Post by DeletedUser »

Who votes on it? Media members?
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NBA Playoffs 24

Post by pdub »

Yup.
Apparently a select 11 of them.

I am cheering for Jaylen Brown as I got some good odds on him after game 1.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:55 am Yup.

I also think Tatum will handle the criticism, and subsequent success/boosting of Brown, like a professional. Those 2 seem to like each other. Tatum typically gets most of the love, until now. So, good for Brown. He deserves it.

A lot of players in Browns situation would have demanded a trade years ago so that they could "be the star".
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:55 am Yup.

Interesting the number is 11. I was wondering if we would see our first co-Finals MVP. I guess not.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I wouldn't exactly call TD "packed" but this is kind of cool.
I have to assume a date was set for the Brady ceremony before they knew the NBA Finals schedule.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8KL57ju22e ... _copy_link
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Celtics have to shell out big money for Tatum after this season.
They have Porzingis for another year and extended Jrue.
I think basically this roster can return intact for next year but I believe they'll be paying some tax.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I heard a recent interview with Reggie Miller. He was hitting on how he felt the Pacers/Knicks rivalry is renewed and he expects it to continue with all the young players on both teams. He also said he feels the Celtics are in good shape for the future because of their young players.
Problem is.... We are talking about the 2020s NBA and not the 1990s NBA. Maybe it's just me but I feel there is a lot more player movement now than there was when he was playing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Boston is in a position to keep these guys together.
Their owner just may have to pay some extra money to do so ( but one could argue if they are winning titles, he's going to make that $$ back ).
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I see no reason why they shouldn't do everything they can to keep Tatum and Brown until at least the twighlight of their careers.

They need to start addressing their front court in the draft. And hope they can draft well enough to keep their bench competent enough not to lose games when they're in.

White is only 29, so he should have another handful of impact full years ahead of him too.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

How did Boston go from a team that couldn't make it out of the softer east to a team that ran right through everyone? The jrue holiday affect

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8JFMwntPmI ... lxcTV2cA==
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I love Luka, but he's got some self reflecting to do this off season.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8KxjQxS ... F5djF3bGwz
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I can see why PDub and other Boston fans are loving this, and don't wanna take that away from them.

But to an NBA-at-large and/or a general sports fan, this finals is pretty meh.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:48 am But to an NBA-at-large and/or a general sports fan, this finals is pretty meh.
Absolutely.

But, considering how many of the preceeding series during these playoffs were awesome or had extremely entertaining games, we were sort of due for a dud.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:48 am I can see why PDub and other Boston fans are loving this, and don't wanna take that away from them.

Been boring as hell. I wish Denver would've came out of the west, they could have given a competitive finals
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:11 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:48 am I can see why PDub and other Boston fans are loving this, and don't wanna take that away from them.

Been boring as hell. I wish Denver would've came out of the west, they could have given a competitive finals
I actually think Denver would beat Boston. Especially without Kristaps.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t.
I think the TWolves would have caused more trouble with their defense but ultimately Celtics the best team in the NBA.

Early on I wanted Dallas because of their average defense.

Go Celtics.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I don't necessarily disagree but I am wondering why YOU say that.
Sure, one team is up 3-0 and one team is down 0-3. Only other possibility would be for one team to be up 2-1 and one team to be down 1-2.
Not much "star power" makes it "meh"? Luka finished 3rd in MVP voting this season. Last season Tatum finished 4th.
In regards to popularity, 1st half of the season Tatum was #2 in jersey sales and Luka was #6.
Games aren't coming down to a last second game winner - or aren't as close as you and other fans would like them to be? Last two games were decided by 7 points and 8 points. Last season, out of the 5 games Finals, 3 games were decided by 11, 15, and 13 points.
Going in to the Finals...
Not a good story line? Celtics were the #1 team (Goliath) in the East and the Mavs were #5 (David) in the West.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also the last 2 games have been close/in contention especially game 3 where the Mavs had gone on a 20-2 run and it took Jaylen Browns highlight jumper to put the Celtics up 4 with under a minute.

But sure, Dallas hasn’t won a game yet…so a sweep isn’t exciting certainly as 6-7 games.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also it’s game 4 of THE NBA PLAYOFFS and there’s nothing at all in the first half of ESPNs site.

NHL ( I get it ).
WNBA ( really trying guys ).
Golf ( yawn and it’s the first day ).
College World Series ( meh ).
MLB ( also meh ).

And it’s not on a rival network - it’s ABC/Disney - get your shit together ESPN.