Contributor

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by defixione »

Uh oh.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Feral wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:13 am Interesting. At a huge regional cancer center in Tampa, they're not only asking every patient if they've recently had a fever or cough, but also if they've traveled to China recently, before they receive treatment.
My daughter tried to make an "appointment" at the walk-in clinic (yes, that seems contradictory, but you can put your name on the list before you leave home) and they ask if you have a cold/cough/fever or if you have traveled to China in the last month before they let you into the sign-up page.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Can you imagine (or have you seen videos) of the steps necessary to not cross contaminate people at a health care facility? Full coverage suit with eye protection must either be completely changed out or be sprayed down with disinfectant. How many people is a nurse going to be able to help in one hour going thru procedures between patients like that.

If I am a civilian nurse, can they even make me go to work? I wouldn’t want to take such an easily transmittable virus home to my family.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs 99 is a nurse. A couple of years ago we got 15" of snow that shut down the city. The hospital said that all nurses had to show and that if they couldn't get in, call the police and they would drive them.

Not sure how this would work. I don't think they could force her in, but they could fire her.
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DrPepper wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:45 pm Can you imagine (or have you seen videos) of the steps necessary to not cross contaminate people at a health care facility? Full coverage suit with eye protection must either be completely changed out or be sprayed down with disinfectant. How many people is a nurse going to be able to help in one hour going thru procedures between patients like that.

If I am a civilian nurse, can they even make me go to work? I wouldn’t want to take such an easily transmittable virus home to my family.
Ive built hospitals with negative air containment rooms. Complete with a double entry vesituble for changing these suits and vac air and lab air for cleaning and containment etc. Its a huge process to enter and exit these rooms. The biggest hospital i was involved with had 2 of these rooms.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

So they gonna cancel Olympics?
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

If I had any flights or cruises purchased (or planned) at my expense, I’d be trying to get full reimbursement insurance in place.

I have a coworker trying to get out of Italy today.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

CDC warns Americans of 'significant disruption'

U.S. health officials issued a strong warning about novel coronavirus on Tuesday -- that it's no longer a matter of if, but when it will spread in the U.S., and that Americans should prepare for a "significant disruption."

Until now, health officials said they'd hoped to prevent community spread in the U.S. But following community transmissions in Italy, Iran and South Korea, health officials believe the virus may not be able to be contained at the border.

"Ultimately, we expect we will see community spread in this country," Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said Tuesday at a news conference.

Americans should continue to practice protective measures -- hand-washing, staying home from work when sick -- while local officials should make sure systems are in place -- teleschooling, working remotely -- should face-to-face interactions need to be reduced. Health care facilities should be prepared to increase telehealth systems and delay elective surgeries should the need arise.

Messonnier noted that every community's response will be different. What's appropriate for a community with local transmission may not be appropriate for a community in which no local transmissions has occurred.

So far there has been no community spread in the United States. Forty-three people repatriated on charter flights from Wuhan, China, or from the Diamond Princess cruise ship have tested positive for COVID-19, and 14 cases have been detected in the U.S. via the country's health system. Among those 57 cases, only two involved human transmission in the United States, and those transmissions were among members of the same household.
[...]
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Earlier today: (This is not reassuring.)

Derek Cressman
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Unfortunately the message of your signature line juxtaposed with the content of the post is starkly grotesque: these b@$t@rds aren't going to do squat beyond grandstanding for the cameras.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

When you have a clueless p.o.s. President you are going to end up with clueless "acting" secretaries/directors such as Chad Wolf.
It's a lot worse than not reassuring, it's damn frightening and pathetic that we have someone such as Chad Wolf trying to answer basic questions about something that can be a catastrophe - and his responses were no better than what I could have offered.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:44 pm So they gonna cancel Olympics?
Maybe:

Derek Cressman
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yeah, I'm going to trust what Dick Pound says.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

supposed to fly to florida in a week for work

can’t say i feel all that comfortable going
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Who's on 1st.

So Kennedy enables this administration for 3 years and now that it's in trouble grandstands and acts like he gives a damn.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:02 pm Who's on 1st.

So Kennedy enables this administration for 3 years and now that it's in trouble grandstands and acts like he gives a damn.
I know. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.
Derek Cressman
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

But he's loyal to Trump.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:02 pm Who's on 1st.

Not really how it works, but everyone should be grumpy with Trumpy.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman