So...wut now?

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

So...wut now?

Post by DCHawk1 »

You people are going to nominate a 157 year-old Castro-wannabe with ejection fraction issues, while the current President (who will, natch, be the GOP nominee) walks confidently and stupidly into his Hurricane Katrina (also known as covid-19).

So...I guess what I'm saying is that I hope you can convince your nominee to choose his running mate wisely.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
HouseDivided

Re: So...wut now?

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:03 am You people are going to nominate a 157 year-old Castro-wannabe with ejection fraction issues, while the current President (who will, natch, be the GOP nominee) walks confidently and stupidly into his Hurricane Katrina (also known as covid-19).

So...I guess what I'm saying is that I hope you can convince your nominee to choose his running mate wisely.
Butt-Bern 2020!
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so who would be a good veep?

I'd also be curious to hear more about the covid 19/Katrina angle.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Trump has been running around talking about what a great job everyone is doing protecting the United States from covid-19. First he praised Xi, who was lying and exacerbating the crisis. Then he praised the WHO, who was lying and exacerbating the crisis. Now he's praising his administration, which is lying and exacerbating the crisis.

Everybody is Brownie and everybody is doing a heckuva job.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It saddens me that the best this country can do is dt vs bs.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:31 am Trump has been running around talking about what a great job everyone is doing protecting the United States from covid-19. First he praised Xi, who was lying and exacerbating the crisis. Then he praised the WHO, who was lying and exacerbating the crisis. Now he's praising his administration, which is lying and exacerbating the crisis.

And this is surprising to you because..........
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:44 am It saddens me that the best this country can do is dt vs bs.
It saddens me that in 2016 a total of about 90,000 people in PA, MI and WI thought that qualifications didn't matter as much as hatred of brown people
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Right, 90,000 people were racists. Image

That line of thinking is why we have people refusing to listen to "the other side."
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

It's actually what the studies of the voting showed.
Don't inject Lysol.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:03 am You people are going to nominate a 157 year-old Castro-wannabe with ejection fraction issues, while the current President (who will, natch, be the GOP nominee) walks confidently and stupidly into his Hurricane Katrina (also known as covid-19).

Nina Turner, Tulsi Gabbard?

And be real, he only looks like 110.
Don't inject Lysol.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

lobster wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:43 pm Right, 90,000 people were racists. Image

That line of thinking is why we have people refusing to listen to "the other side."
What's your excuse, Lobby?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Studies and statistics can be uses to prove or disprove nearly any viewpoing in the world.

Not saying they're useless, just saying they can be skewed to show the desired outcome of the narrator.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

seahawk wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:59 pm It's actually what the studies of the voting showed.
Link....?

I'll wait.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:37 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:31 am Trump has been running around talking about what a great job everyone is doing protecting the United States from covid-19. First he praised Xi, who was lying and exacerbating the crisis. Then he praised the WHO, who was lying and exacerbating the crisis. Now he's praising his administration, which is lying and exacerbating the crisis.

And this is surprising to you because..........
Who said it was surprising?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

This is horrible, if only someone could have done something to chasten him.....
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What I wanna know is, after all the dumbfuckery Trump has gotten away with, why only now, for this, do you think Trump might finally be subjected to consequences?

After all the shit he’s pulled, why only *now* do you think there might be a critical mass of Americans who care?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:47 am What I wanna know is, after all the dumbfuckery Trump has gotten away with, why only now, for this, do you think Trump might finally be subjected to consequences?

After all the shit he’s pulled, why only *now* do you think there might be a critical mass of Americans who care?
Is this a trick question? Because my 401K!

Wait I got out of stocks months ago and put my money in real estate.....so my tax cuts?

Nevermind, 4 More Years! 4 More Years!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Maybe it's just me, but now would seem like a good time to repeal Obummercare. A few million more people without health insurance would be a good cost cutting measure. Sick people are expensive.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

The idea of Obamacare I support. But it can't be done thru forcing insurance companies to cover everyone.

When it comes to healthcare reform I like Pete and Amy's ideas. Let insurance companies decide who to cover thru actuarial science like they always have...and then let the government funded Healthcare pick up the people who are uninsurable due to health/pre existing conditions/etc.

Insurance companies exist to make profit. If you try to force them to cover everyone then nobody wins and the system doesn't work.

Also, get the cost of medicines under control. Drug companies exist to make profit also, but there are ways to incentivize them to lower prices to a reasonable amount.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 am Maybe it's just me, but now would seem like a good time to repeal Obummercare. A few million more people without health insurance would be a good cost cutting measure. Sick people are expensive.
This is where Trump has been at his laziest and most pathetic.

I mean...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/health ... 76806.html