Fox and Friends

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: Fox and Friends

Post by HouseDivided »

zsn wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:42 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:51 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:33 pm I’m just glad it was the conservative brain trust, of all people, who has been kind enough to clarify that watching Fox News really don’t count at “actual news,” and doing so is fueled by a borderline masochistic desire to be outraged.

How meta!
I wasn't trying to be insulting. I was merely echoing Illy's puzzlement as to why someone would intentionally sit down daily to watch something that bothers them so much. Why put yourself through that?
People go to horror movies and close their eyes for a good portion of the movie. But they go to the horror movie nonetheless. And they'll go the next one and close their eyes for a good portion of that also. So there's that.......as a psychologist YOU figure it out.
I guess I've always been one of those people who doesn't waste his time at horror movies because he doesn't want to see that. The people who go and close their eyes don't typically complain about the movie - they acknowledge that they get enjoyment out of the experience.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Know your enemy
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i still come here, even though a couple of posters make this place nearly unbearable
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:38 pm i still come here, even though a couple of posters make this place nearly unbearable
I can think of way more than a couple who fit that bill.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:38 pm i still come here, even though a couple of posters make this place nearly unbearable
If I am one of them, I apologize.

But yeah, I feel the same way.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I assume to/for many I am one of those "couple of posters".
Well kids, when you congregate with hundreds of people from all different walks of life who have different personalities, opinions, ideas, morals, there is a good chance there will be some you don't care for. Thankfully no one is forced to be on this site - so in this case you have the freedom to remove yourself from those who cause you angst. Yet many still choose to be on here. That's on you, not those who bother you.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dangit, look what you guys did! Now gutter’s Self conscious again!

And I love how my phone always capitalizes Self
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:44 am I assume to/for many I am one of those "couple of posters".
Well kids, when you congregate with hundreds of people from all different walks of life who have different personalities, opinions, ideas, morals, there is a good chance there will be some you don't care for. Thankfully no one is forced to be on this site - so in this case you have the freedom to remove yourself from those who cause you angst. Yet many still choose to be on here. That's on you, not those who bother you.
Good word, Gutter.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Jared's got this!

80 pages - and a MAP!

Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Jared might the the smartest person in Trump's inner circle, and 1 of the few who he'd actually consider taking advice from.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

chiknbut wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:26 am Jared's got this!

80 pages - and a MAP!

The one thing it doesn't have is any input from the Palestinians, you know, the other half of the people necessary to make peace. So maybe it is more of wish list or a demand letter. But it would be the deal of the century for Isreal......if the other party agreed to it.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The republican brain trust:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:15 am
The one thing it doesn't have is any input from the Palestinians, you know, the other half of the people necessary to make peace. So maybe it is more of wish list or a demand letter. But it would be the deal of the century for Isreal......if the other party agreed to it.
Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan, just to name three, are more receptive than the American Left.

So...

...well...

kOoSHner!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:05 pm
Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan, just to name three, are more receptive than the American Left.

So...

...well...

kOoSHner!
I would say you missed the point but then you couldn't have been so obvious in your deflection.

You, skipped an important one though, Putin is receptive.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:48 pm

So...

...well...

kOoSHner!
I would say you missed the point but then you couldn't have been so obvious in your deflection.

Nah.

I got the point.

The Palestinians and their financial sponsors in Tehran STILL want Israel wiped off the map ("from the rive to the sea," as CNN puts it). And you think that they should be indulged to believe that's valid starting point for negotiations.

cUz POOtiN!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Palestine won't agree to it.

At least until the drone missiles start raining down!
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:52 pm

So...

...well...

kOoSHner!

Nah.

I got the point.

The Palestinians and their financial sponsors in Tehran STILL want Israel wiped off the map ("from the rive to the sea," as CNN puts it). And you think that they should be indulged to believe that's valid starting point for negotiations.

cUz POOtiN!
I laughed.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:52 pm

So...

...well...

kOoSHner!

Nah.

I got the point.

cUz POOtiN!
Of course you don't engage the Palestinians when you want to stop a war with the Palestinians. You give them an ultimatum that you craft to be sure they will refuse and then you proceed to wipe them off the Earth for not taking the "deal of the century".

By the way, would that be the 11th or 12th "century"? Hard to keep the crusades straight.

So why did you leave Putin off your list? Bibi went straight to Moscow to talk to Putin about it. Of course if you are gonna indulge someone, why not start with The Putin? When it comes to getting re-elected Vlad is the godfather amiright? All the right wingers want his blessing (and the IRA ) these days. My how times have changed.....