Who Is Banned?

You Love It.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Who Is Banned?

Post by TDub »

Illy is just fine. He gets a bad rep and he had a knack for rubbing people the wrong way but he's fine. He brings a different perspecrive to things and he brings an honest attempt at conversation at least 60% of the time. And if were looking for content just for the sake of content, he provides.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Also, this last version of illy was the most reasonable, even keeled version yet. Im excited for the next release.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s a good way to think of it.

I can’t wait til the next illy drops.

Maybe it’ll be his experimental phase. Like spacious riffs and electronic accents and soaring melodies rooted in deep bass lines, his most expressive work to date!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you’re way too generous, TDub

60% of his posts are definitely NOT honest attempts at conversation

he’s admitted to trolling at least twice, and just a couple days ago admitted to posting on the poli board just to argue
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:09 am
just a couple days ago admitted to posting on the poli board just to argue

As opposed to the rest of the board who post there to make a real change.

#WeAreTheGoodGuys!
I am, I said.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Soklous wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:40 am
TraditionKU wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:09 am
just a couple days ago admitted to posting on the poli board just to argue

As opposed to the rest of the board who post there to make a real change.

#WeAreTheGoodGuys!
not real change, but genuine conversation
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah...sigh.

So many of his posts just seemed antagonistic, with little intent to engage in sincere dialogue.

ETA I’m not sure where Sok’s post falls on the sincerity-antagonist spectrum, either.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I hesitate to post this, but wtf.

(Full disclosure: I admit it, I am biased, I'm a partisan, and, I'm a hypocrite. But then, imo, all of us fit on that spectrum somewhere. And yes, as Illi points out ad nauseam, both sides do "it". However, they don't both do "it" to the same extent, and to suggest they do, is ignorant, and intellectually lazy. And, I admit that if Illi's posts always agreed with my pov, he probably wouldn't irritate me as much as he does.)

I used to think Illi was fine too, and couldn't understand why Trad, PhD, Cascadia, et al. were always giving him such a hard time on the Basketball forum. But that's probably because I don't read every post or thread on the BB forum.

Then Illi showed up on the Politics forum, and I understood.

My main problem with Illi's posts are that they are so, so frequently primarily about the other posters, and not the subject of the thread/discussion. Yes, we all give each other shit and call each other out, and we all hijack threads, but as we all know it's just another day for Illi to take up multiple pages pursuing yet another poster over something/anything, for committing one of his perceived transgressions. The endless, I know you are but what am I, nature of so many of his posts, is stunning.

When I think about it, which I haven't much until now, for me, if I can learn things from you, I pretty much don't care how much of a dick you are here. There are several people here who don't like me, and it's likely, the feeling is mutual. But if they didn't post here and I didn't see their humor or informative posts, there's no doubt I'd miss them. When Illi talks about subjects in his wheel house like property values of farmland, etc., I'm rapt, because it's all news to me.

Where's Illi's governor? Of course he has every right to post whatever he wants anywhere here, but I don't get on the Football and Basketball forums and challenge/argue Xs and Os with the people there who obviously have a passion for and knowledge of it, because I don't know it very well and it would be rude and disrespectful. So, why does he think it's not rude to come over to the Poli board and challenge people about subjects he obviously knows little to nothing about, and about which he usually adds nothing?

/rant

That being said, you can tell there's a decent guy there, but...............
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I enjoy the board more without his multi-page arguments just for the sake of arguing.

But, he is 10 times more tolerable than that other guy that lurks the boards here and gives his commentary to the .com.

Illy never completely crossed the line. The comments about my wife were uncalled for.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Illy brings as much or more value than several board members who get no heat. Illy was always fine to me and I await his resurgence.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I can understand the frustration, i do get that, but I guess I just never got into one of those types of arguments with him. Just lucky i guess
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

God damnit, when did TDub become the Illy Fan Club President?
Deleted User 62

Cascadia wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:28 am God damnit, when did TDub become the Illy Fan Club President?
Pouring it on kinda thick too
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

So Illy AND lobster deleted their accounts?

I'll put down a $50 donation to help those two start a podcast together. Just imagine the laughs
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:28 am God damnit, when did TDub become the Illy Fan Club President?

Im not fan club president. I just think its bullshit he gets as much heat as he does when there are people who are way more hateful, argumentative, angry, posters who literally add nothing to the discussion that get no hate because...i dont know why. Because they sharw similar views as others i guess? I dont know, its odd.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 62

Cascadia wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:39 am So Illy AND lobster deleted their accounts?

I'll put down a $50 donation to help those two start a podcast together. Just imagine the laughs
Lobster is Squiddy. Some dumb chick deleted the Lobster account.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:51 am
Cascadia wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:39 am So Illy AND lobster deleted their accounts?

Lobster is Squiddy. Some dumb chick deleted the Lobster account.
lol, fantastic.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

TDub wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:43 am

Im not fan club president. I just think its bullshit he gets as much heat as he does when there are people who are way more hateful, argumentative, angry, posters who literally add nothing to the discussion that get no hate because...i dont know why. Because they sharw similar views as others i guess? I dont know, its odd.
who?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Wouldn’t it be cool if we just let people discuss their opinions rather than trying to berate and belittle them until they go away? Just spitballin’ here . . .
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:40 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:43 am

who?
lulz
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto