fined, reprimanded and will be on probation for rest of the year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:25 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:20 am has it been mentioned that the steal and attempted layup would have, in and of itself been viewed as a slight? you don’t let the opposition, particularly the staties in this situation, disrespect you in your house. Silvio wasn’t having it. i’m 100% ok with everything that happened from KU’s side up until the statie players came rushing in
Honestly, I was fine with everything other than SDS picking up the stool like an idiot.

After watching it several more times i think this is pretty much where I'm at as well.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:28 am Official Suspensions:
Silvio 9 games
Mac 1 game
James Love (He's injured I think for year but he'll be suspended for 8 games)
DaJuan Gordon 1 game

KU and kstate both fined, reprimanded and will be on probation for rest of the year.
And what exactly does being on probation mean.
Just Ledoux it
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Just that they can't have any more in game situations like that or coaches will be suspended. That kind of stuff.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Gotcha
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Those are the “official suspensions” per whom?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:35 am Those are the “official suspensions” per whom?
Guess I forgot to put my prediction on the end. But if you read it, you clearly gather that I'm guessing what they are.

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Is it an intentional slight, or is it a dumb Freshman getting some garbage time minutes and impulsively thinking to himself that this is a golden opportunity to get two points under his name in the box score? It’s a bad look either way, but I’m not sure it was nefarious intent.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/12 ... mp4?tag=10

Another angle. A nice view of kstate starting the whole thing annnnd bonus footage of Case flying in from off screen to take out White Pants.
Just Ledoux it