Post by pdub »

Huh.
This happens every four years.
I’m pretty in.

I want us to win every game.
DeletedUser

Re: Team USA

Post by DeletedUser »

I am in too, on the Olympics as a whole. But I guess I find other sports more interesting than basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s rare that i plan to watch any given competition…i just watch whatever is on when i’ve got the time

the exceptions are for history’s sake (Biles, Phelps, etc.)
Last edited by KUTradition on Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:26 pm it’s rare that i plan to watch any given competition…i just watch fever is on when i’ve got the time

the exceptions are for history’s sake (Biles, Phelps, etc.)
Same. We are watching equestrian jumping right now. My daughter is into horses so she's loving it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

dude’s pommelhorse routine was sick, keeping US gymnastics on the podium with a bronze
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:52 pm did britnry greiner take a knee for the anthem.
Did you stand up off your couch when the anthem was played?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:03 pm dude’s pommelhorse routine was sick, keeping US gymnastics on the podium with a bronze
The whole day of men's gymnastics was awesome. So many great performances across the entire team. I love seeing athletes achieve their lifelong dreams in sports like this where the Olympics is the pinnacle of the sport.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I doubt I will watch a second of Team USA bball (mens or womens), but have watched a lot of ping pong, water polo, and rugby lately. None of it with an American in it. It makes me miss those Saturday mornings with Wild World of Sports.
Watching water polo, I kept wondering what a Bill Self would do. It seems to be a lot of ball movement and faking. Just swing that defense around and do not let the ball stick. Again, I would love to see what a Bill Self take would be on this. Alexa (yes, I asked Alexa for the rule basics) said that water polo is a mixture of hockey, soccer, swimming, and basketball. It is 6+ goalie. Looks like man to man defense, but I do not know if that is required. 30-second shot clock.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I watched a bit of the womens floor exercises last night. Those last few were really awesome and perfectly solidly done. I was wondering how Simone Biles could top that. Then she steps up and in that first tumbling pass she fucking shoots up in the air soooo high. There was no comparison. Wow. She had some goofs in the routine, but I was shocked at her ability compared to the "other 'best in the world'" gymnasts.
She was like Broadway vs people who sing in the shower.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it just looks so easy for her

and, despite her size, her tumbling seems so powerful that i think it gets away from her (hence the couple step outs)…it’s just so easy for her to get the height and rotation, that it looks like she almost needs to pull back a little
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

That and the fact that she is doing triples while everyone else is doing doubles. I loved the graphic they had that showed that she gets higher in the air than the guy who won the gold at the last Olympics. Biles is one of the most powerful athletes we've seen.

So impressed with all that both Biles and Suni Lee had to overcome to accomplish what they did. They truly showed that some days you win just by enduring a shitty day and getting to the next day so that the next day has a chance to be great. That also had to be the most accomplished Olympic podium in women's gymnastics history. Two previous Olympics Gold Medalists in the All Around plus an Olympic Silver medalist that missed the gold by less than 2 tenths.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

This is the basketball thread. Right?
Hey KD - Does your husband play too? I'm not watching the game. Does he not give a shit and isn't trying?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Hot start for Serbia.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

More than a hot start. They are blowing them out. 41-25 in 2nd.

Looks like a KU tournament game against an over matched underdog. Playing harder. More locked in. And the bounces also going their way. Funny how that goes. Quicker to the ball. Quicker to the floor.

LeBron needs to put team USA on his back. Get Steph and Book going from 3. KD spending too much time complaining about every single fucking call.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

This is ugly
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Um.
Come on US.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Whoops, poked the bear.
Broham
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Steph on fire. 2nd half is going to be a battle (hopefully).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Go Serbs!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I feel better about our chances knowing gutter is cheering against us.

Serbia about to get "guttered".