Re: NBA Finals

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and he isn’t even from cleveland
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Paul1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:47 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:42 am
Paul1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:20 am Perhaps because a select few make a huge point of expressing that they take pride in where they are from and who they are representing? And actually profit from it.
Then right or wrong their fans feel deserted when they leave being that they are left to wallow with a shit team because their hero who they have a strong allegiance to has left them.
I don't know, that's just a thought.
Basing whether something is allowed on whether or not it angers fans is foolish. Fans should be viewed generally as an overtired toddler.
LOL! Without fans an NBA player isn't shit. "over tired toddlers" or not, how much money has LeBron James made off of his fans? That's the bottom line. Isn't it?
Ah, the old "I pay your salary so I am am entitled to get whatever I what" hissy fit.
One of my favorite adult toddler arguments.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

And did he not deliver what he promised to Cleveland? The way Dan Gilbert, and the rest of Cleveland to a lesser extent, treated him when he went to Miami they didn't deserve to get him back. Yet he still went back and gave Gilbert and Cleveland a title.

They are in debt to him. He doesn't owe Cleveland any more than he has already delivered.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He should throw himself off a cliff in Cleveland like ScarJo did in the Avengers movie.
Maybe then they'll be happy.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:17 am And did he not deliver what he promised to Cleveland? The way Dan Gilbert, and the rest of Cleveland to a lesser extent, treated him when he went to Miami they didn't deserve to get him back. Yet he still went back and gave Gilbert and Cleveland a title.

They are in debt to him. He doesn't owe Cleveland any more than he has already delivered.
Cleveland doesn't owe him shit. He negotiated a fair contract within the parameters of the NBA's CBA and was paid in full.

You sound as dumb as the people who think he's an asshole for leaving for a different team when you say stupid shit like that.

If we're going to compare NBA athletes leaving town to a banker switching banks, then the analogy is that he was hired by Cleveland to do a job, he did it well, then the contract was up, and he moved on. Why would Cleveland owe him anything now? They don't.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think Cleveland is more in debt to him than he to them but I see what you're saying.
He didn't have to come back to Cleveland.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:57 pm I think Cleveland is more in debt to him than he to them but I see what you're saying.
He didn't have to come back to Cleveland.
There's no debt. Nobody owes anybody anything in that relationship.

If I go to a movie, I pay $13 to go to a movie, I never leave the theater after having been really really entertained thinking, "you know what, I owe them a couple extra bucks." I'm not in debt to Daniel Day Lewis because he did a great job of acting in the movie Lincoln, and Will Ferrell doesn't owe me anything just because I wasn't entertained by his Sherlock Holmes movie.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's different than that because of allegiances to cities.
Daniel Day Lewis doesn't have a close link to a particular city.
You don't 'owe' LeBron James any extra money, certainly, but you owe him 'sports grace'.

I owe Mario Chalmers 'sports grace/gratitude' for making that shot.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:09 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:42 am
Basing whether something is allowed on whether or not it angers fans is foolish. Fans should be viewed generally as an overtired toddler.
LOL! Without fans an NBA player isn't shit. "over tired toddlers" or not, how much money has LeBron James made off of his fans? That's the bottom line. Isn't it?
Ah, the old "I pay your salary so I am am entitled to get whatever I what" hissy fit.
Not a hissy fit, not an argument.
Owners pay salaries.
Forgetting ticket sales, which help the owners pay salaries, fans buy shoes,jerseys, etc.
I feel it doesn't make them "entitled" to anything - other than being a fan and hoping a player who they cheer for stays loyal to those he claims a loyalty to. That's all.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Fandom does crazy things to people.
Deleted User 266

Exactly! Can't spell fandom without d-u-m-b.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:39 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:17 am And did he not deliver what he promised to Cleveland? The way Dan Gilbert, and the rest of Cleveland to a lesser extent, treated him when he went to Miami they didn't deserve to get him back. Yet he still went back and gave Gilbert and Cleveland a title.

Cleveland doesn't owe him shit. He negotiated a fair contract within the parameters of the NBA's CBA and was paid in full.

You sound as dumb as the people who think he's an asshole for leaving for a different team when you say stupid shit like that.

If we're going to compare NBA athletes leaving town to a banker switching banks, then the analogy is that he was hired by Cleveland to do a job, he did it well, then the contract was up, and he moved on. Why would Cleveland owe him anything now? They don't.
I'm talking about the people who bring up loyalty and feel so betrayed by him. He did everything he promised as far as basketball goes in that city. He doesn't owe it to a fanbase to "stay loyal" to them. When I say Cleveland owes him, it's more of a metaphor, not contractual. Instead of burning his jerseys, fans should be saying thank you for delivering us the championship you promised.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Paul1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Owners pay salaries.
Forgetting ticket sales, which help the owners pay salaries, fans buy shoes,jerseys, etc.
I feel it doesn't make them "entitled" to anything - other than being a fan and hoping a player who they cheer for stays loyal to those he claims a loyalty to. That's all.
Then stop demanding that players take the feelings of fans into consideration when choosing whether to stay with th their team or move to a different one.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

How many Bulls fans burned MJ jerseys and bashed on him when he turned his back on them to play baseball?
Deleted User 266

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:47 pm
Paul1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:21 pm
Owners pay salaries.
Then stop demanding that players take the feelings of fans into consideration when choosing whether to stay with th their team or move to a different one.
You be you, I'll be me, and the world will be a better place for each of us.
It's a beautiful Friday, I'm getting through the day nicely, and just expressing my feelings/opinions. Didn't really expect them to be well received.
Your feelings/opinions are duly noted. I respect them.
Deleted User 266

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:52 pm How many Bulls fans burned MJ jerseys and bashed on him when he turned his back on them to play baseball?
3? 6? 8? 29? 42? 4,000? Zero? I really don't know nor would I be able to give an educated guess.
Not sure if you are trying to imply Bulls fans were or were not angry.
I wasn't happy that the NBA came out publicly and said they were going to investigate his gambling and then never came out publicly with the results of their investigation.
I assumed that meant he very well may have been guilty of actually betting on games he played in and if so - he should have been banned from playing for life.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Paul1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:13 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:52 pm How many Bulls fans burned MJ jerseys and bashed on him when he turned his back on them to play baseball?
3? 6? 8? 29? 42? 4,000? Zero? I really don't know nor would I be able to give an educated guess.
Not sure if you are trying to imply Bulls fans were or were not angry.
I wasn't happy that the NBA came out publicly and said they were going to investigate his gambling and then never came out publicly with the results of their investigation.
I assumed that meant he very well may have been guilty of actually betting on games he played in and if so - he should have been banned from playing for life.
I mean, it was a rhetorical question, but whatever. I'll ask it a different way, so you can give a known answer. Did you bash MJ for leaving his teammates and fans high and dry to the same level you currently do LeBron? IIRC, only one of those guys left mid contract, and it wasn't LeBron.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Well when you receive an NBA secret ban it's a little hard to maintain your contract
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Plus MJ wasnt a bitch. I know I know. I'll leave this argument alone, it goes nowhere. I'm an MJ guy clearly.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, I dunno if The Decision for Jordan to leave was Jordan’s to make