why the greatest economy ever...

Ugh.
NewtonHawk11

Re: why the greatest economy ever...

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

lobster wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:15 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:12 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:41 pm I Checked my 401k the other day. It feels pretty good.
I checked my 401k today. It doesn't feel pretty good.
The stock market has been long overdue for something to prick the bubble. It's not Trump or Obama's fault, but rather, the way our government doesn't allow markets to recover.
Oh I know. I just had to give MICHHAWK some shit. It's always going to be up and down. If you touting the highs, you have to lament in the lows too.

I still got a ways to go before I consider retirement, so I'm in for a long damn haul.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:17 pm

The stock market has been long overdue for something to prick the bubble. It's not Trump or Obama's fault, but rather, the way our government doesn't allow markets to recover.
Oh I know. I just had to give MICHHAWK some shit. It's always going to be up and down. If you touting the highs, you have to lament in the lows too.

I still got a ways to go before I consider retirement, so I'm in for a long damn haul.
Well, okay. :D
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:41 pm I Checked my 401k the other day. It feels pretty good.
What does that even mean?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 104

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:26 pm

Serious or trolling?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Prove him wrong, DC. That is if you can understand what the hell he's writing about.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I ain't worried, Trump is giving a fireside chat in a few:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Feral wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:28 pm I ain't worried, Trump is giving a fireside chat in a few:

100% blame to the Democrats?
Deleted User 104

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

lobster wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:27 pm

Serious or trolling?
Dead serious. What does "he way our government doesn't allow markets to recover," mean?
Deleted User 104

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:21 pm
lobster wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:27 pm

Serious or trolling?
Dead serious. What does "he way our government doesn't allow markets to recover," mean?
It means, rather than letting markets naturally correct themselves (letting banks and companies go bust, etc.) we instead print a shitload of money and lower interest rates. All this does is inflate the bubble a few more years and kick the can down the road. It produces an illusion of a recovering economy, which Trump mentioned on his campaign several times before he was elected. Sadly, since he won, he's claimed ownership of this bubble in the stock market. The only thing he's done is inflate the bubble more. But now, what can the Fed do if the market collapses? Go to zero interest rates?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Ah.

That's not a terrible explanation, although the phrase you used -- "the way our government doesn't allow markets to recover" -- doesn't really describe it at all.
Deleted User 104

If anyone on here wants to make a little money on a side hustle, start buying those masks wherever you can find them and sell them to Calfiornia and China.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I kind of think that the folks that manufacture those masks are already on top of it.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

lobster wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:37 pm If anyone on here wants to make a little money on a side hustle, start buying those masks wherever you can find them and sell them to Calfiornia and China.
Excellent tip, lobstrodomus! You're like a leading indicator that's only a month late:

At the end of January, this 100-count pack of disposable three-layer masks — which, if you’ll remember, won’t do much good — was priced at $4.21 on Amazon, according to Keepa, which tracks price changes on the website.

As of Thursday, the set of masks has nearly quintupled in price, selling for $19.99.

This set of 10 N95 respirators was $18.20 in mid-January. It’s currently sold out after spiking to $199.99 on Wednesday, according to Keepa.

[...]
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 104

Feral wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:29 pm
lobster wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:37 pm If anyone on here wants to make a little money on a side hustle, start buying those masks wherever you can find them and sell them to Calfiornia and China.
Excellent tip, lobstrodomus! You're like a leading indicator that's only a month late:

At the end of January, this 100-count pack of disposable three-layer masks — which, if you’ll remember, won’t do much good — was priced at $4.21 on Amazon, according to Keepa, which tracks price changes on the website.

As of Thursday, the set of masks has nearly quintupled in price, selling for $19.99.

This set of 10 N95 respirators was $18.20 in mid-January. It’s currently sold out after spiking to $199.99 on Wednesday, according to Keepa.

[...]
I shared this now, but my wife and I have been doing this since January.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

lobster wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:53 pm

[...]
Me too.
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Feral wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:24 pm
lobster wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:53 pm

[...]
Me too.
My dumb ass is confused. Been doing what? Stock piling for yourselves or being scumbag assholes and instead of helping supply them to those who are at risk and can't find nor purchase masks at affordable prices - you bought a bunch and will happily sell them to those who will pay your inflated asking price/s and fuck anyone else?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It was a joke, Grandma.

I have no way of knowing, but I don't believe lobster when he says that he and his wife cornered the surgical mask market back in January.

But, I could be wrong, and he can post his brokerage account statement and prove it.
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 104

Feral wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:03 pm It was a joke, Grandma.

I have no way of knowing, but I don't believe lobster when he says that he and his wife cornered the surgical mask market back in January.

But, I could be wrong, and he can post his brokerage account statement and prove it.
lol, you wouldn't believe me if I said the sky was blue. My wife is Chinese and the Chinese knew about the demand for masks far before you or most Americans did. We made some good coin with her relatives in China, I'll leave it at that.
Deleted User 104

If anyone really wants to get ahead of most people, put some of your portfolio into gold (precious metal) mutual funds. When the recession hits, this will at least protect some of your purchasing power in case the dollar loses value from QE.