Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 289

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Time out! Whomever created the pic could only fit 4 guys in it so they dissed Svi? Not cool!
Devonte' is in good company except for the fact his 2P% is considerably worse than the other 4 guys.
His 3P% is too.
I honestly had no idea Marcus was shooting 45.7% from behind the line. That's damn impressive.
By they way, if anyone cares, Devonte' is in Paris to play the Bucks tomorrow night (2:00pm Central).
Deleted User 289

This should probably go on the NBA 2019/2020 thread but I feel Wiggins is being disrespected by his own GM so I am putting it on here.
When Gersson Rosas has another "max" guy on his team (Wiggins) I don't feel it's the sharpest move to say this about another guy (Towns) who is debatably the best (or not the best) player on the Wolves.
“He’s the best player on our team, and he’s the guy we’re building around. Everything we do is to help him become the best player".
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think Wiggs has been 65.4x better this year than almost every season past. From watching him and box score watching, I do actually think it's because he's accepted his role as Robin. Trying to do everything that KAT can't.

And playing very well. Saw something earlier this week that his overall stat line is comparable to a top 10 player last season.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:25 am I think Wiggs has been 65.4x better this year than almost every season past. From watching him and box score watching, I do actually think it's because he's accepted his role as Robin. Trying to do everything that KAT can't.

And playing very well. Saw something earlier this week that his overall stat line is comparable to a top 10 player last season.
Wiggins gets a lot of unnecessary blame for not living up to a max contract I feel. Look at the season he had before signing that deal. He was improving each year. Becoming a better shooter, making him a more efficient scorer. Signs the deal, everyone is happy. Then Thibs comes in, brings his buddy Butler with and all hell breaks lose. Even his numbers after Butler left were on par with where they were before he arrived. Butler blew that team up from the inside and Wiggins is the one shouldering all the blame.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Probably because most people feel like Butler was right?

If Wiggins and KAT had the work ethic and dedication to be great that Devonte has there would have never been any issues.

I think Wiggins gets some unfair criticism because of the contract, but that's on the TWolves not him...

I've watched maybe 7 TWOLVES games this year and I think Wiggins has made improvements to his defense effort and rebounding.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Grandma wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:06 pm By they way, if anyone cares, Devonte' is in Paris to play the Bucks tomorrow night (2:00pm Central).
Frank cares.

I am, I said.
Deleted User 289

That's awesome! I was wondering if Frank was going to make the trip. Nowhere to be found in the box score (not even a DNP-CD) so I assumed he didn't.
Deleted User 289

If you click on the arrow on the right side of the photo - the next photo is of Devonte' with Frank.

* EDIT - Here it is.....

"
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I keep seeing a status fail on this site. Not sure this would work either.

I am, I said.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Last edited by Soklous on Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 295

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Yet one is an up and comer with a bright future while the other is already a bust.
Deleted User 295

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:38 pm Yet one is an up and comer with a bright future while the other is already a bust.
LOL so true....at his current pace he's on track to be a top 40 scorer of all time. Super bust.

Not everyone turns into Kobe Bryant or LeBron or MJ. If that's the bar for "bust" then they're damn near all busts.
Deleted User 289

First pick in the draft, no all-star games in your first 6 seasons in the league, fair or not, people are going to label you a bust.
Deleted User 295

The only bust was their player evaluation skills having Wiggins over Embiid.

That entire 2014 draft class hasn't been very good. If it was to redraft tonight Wiggins would still be the 3rd or 4th pick.

Imo, he's been better / had a better career so far than everyone in that draft class except Embiid and Jokic....maybe someone would try argue Capella or Lavine (not me)....but after that there is nobody really even close.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Send complaints to Andrew's accountant.
TIA
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

2 HOFers and a couple max contract guys. Awful draft.
Deleted User 295

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:31 pm 2 HOFers and a couple max contract guys. Awful draft.
LOL. lots of "busts" in that draft class if they're calling Wiggins a bust.

And Jokic was drafted 41st or something like that.
Deleted User 289

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Grandma wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:10 am
Gutter, your signature line is kinda whiney.