So...wut now?

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: So...wut now?

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:03 pm
zsn wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:00 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:54 pm The sue happy nature of this country has increased insurance costs for physicians to astronomical levels.
This is a lie coming from the same people who have been lying to you that the path to prosperity is through trickle-down economics. A convenient scapegoat but one not supported by facts.
My sister, who has a practice and who has never been sued for malpractice, says fuck you. So does my best friends dad, a surgeon with a private practice. So does my cousin with a private practice.
Flattering as it is I have no intentions of having coital relations with your immediate family. Be that as it may, I do not disagree or question that their malpractice insurance premiums are high. I do, however, question the reason you provided, or more accurately question the judgement of your sister, best friends' dad and your cousing regarding their gullibility of believing the malpractice-insurance providers as to why their premiums are high.
Last edited by zsn on Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:00 pm Private health insurance is still big there.

Of course, Bernie thinks those Brits are corporatist far-right wingers for allowing that.
Private health insurance in UK and Germany are add-ons. That is the system we need here. I have several close friends who are also colleagues who live in the UK. We have had this discussion many times. They have no issues with the quality of the doctors they have, imported or otherwise. Yes, there may be some exceptions but "plural of anecdote is not data".
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:58 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:40 pm JFC....just arguing to argue with your select few targets.

You didn't even disagree with him. You just made some smart ass comment.

No wonder whenever I leave you become public enemy #1. You're a clown.
Why would I disagree with him? I do not have relevant I formation about the primary factors affecting rising insurance costs. In my 5 seconds of research right now, however, I have come across studies that do not support TDub's family opinions and instead cited growing population, aging seniors, disease prevalence/incidence, medical service utilization and service price & intensity as the drivers of rising costs. But hey, a sister ranting over Christmas dinner is probably a more reliable source. Not one of the studies I found mentioned litigation from the sue-happy folks as a driver in rising health insurance costs.
In my 5 seconds of reading your post right now I determined that you looked up the reasons for OUR Healthcare costs rising.

Again, if you were paying attention you'd have noticed in your 5seconds that what was being discussed were the rising costs of becoming a doctor and being a doctor. As in the costs doctors incur for running a private practice...

But cool rant bro.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:02 pm Again, if you were paying attention you'd have noticed in your 5seconds that what was being discussed were the rising costs of becoming a doctor and being a doctor. As in the costs doctors incur for running a private practice...
Yes, but also TDub said his sister wanted to have sexual relations with me for contradicting his theory that "The sue happy nature of this country has increased insurance costs for physicians to astronomical levels.". So twocoach is not incorrect in his rant. Jussayin'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapse ... 8821e51517
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

When I was a child nobody had health insurance and healthcare was affordable. Medical educations weren't prohibitively expensive, and the medical professionals didn't make a lot more than others.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:33 pm When I was a child nobody had health insurance and healthcare was affordable. Medical educations weren't prohibitively expensive, and the medical professionals didn't make a lot more than others.
Doesn't cost that much to learn how to put leeches on people.

Seriously, though, our health insurance situation is a direct product of war-time wage and price policy, namely the Stabilization Act of 1942 and the Revenue Act of 1942. Wages were frozen, but fringe benefits could be offered and would NOT be taxed. Therefore, health insurance became THE lure for employees.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 295

Learn something new everyday.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Doesn't cost that much to learn how to put leeches on people.
i laughed
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:51 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:02 pm Again, if you were paying attention you'd have noticed in your 5seconds that what was being discussed were the rising costs of becoming a doctor and being a doctor. As in the costs doctors incur for running a private practice...
Yes, but also TDub said his sister wanted to have sexual relations with me for contradicting his theory that "The sue happy nature of this country has increased insurance costs for physicians to astronomical levels.". So twocoach is not incorrect in his rant. Jussayin'

Thanks for posting the article.

During the fight over the passage of the ACA, I spent what seemed like years arguing that malpractice premiums did not play a large role in the total cost of medical care, but people against the ACA didn't care because they knew what they knew, and there was nothing you could do to convince them otherwise.

But then, what do I know?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Nah, she has much better taste than to waste any time with someone who calls her a liar and acts like a holier than thou twat to anyone who has a different opinion than them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/23/upsh ... costs.html

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/p ... ity-system

https://www.nber.org/aginghealth/fall04/w10709.html

https://www.irmi.com/articles/expert-co ... ess-claims

https://www.irmi.com/articles/expert-co ... -insurance
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

And fuck you is different than they want to fuck you. But you know that, it just didnt play into your har dee har high larious condescending response
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

He's so obsessed with hanging a zinger on me that he isnt even paying attention any more.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:02 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:58 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:40 pm JFC....just arguing to argue with your select few targets.

You didn't even disagree with him. You just made some smart ass comment.

No wonder whenever I leave you become public enemy #1. You're a clown.
Why would I disagree with him? I do not have relevant I formation about the primary factors affecting rising insurance costs. In my 5 seconds of research right now, however, I have come across studies that do not support TDub's family opinions and instead cited growing population, aging seniors, disease prevalence/incidence, medical service utilization and service price & intensity as the drivers of rising costs. But hey, a sister ranting over Christmas dinner is probably a more reliable source. Not one of the studies I found mentioned litigation from the sue-happy folks as a driver in rising health insurance costs.
In my 5 seconds of reading your post right now I determined that you looked up the reasons for OUR Healthcare costs rising.

Again, if you were paying attention you'd have noticed in your 5seconds that what was being discussed were the rising costs of becoming a doctor and being a doctor. As in the costs doctors incur for running a private practice...

But cool rant bro.
Maybe you should take more than 5 seconds to read it next time.
Deleted User 295

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:01 am

He's so obsessed with hanging a zinger on me that he isnt even paying attention any more.
Maybe...but you still haven't admitted you were talking about your/our rising health care costs, and not the high cost of becoming a doctor and operating a private practice.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Geezer wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:33 pm When I was a child nobody had health insurance and healthcare was affordable. Medical educations weren't prohibitively expensive, and the medical professionals didn't make a lot more than others.
And lots more people lived on farms, went to church, had white neighbors and lived in households with guns in them.

Things change from when people were kids.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:48 pm
Doesn't cost that much to learn how to put leeches on people.

Seriously, though, our health insurance situation is a direct product of war-time wage and price policy, namely the Stabilization Act of 1942 and the Revenue Act of 1942. Wages were frozen, but fringe benefits could be offered and would NOT be taxed. Therefore, health insurance became THE lure for employees.
Thanks professor, now tell us how decoupling employment and health insurance will be less disruptive to people's lives than universal healthcare? Tell me how this will be a positive for my business and to the economy?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Feral wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:37 pm

Thanks for posting the article.

During the fight over the passage of the ACA, I spent what seemed like years arguing that malpractice premiums did not play a large role in the total cost of medical care, but people against the ACA didn't care because they knew what they knew, and there was nothing you could do to convince them otherwise.

But then, what do I know?
Even the countries with universal healthcare systems are struggling to pay the bills, even when the costs are lower than ours. What's happened to most developed countries is that we got old. Which is expensive.

And medicine got more complicated, more expensive, and more available, so we got even older.
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Looks like COVID-19 Czar Pence is going to scour the gulf coast for money, (everyone knows that money is filthy), in an effort to collect it so the public won't be at risk of infection by coming in contact with it. It's strictly a coincidence that he happens to be looking for money in Longboat Key, a very, very affluent area of Florida.

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »